kat8585

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

It has nothing to do with compassion. It has to do with expecting people to abide by the law. As I stated earlier, I would support a guest worker program to allow Mexicans to feed their families, provided they enter this country legally, but I do not support a "pathway to citizenship" for nearly 12 million people. Many of these people are still loyal to Mexico, and are only here of necessity. Many don't speak English and don't desire to learn. Many don't have any desire to assimilate, but wish to hold to their own culture, rather than the American way of life.

I am fine with allowing a limited number of people to become citizens, so long as we give equal treatment to people from all over the globe, not just Mexicans, and that these people wish to become Americans, rather than being loyal to another nation, but simply having to be here because they have no other choice. No amount of sob stories will change my mind on this.

I personally am all for enforcing the law. I don't even care that this lady was deported. I do care that she was forced to decide to abandon her son so that he could have a better life than she could provide in Mexico. Quite honestly, I'd support whatever laws our gov't decided to enforce on illegal immigration. That doesn't mean that I don't care about people. There are some people on this topic that are callous and cold-hearted on this issue...and I find that sad.

All I asked was if their was any room for compassion. I have received a resounding "NO!" from the good christians here at Worthy so far.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Quite honestly, I'd support whatever laws our gov't decided to enforce on illegal immigration. That doesn't mean that I don't care about people.

I feel the same way. But I'm sure I'm one of those you consider callous and cold-hearted, because I want the law upheld.

I feel the same way. But I'm sure I'm one of those you consider callous and cold-hearted, because I want the law upheld.

I'm sure you are a lovely person...and I would never want to offend you. On this topic though, you seem to be a bit harsh, you always have when we've discussed this.

When I say that some are callous or cold-hearted its because of the things you say. Just a couple days ago you said "Sorry. I can't muster up any sympathy." Thats kinda cold to me. Yeah, the lady did wrong and she got what she had coming...but to just coldly disallow any sympathy for her, or her situation, seems a bit rough for me.

Don't get me wrong...I am not unhappy that she was deported. She received far more support and opportunity than many other illegals...she had to go. I can still muster some sympathy.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I went back and re-read my post (post # 11), and I stand by everything I said. I still can't muster up any sympathy. She knew exactly what she was doing, and what the possible consequences would be. If she would humbly take her lumps, it wouldn't be quite so bad, but now she has the gall to cop an attitude that she should get special treatment, like so many of them do.

And what's up with the pastor aiding and abetting? Should he not be prosecuted, or should we set an example of being soft on people who help people break our laws, so no one will take them seriously?

If I break the law, I get whatever penalty I get, I don't have the gall to stand there and have a news conference and say I shouldn't get punished, or if I did, I would be laughed out of town before going to jail, and rightly so. Why should it be different for illegals?

If we don't take a tough stand on this, all the time, we will lose this battle. It's kind of like the tough love you show your kids.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I feel sorry for any one in dire straights,

The senior citizen that has to decided on medications or food

The high school graduate that deserves but can't go to a top college because they can't get a scholarship or the loans for it

The single mother sitting at home with a sick child that needs to go to the hospital but she can't afford it

The families on minimum wage trying to stretch their food dollars until the next pay check

Those dealing with a CEO, stealing their retirement, that they worked for and now have nothing to show for their 30 years

The family living in a run down tenement worrying about drive-byes and drug dealers without enough money to move

The senior that no longer has a job, on a fixed income, but still having to pay income tax & property tax

Anyone trying to figure out how to pay for their driver license, tags and insurance to obey the law to drive

The father that juggles bills and works himself into an early grave trying to care for his family without govt help

When our government cares more about its own citizens born/legal than it does about people who keep breaking the law because somehow we owe them, I'll try to scratch up alittle more compassion for those illegals, right now I can't. I'm more worried about the ones the government does owe something too.

I understand what your saying Axx, but our own people should come first! There are plenty of them whose life style, living conditions aren't really any thing close to the American dream. And before anybody says how the conditions in Mexico are worse than here, go to Appalachian Mts, or Dodge City in Nashville.......hungry is hungry.

All I asked was if their was any room for compassion. I have received a resounding "NO!" from the good christians here at Worthy so far.

I too am for the law being enforced. I also have been a guest worker in another country.

