• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Sorry. I can't muster up any sympathy. She knew she was breaking the law when she came here. She had already been deported once. If she doesn't want to be separated from her son, she can take him back with her. That's just one of the consequences of breaking the law. She's doing it to him, not us. It's so annoying when the media tries to put the blame for the consequenses of their actions on us, not them.

I would rather pay more for produce that is picked by legal residents.

I notice that, as usual, the press is a willing accomplice in this. We see this and the pity party all over the news, but how much have you seen, in the proper light, about all the illegals who commit atrocious crimes? Does anyone even know how many there have been? At least 6, that we know about. Where is the outrage?

Sanctuary cities????? And people can still defend them????

IS THIS COUNTRY ON CRACK????!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

A mother that commits a crime, is convicted and sentenced to serve time in jail, is treated no different than this woman. The child still ends up without a mother. Fortunately for the woman in this case, she was given the option to bring her son with her. How many convicted mothers are given the option of letting their children go to prison with them?

Sorry, your argument is purely emotional and leaves out the logic behind the issue. I would much rather be exiled than imprisoned. You should be proud of the compassion the law showed this woman, instead of locking her up in prison where she belongs, she was sent away. B-T-W, she chose to leave her son here, so how is that cruel and thoughtless on our part?

Do you the see faulty logic behind your post now? Or are you still letting your emotions think for you?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/07/1959

My emotions don't think for me - the heart of God thinks for me.

Well, the heart of God doesn't like law-breaking either, especially with an uppity attitude along with it.

Here's another link, by Michael Reagan.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Michael...ur_kid_with_you

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Maybe you should refresh your understanding of the "heart of God" and reread Romans.

2 questions:

Should I re-read Romans in it's true context or what man has made it?

If you could personally stand before this women, would you continue to condemn her or would you be able to look at her through the eyes of Christ and minister to her in love?

I don't condone breaking the law, I've already said that, but when someone "breaks the law," whether it be man's law or God's law, does that give me the right to judge them?

Maybe I'm not a bible scholar such as yourself, I've only been at this a few years, but I like who I am. I like my heart. God made me the way I am inside and no one can ever take that away from me or make me feel bad because I am compassionate.

I'm sure you're compassionate also but do we pick and choose what we're compassionate about?

If people really need someone to bash, then we should turn our anger toward these people toward the government.

There are approximately 12 million "illegal immigrants" in the United States. I'm sure they didn't just appear overnight.

Has our U.S. government become "goody two-shoes" all of a sudden?

Don't think for one minute that the government hasn't been cashing in on these "illegals" -for many years but we do have to keep up appearances don't we?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

2 questions:

Should I re-read Romans in it's true context or what man has made it?

If you could personally stand before this women, would you continue to condemn her or would you be able to look at her through the eyes of Christ and minister to her in love?

I don't condone breaking the law, I've already said that, but when someone "breaks the law," whether it be man's law or God's law, does that give me the right to judge them?

Maybe I'm not a bible scholar such as yourself, I've only been at this a few years, but I like who I am. I like my heart. God made me the way I am inside and no one can ever take that away from me or make me feel bad because I am compassionate.

I'm sure you're compassionate also but do we pick and choose what we're compassionate about?

If people really need someone to bash, then we should turn our anger toward these people toward the government.

There are approximately 12 million "illegal immigrants" in the United States. I'm sure they didn't just appear overnight.

Don't think for one minute that the government hasn't been cashing in on these "illegals" -for many years but we do have to keep up appearances don't we?

Yep ,but the government being involved in letting this happen still makes it a 2 part deal, and 2 wrongs still don't make a right.

That doesn't mean letting her break the law.

It gives me the right to say she broke the law, and act accordingly.

Are we to pick and choose which laws we allow people to break, and reward them for breaking?

We should, and we have, and we should continue to do so. Why do you think the amnesty bill went down in such flames? But we shouldn't allow law breaking in the meantime either, just because we've done it up to now. With that kind of reasoning, we'd never enforce the law.

Our government has been absolutely appallingly remiss in this, but that doesn't mean we should let it go on.

See my above answer and Scarlet's answer.

To my brothers and sisters at Worthy,

Please understand it was never my intention to get into any sort of debate, disagreement, or argument with any of you over this woman.

I am led by my heart, always have been, even as a child.

I could never pass up a stray animal. My heart would break to think that it didn't have a home and I suppose I'm still drawn to strays, so to speak.

I can't change who I am inside and I don't want to. I like who I am.

I don't apologize for my stand on this subject, but I do apologize to all of you for coming across the way I did. It wasn't Christ like and I'm sorry.

There's enough division in the body of Christ as it is and I won't allow the enemy to use this as a means to bring more division.

Blessings upon you all. -Jackie :)