IGNORED

Does the Koran teach violence on non-muslims.

Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Most people don't think of Christianity as an Eastern Religion but the truth of the matter it is. It was born in the dead center of the Middle-East.

Yep, it was. :24:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

People could just as easily say that Christianity is a cult. Big deal.

And people could just as easily say that cosmetology is a religion; this could go on 'til the end of time. It IS a big deal. To a Christian. :thumbsup:

No, they could not. You can't just make up your own definitions.

glory2000, meet Noah Webster.

And were you questioning Iryssa's faith in that last comment? :emot-hug:

I happen to agree with her; it is irrelevant. Who cares if people do say that Christianity is a cult? Exactly what does that change about it?

Sorry to have to disagree but.....I CAN make up my own definitions and so can anyone else who posts here. I have meant Merriam-Webster many times, thank you; patronizing is defined in that book along with a few other words you might be familiar with. You seem to be suffering a great deal of angst about islam's relegation to cult status. Why? Are you muslim? Each poster here is entitled to their opinion; that includes me. Your arguments won't change them. If you don't like or accept my opinions, then move on and don't read them. Islam is a cult for the following reasons: 1. It's doctrines are based on lies. 2. It's founder was a madman (according to history). and 3. islam is the worship of a nonexistent deity. Shall I go on? What do you expect to read on a Christian board? Oh, and let Iryssa speak for herself, if you would be so kind. :emot-hug:

Hey, if you want me to speak for myself, it's kinda rediculous to ask someone else to let me speak for myself...'cause technically, that's speaking for me too. I'm in perfect agreement with what ohnomelon said, so I don't mind him speaking for me there. I was pretty much going to say the same thing anyway.

And no, you can't just make up your own definitions while still maintaining a logical discussion in this language. When definitions start changing from one instant to the next in a debate it creates a logical fallacy. Let's carry on our discussions IN ENGLISH.

Also, a system of beliefs can be BOTH a religion AND a cult...actually, when you think about it, it almost needs to be a religion before it can be a cult.

Hey, if you want me to speak for myself, it's kinda rediculous to ask someone else to let me speak for myself...'cause technically, that's speaking for me too. I'm in perfect agreement with what ohnomelon said, so I don't mind him speaking for me there. I was pretty much going to say the same thing anyway.

And no, you can't just make up your own definitions while still maintaining a logical discussion in this language. When definitions start changing from one instant to the next in a debate it creates a logical fallacy. Let's carry on our discussions IN ENGLISH.

Also, a system of beliefs can be BOTH a religion AND a cult...actually, when you think about it, it almost needs to be a religion before it can be a cult.

Sorry, but you're both wrong; I CAN make my own definitions and have my own opinions. I'm an American and it's my birthright. This is what thinking people do; I don't ask someone else what I think nor do I have to look up words very often. Islam is a cult; the PC 'religion' tag doesn't fit and, if I can deter just one person from it, I will consider it a victory. It's generally not considered good form to begin a narrative with 'hey', btw. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but you're both wrong; I CAN make my own definitions and have my own opinions. I'm an American and it's my birthright. This is what thinking people do; I don't ask someone else what I think nor do I have to look up words very often. Islam is a cult; the PC 'religion' tag doesn't fit and, if I can deter just one person from it, I will consider it a victory. It's generally not considered good form to begin a narrative with 'hey', btw. :thumbsup:

I suppose you CAN, technically make up your own definitions...but you CAN'T do it and have it remain PROPER English. If I started telling you "a bed is a type of lamp post" would you consider that proper English? I sincerely doubt it. You'd probably look at me like I'd gone mad. Languages have rules, and for a language to be properly used and understood those using that language must abide by those rules.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

islam will be judged along with all the other "goats"!

islam will be judged along with all the other "goats"!

Now that's truth if ever I've heard it.

Sorry, but you're both wrong; I CAN make my own definitions and have my own opinions. I'm an American and it's my birthright. This is what thinking people do; I don't ask someone else what I think nor do I have to look up words very often. Islam is a cult; the PC 'religion' tag doesn't fit and, if I can deter just one person from it, I will consider it a victory. It's generally not considered good form to begin a narrative with 'hey', btw. :)

I suppose you CAN, technically make up your own definitions...but you CAN'T do it and have it remain PROPER English. If I started telling you "a bed is a type of lamp post" would you consider that proper English? I sincerely doubt it. You'd probably look at me like I'd gone mad. Languages have rules, and for a language to be properly used and understood those using that language must abide by those rules.

