tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm currently reading a book by Henry Blackaby. It's titled, Abraham, Friend of God. It struck me this morning, what an awesome title that is. Aside from Christ and Him being the Son of God. I don't think there was a more noteworthy title given to any other in the Bible, than that one given to Abraham. To be a friend? Of God! How Awesome is that?!!! (Just some stuff I'm contemplating this morning)

Well, a friend is one thing, but to be a "man after God's own heart", as King David was, probably is considered superior. Actually Moses, is probably the most legendary of the OT prophets. He met God face to face and because of the "glory" that he confronted, he had to wear a veil until the glory departed. He was even called "god", or perhaps "the spokesman for God", and the Torah holds more hidden nuggets than most all of the OT books.

Actually the most Christ-like appears to me to be Joseph. Now that was one incredible faithful servant.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Dear Dad,

I guess it was just the idea of God having a friend, that struck me? Doesn't it you? It is just outside of the realm of the thought of reverence that I have for God. It was just a sweet picture to me.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings tsth,

Have you considered that YOU are a friend of God?

John 15:13-15 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Blessings friend,

Dad Ernie

My Goodness! What a blessing of a post DadErnie! I had not thought of myself.

:il:

In His Love,

Suzanne

I happened to "see" this again. NOTE THE "FRIEND" REFERENCE.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Now beginning with the word labour:

This word was unique, as it is not the usual word "labor", that we think of as in "work".  It is used only once in this manner.  It is as follows in the Strongs:

#5389 ambition, goal, to strive

to be fond of honour

to be actuated by love of honour

from a love of honour to strive to bring something to pass

to be ambitious

to strive earnestly, make it one's aim

it is a combination of 2 words, that I find very interestiing:

#5384 + 5092

5384=friend, to be friendly to one, wish him well

a friend

an associate

he who associates familiarly with one, a companion

one of the bridegroom's friends who on his behalf asked the hand of the bride and rendered him various services in closing the marriage and celebrating the nuptials

AND

5092=a valuing by which the price is fixed

of the price itself

of the price paid or received for a person or thing bought or sold

honour which belongs or is shown to one

of the honour which one has by reason of rank and state of office which he holds

deference, reverence

precious

We don't even get past this first word, without a magnificent word picture being laid out.

We see in this labor, that it is born because of a great value, honor and love, for Someone who is Precious to us. Who has paid a price.  And because of this reverence and respect, we in turn, are compelled to "work/strive" have an ambition or goal of some sort?

In His Love,

Suzanne