• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Trying to really study the Greek in Revelation 12:9 {vs. 13, 16 also} re the Dragon cast out of heaven and EXACTLY where he/they were cast {e.g. unto the earth, into the earth, onto-i.e. on the earth or in the earth} and where they/he are/were. Things like that.

Thru all my references [incl the 1550 A.D. Textus Receptus and current Nestle Greek] find the following:

epsilon beta lambda eta theta eta as the actual Greek letters in the text and literally translated "cast out".

However, when I look in the Strong's Concordance, Vines, George Ricker Berry dictionaries find [906]=beta alpha lambda lambda omega ,"ballo" as supposedly the Greek behind this. But it is not. Me-a sort of Greek beginner plus, know something about particles and the aorist tense.

Can anyone help me??? Understand also that [1519]=eis primary preposition into/unto.

Thank you

Agape and peace,

Ron...

Is there another section on worthyboards where this post could be moved to so that someone knowledgeable in New Testament Greek would see it?

Thanks anyone,

Ron...

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Shlomo:

I have asked years ago on this board:"where is the great Red Dragon right now?" during discussions of Revelation. Is Revelation {parts thereof} all fulfilled,currently applicable,still future. Many views. Many. We, USA, may be the Revelation 13:11 Beast one of them. "The" Rapture is next-NO IT IS NOT, next is Peace Treaty, NO IT IS NOT, next is.3rd/4th Temple in Jerusalem, NO NO NO...On and on, "yelling and screaming". Pretrib/posttrib/midtrib/amillennialism/preterist/historist/allegory/Revived Roman Empire/perhaps we are in "little season"...More and more. Chaos and confusion, with edification for The Church of The Jesus Christ hard to see happening.

So-me is hoping "just" to learn enough New Testament Greek {thank you again for your post/Ephesians 5:20) to be less ignorant. Home one day in Our Father's House-John 14:1-3. Maranatha THE Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Pray that we all go there.

Agape and peace,

Ron...