IGNORED

Favorite all-time secular/Christian song?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

There are too many to list in both categories.

One that helps pick me up every now and then in the secular is: Move Along by All-American Rejects

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

"Whiteheart" had a song in the mid-90's called "the River will Flow." To this day I get tears when I listen and reflect on that song.

A couple others of note:

Rich Mullins "Step by Step"

Petra "Creed" (If you haven't heard this one...I highly suggest it)

Michael W Smith "Agnus Dei"

Newsboys "Amazing Love"

All of those songs (and others) have meant more to me as a Christian than ANY library of secular music could possible hope to. I do not listen to secular music...it sickens me.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I haven't listened to much secular music in years but my first thought would be maybe "Why Can't This Be Love" by Van Halen.

Christian.......too many to name but just a few:

New Mercy by Phillips, Craig and Dean

Angus Dei by Michael W. Smith

East to West by Casting Crowns

Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crowns

One Touch by Nicole C. Mullin

and I love Skillet, Red, Kutless, etc.........

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Before I became a Christian, and I was 6, it was All My Ex's LiVE IN TEXAS, YELLOW POLKA DOTTED BEKINI, and ONE EYED ONE HORNED FLYIN PURPLE EATER, and then when I was a teen, it was EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU by Brian Adams

Then, I was hooked when (after being saved) I heard the story behind, How Great Thou Art especially sung by my worship leader/assoc Pastor.

right now, I found some carribean christian music that has a really good vibe. I love music, when it Glorifies God. Kids made fun of me, because I did not stick with one genre of music, and I was all over the board, classical, classical rock, oldies, rap...

Now I get on nerve when I hear the lyrics.of even the oldies I used to love. I mean come on Run around Sue? :emot-wave:

Edited by F8thNJesus

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

There's nothing sinful about secular music and there's nothing wrong with listening to it. I've heard so-called Christian music that had messages that were completely anti-christ and others that slid tiny bits of sin acceptances in a catchy tune you could sing all day, without noticing the sinful message. I always read lyrics of secular music before I approve of the song, I do the same with "Christian".

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

There's nothing sinful about secular music and there's nothing wrong with listening to it. I've heard so-called Christian music that had messages that were completely anti-christ and others that slid tiny bits of sin acceptances in a catchy tune you could sing all day, without noticing the sinful message. I always read lyrics of secular music before I approve of the song, I do the same with "Christian".

Agreed. I haven't found much questionable Christian music, but I have found a great deal of secular songs that are just fine. Some of them could easily pass as Christian music if a Christian band had recorded them.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Cajunboy::::Sorry None, but I have to disagree again with that statement. I was in my early teens when Woodstock came out and I have to say that in that era and some now and even some in the years between, as far as secular music goes, can be very damaging to one who is weak in sin. Especially when the music is centered around drugs, murder and sex! I hope you can see this now that I have pointed us in another direction. But I sometimes have to agree with you in that, when I was very young and you could not understand the lyrics of some songs but perhaps you enjoyed the beat as for dancing in those days, I really don't have a problem with that persae. Because if satan's intent is to tempt someone through the songwriters' words and you trully don't understand what they're saying.....What's that? Now, if someone takes the time to explain it and it brings on temptation......Oh well?

In God's Love

Cajunboy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Cajunboy::::Sorry None, but I have to disagree again with that statement. I was in my early teens when Woodstock came out and I have to say that in that era and some now and even some in the years between, as far as secular music goes, can be very damaging to one who is weak in sin. Especially when the music is centered around drugs, murder and sex! I hope you can see this now that I have pointed us in another direction. But I sometimes have to agree with you in that, when I was very young and you could not understand the lyrics of some songs but perhaps you enjoyed the beat as for dancing in those days, I really don't have a problem with that persae. Because if satan's intent is to tempt someone through the songwriters' words and you trully don't understand what they're saying.....What's that? Now, if someone takes the time to explain it and it brings on temptation......Oh well?

In God's Love

Cajunboy

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Site an example please of these christian musicians that stealthily slip 'sin acceptance' into their catchy tunes. I also don't see how you can justify worldliness in secular music simply because some Christians have erred in their ways. Is lying justifiable because a christian lied once? No. Our mothers taught us two wrongs don't make a right. Worldly music isn't acceptable because you heard a Christian band that was out of tune with scripture once.

I think bands should be judged by the body of their work...not a single lyric that doesn't pass the test. If a christian band makes a statement that is wrong they should be held accountable and corrected...but not thrown under the bus. Likewise, if a secular band writes a song that doesn't glorify the world...that doesn't mean that they still don't represent the world and glorify many ungodly ideals.

Also, could you please give an example of a secular band that glorifies God in their music. If they glorify the world, and not God, then I think there probably is something wrong with listening to it.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

U2