• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins"

So if we commit the same sin multiple times, are we doomed...? :blink:

1 Samuel 3:11-14

11) And the LORD said to Samuel:

"See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.

12) At that time I will carry out against Eli everything I spoke against his family

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins"

So if we commit the same sin multiple times, are we doomed...? :blink:

"See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.

12) At that time I will carry out against Eli everything I spoke against his family

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

So if we commit the same sin multiple times, are we doomed...? :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

So if we commit the same sin multiple times, are we doomed...? :24:

An excellent illustration of taking one part of one verse out of one chapter in one book in all of Scripture and attempting to formulate some hypothesis out of it. It is from such mind games as these that false doctrines arise to plague the body of Christ. Such nonsense should be ignored by Christians who are truly trying to understand the Word of God for the frivolous item that it is.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

So the "sinning" referred to Heb 10:26 amounts to trampling underfoot the Son of God, considering his blood as like that of a common animal or man, insulting (treating with contempt) the Spirit of Grace(Holy Spirit).

I believe what is being referred to here, is the message that grace is the provision to do differently than the world. To walk in the abundance of grace is to overcome, so that you do not trample underfoot the victory that Christ Jesus purchased for us, IF we walk according to His Ways, and His Spirit.

Again, the passage reads this way:

How much worse punishment, do you think one will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God, regarded as profane the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

If we insult the Spirit of grace, aren't we disregarding what God said about Grace and what it accomplishes?

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12 It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

We are not to receive messages of "lawlessness", but rather are to walk and practice the "grace" mentioned above:

2 Peter 3:17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear hepatocyte,

I believe the pasages mean exactly what they say.

These passages would also reinforce what God desires:

1 Thess 4:1 Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. 3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Some other passages that seem to correlate with Hebrews 10:26.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

2 Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit," and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

But we can still repent and our sins will be forgiven, right....? :24:

So if we commit the same sin multiple times, are we doomed...? :24:

But we can still repent and our sins will be forgiven, right....? :24:

If you believe that Hebrews 10:26 means that you can lose your salvation, then you must also believe that once you have lost it, you cannot be renewed.