I've lived and worked in Germany both in the military and as a civilian. As a civilian I had to go through a process, get my work visa and other paperwork and after that all went well. I was a "guest worker" under German law, and I was careful to obey the laws. I had to improve my knowledge of the German language, and the official language in Germany is German. It's the law. If I wanted to do business there, I had to learn the language. It was the same for all the other countries I went to while in the military, including several in Central and South America. I had to learn their language because I was a guest in their country. I don't think it should be different here.

There's a difference between showing compassion to someone in need and the immigration issue, I think.

How am I supposed to show compassion to someone who is in my country illegally, and therefore have broken the law? One of the things Paul admonished us to do was to obey the law (so long as it doesn't violate God's law.) I'm curious how you would show compassion when it comes to the illegal immigration issue.

I too am for the law being enforced. I also have been a guest worker in another country.

I've lived and worked in Germany both in the military and as a civilian. As a civilian I had to go through a process, get my work visa and other paperwork and after that all went well. I was a "guest worker" under German law, and I was careful to obey the laws. I had to improve my knowledge of the German language, and the official language in Germany is German. It's the law. If I wanted to do business there, I had to learn the language. It was the same for all the other countries I went to while in the military, including several in Central and South America. I had to learn their language because I was a guest in their country. I don't think it should be different here.

There's a difference between showing compassion to someone in need and the immigration issue, I think.

How am I supposed to show compassion to someone who is in my country illegally, and therefore have broken the law? One of the things Paul admonished us to do was to obey the law (so long as it doesn't violate God's law.) I'm curious how you would show compassion when it comes to the illegal immigration issue.

Hey...here's a post I can get along with. I too am familiar with Germany...from a military and civilian point of view. I would have NO PROBLEM with America being as strict as Germany on these issues.

I think you hit the nail on the head...there is a difference between having compassion and the immigration issue. I can have compassion AND want the laws of my country enforced. Unfortunately, it seems that some people can't...and that is sad to me. I have NEVER once in this thread said that the gov't was wrong in deporting this woman. I never said that I support illegals entering the country. I am on the same page (for the most part) with everyone on this topic in regards to illegal immigration. I even said that I think the pastor of the church who harbored her should be in trouble. And yet I am still given the 'sympathy is for liberals' treatment.

How do I show compassion? Well, for starters, I am not cruel to them. I don't call them "leeches" and compare them all to murderous drug dealers and thieves. I don't belittle their plight, or toss out baseless accusations. I pray for them. I live in a border town and my church has active ministries in Mexico...We drive down often to assist families and churches in need. I have has multiple experiences in Mexico ministry.

Unlike many people, I get to deal with illegals on a daily basis in my job. Some of them are scum, it would be a lie to say otherwise. However, a fair number of them are kind, decent people who simply want something better. Maybe thats why I have a bit of compassion, more than others. Even writing this now it dawns on me how close I really am to this topic.

Hey...here's a post I can get along with. I too am familiar with Germany...from a military and civilian point of view. I would have NO PROBLEM with America being as strict as Germany on these issues.

I think you hit the nail on the head...there is a difference between having compassion and the immigration issue. I can have compassion AND want the laws of my country enforced. Unfortunately, it seems that some people can't...and that is sad to me. I have NEVER once in this thread said that the gov't was wrong in deporting this woman. I never said that I support illegals entering the country. I am on the same page (for the most part) with everyone on this topic in regards to illegal immigration. I even said that I think the pastor of the church who harbored her should be in trouble. And yet I am still given the 'sympathy is for liberals' treatment.

How do I show compassion? Well, for starters, I am not cruel to them. I don't call them "leeches" and compare them all to murderous drug dealers and thieves. I don't belittle their plight, or toss out baseless accusations. I pray for them. I live in a border town and my church has active ministries in Mexico...We drive down often to assist families and churches in need. I have has multiple experiences in Mexico ministry.

Unlike many people, I get to deal with illegals on a daily basis in my job. Some of them are scum, it would be a lie to say otherwise. However, a fair number of them are kind, decent people who simply want something better. Maybe thats why I have a bit of compassion, more than others. Even writing this now it dawns on me how close I really am to this topic.

I live in Phoenix, Az. We were selected to be a "sanctuary city" for illegals (the jerk that came up with that should be tested for drug use.) You're right, many of the illegals come here because they are trying to have a better life and there are some that are just criminals. I still want the laws enforced.