Oh Iryssa, not the old 'proper English' spiel! Come on, you and I both know that "a bed is a type of lamp post" isn't improper English; it's a nonsensical statement, but grammatically correct. :)

Oh Iryssa, not the old 'proper English' spiel! Come on, you and I both know that "a bed is a type of lamp post" isn't improper English; it's a nonsensical statement, but grammatically correct. :)

I'm not talking about the statement itself. I'm talking about passing off "lamp post" as a definition for "bed." Much like defining "cosmetology" as "a religion."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Islam is a cult and you just posted the definitions (#6 is particularly apt). I know it not PC to say this but....it is what it is. :)

I disagree. Like I said, it has many things in common with a religious cult, but I wouldn't classify it as such. Who cares whether it is or not? What does that change? Islam is Islam; its errors and evils should be addressed no matter how it happens to be classified sociologically. Propagating your idea that it's a "cult" for the purpose of convincing others not to treat it seriously boils down to poisoning the well. Religion X's status as a cult has got nothing to do with the veracity of Religion X's doctrines, the ethicality of its practices, or the legitimacy of its message. So why is it such a big deal to you, glory, that Islam be considered a cult?

It's a big deal to me because islam is growing like a cancer, they are murderous uncivilized barbarians that want us all dead, and they seek to dominate the world. Islam's designation as a cult is not an idea that started with me, btw; I'm no wild eyed fanatic and I HAVE read large parts of the Qu'ran. I'd say the mere fact that islam dictates death for any who turn away is a pretty good indicator of it's doctrines. Veracity? None. Ethicality? Zero. Legitimacy? Only if you consider satanic ramblings a 'message'. I'll continue to 'poison the well' as you put it and pray that even one person turns away because of me; all Christians should worry about the increasing number of souls being harvested for satan. :)

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/07/1978

Sorry to have to disagree but.....I CAN make up my own definitions and so can anyone else who posts here.

You are "allowed" to do that, yes. But if everyone made up their own definitions for words, such as religion, you would find it very difficult to communicate your ideas, much less debate them. If instead I wanted the word cult to mean "pillow fight," I would certainly be within my rights as an American citizen, but trying to convince me of your opinion would prove to be quite frustrating because everybody knows Islam is not a pillow fight. :24: You seem to disdain political correctness while embracing a separate aspect of the postmodernist mindset: literary deconstructionism.

I have meant Merriam-Webster many times, thank you; patronizing is defined in that book along with a few other words you might be familiar with.

Don't I have the right to make up my own definition of "patronize?"

You seem to be suffering a great deal of angst about islam's relegation to cult status. Why? Are you muslim?

Methodist actually. lol. And I couldn't care less whether Islam is considered a cult, a religion, or both, as you would know if you had payed any attention at all to my bazillion posts saying so. I have a question for you, glory: do you believe there is such a thing as a "false religion?" and, if so, why do you find it so unsettling that Islam is considered one?

Each poster here is entitled to their opinion; that includes me. Your arguments won't change them. If you don't like or accept my opinions, then move on and don't read them.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinions. But if we are going to debate the issue, then you had better put forth an argument that makes sense to someone other than yourself. You are terribly closed-minded, glory. If our commonsense arguments won't change your mind about something as utterly pointless as the question, "Is Islam a cult or simply a false religion?", then I suspect your mind is incapable of change. *sigh*

Islam is a cult for the following reasons: 1. It's doctrines are based on lies. 2. It's founder was a madman (according to history). and 3. islam is the worship of a nonexistent deity.

You're making up your own definitions again. And who says Muhammad was a madman? He was a brilliant military strategist.

Shall I go on? What do you expect to read on a Christian board? Oh, and let Iryssa speak for herself, if you would be so kind. :24:

She has been speaking for herself. I was investigating what appeared to be a personal attack on her faith coming from you. By claiming that "it is a big deal... to a Christian" that Christianity not be thought of as a cult, it sounded like you were implying that Iryssa must not be a follower of Christ. Is that not what you were inferring?

Edited by ohnomelon