There is an article about a new law in Oklahoma that's causing a lot of them to leave that part of the country, and I think that's a good start. We won't have to pay to send them back if the go on their own, and that's the whole point. Have a legal way for these people to get work, pay taxes, and all the rest. Then they can't be exploited like they are now when they're illegal. I've seen people pay these guys less than minimum wage and say "well, he's illegal, he can't call DES!"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

"How do I show compassion? Well, for starters, I am not cruel to them. I don't call them "leeches" and compare them all to murderous drug dealers and thieves. I don't belittle their plight, or toss out baseless accusations. I pray for them. I live in a border town and my church has active ministries in Mexico...We drive down often to assist families and churches in need. I have has multiple experiences in Mexico ministry."

Thank you for this, Axxman. From your other posts, I thought you were the typical heartless, gun-waving, immigrant-bashing, environment-hating, jingoistic fundie Christian.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

"How do I show compassion? Well, for starters, I am not cruel to them. I don't call them "leeches" and compare them all to murderous drug dealers and thieves. I don't belittle their plight, or toss out baseless accusations. I pray for them. I live in a border town and my church has active ministries in Mexico...We drive down often to assist families and churches in need. I have has multiple experiences in Mexico ministry."

Thank you for this, Axxman. From your other posts, I thought you were the typical heartless, gun-waving, immigrant-bashing, environment-hating, jingoistic fundie Christian.

Well, when I remove all the adjectives, what you are really saying is. . .

quote hepatocyte: "From your other posts, I thought you were the typical heartless Christian."

Now, was that the intent of your post, to say all Christians are heartless?

Why do we (heartless Christians) have a problem with illegal aliens?

1. Most of them do not assimilate into our society, so we can't trust them to be loyal to our country, or to act in our (the U.S.) best interests.

2. Illegal immigrants are exploited for profit. They are paid an unfairly lower amount of money to do the same work normal Americans are supposed to do. This creates a lower class, slave/share cropper market.

3. Illegal immigrant education standards and literacy are far lower than that of the U.S. So, we are importing unskilled, uneducated slave laborers. One of the purposes of a country/society is to improve itself and become more efficient with it's finite resources.

4. No illegal immigrants pay state or federal taxes. They receive services they don't pay for. It's akin to stealing cable from your neighbor and letting him continue to pay for a service that you both enjoy. Or siphoning electricty off his neighbor's home so he doesn't have to pay an electric bill. It isn't fair and is indecent and criminal.

5. Health services: Our medical facilitys' resources are limited. Limited in employees, supplies and capacity. We are overworking our staff, overusing our supplies and overloading our hospitals and clinics. In essence, our medical services become less and less efficient and those that have paid for those services, with a reasonable expectation of needing the use of them are not getting what they are paying for. If you have an employee that doesn't work as efficiently as another one, you don't usually keep him on the payroll, you find someone else, so you can get more for your money. That is life, even squirrels know the importance of using resources wisely. An animal that doesn't properly prepare for the winter usually starves to death. Medical Services can be equated to that, because proper medical care, can mean the difference between life and death.

6. In a utopic, perfect, dream world, everyone loves each other, and works together to help each other out, we each benefit from each other and all work together for a common goal. Unfortunately, there's islamic fanatics that want to kill us, destroy and oppress our society and are looking for every vulnerability they can find. One of those is our border. Thousands of miles of open range are the only thing keeping the terrorists from Oklahoma City, Los Angeles, New York City, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Nashville Tennessee, in other words our border is the only protection our country has from preventing people from invading our country and harming it. When we hear that as many as 12 million people crossed our border illegally, alarms go off in a reasonable person's head that say, of that 12 million people, not even 1 percent of them is needed to kill millions of Americans and hey, I just might be one of them. It isn't just islamic fanatics either. It's drug dealers, sex traders, spies, all enemies of our great nation and our rule of law.

Tell me how important our open borders compassion will be when Las Angeles ceases to exist as a city, or Atlanta, or Cleveland or Chicago or Houston? You open borders crowd, what kind of solace can you provide to a grieving wife, husband, child, parent, mother, father, etc. when your compassion just cost the life of their loved one?

There's 300 million Americans here. Every single one of them invest money into a society, government that they expect will benefit them and make the nation more prosperous. We are moving backwards. We are regressing, our education and health standards are being lowered. Our law enforcement is being overwhelmed. You know, our military doesn't even make up 1 percent of our population, and you wonder why our enemies have decided to make their move.