• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1981

Just for discussion. I am not a LDS and I go to church on a Sunday. I do not judge the LDS because they keep the Sabbath (Saturday) and they do it as described in the OT; no working, cooking etc. The question I ask is "is my salvation questioned because I do not keep the Sabbath as described in the OT?" I work on Saturdays and I feel in my heart that God blessed me with this job. I pay my 10% tithes and He blesses me even more. Paul did say that 'One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. (Rom 14:5). He also said 'Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ'.(Col 2:16-17).

I would just like to know others' point of view because truly feel that I have a place on the Book of Life even though I do not keep the Sabbath on a Saturday.

Just for discussion. I am not a LDS and I go to church on a Sunday. I do not judge the LDS because they keep the Sabbath (Saturday) and they do it as described in the OT; no working, cooking etc.

I didn't realize Mormons did that?

The question I ask is "is my salvation questioned because I do not keep the Sabbath as described in the OT?"

No. Why would you think that?

I work on Saturdays and I feel in my heart that God blessed me with this job.

good for you

I pay my 10% tithes and He blesses me even more.

That is also "OT Law" so why are you doing that?

Paul did say that 'One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. (Rom 14:5).

He said that to people who observed Shabbat

He also said 'Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ'.(Col 2:16-17).

He said that to people who observed Shabbat

I would just like to know others' point of view because truly feel that I have a place on the Book of Life even though I do not keep the Sabbath on a Saturday.

There is no condemnation for those who are in Messiah Yeshua and walk according to the Spirit! I have had to work on Saturdays many times and even dropped out for a couple of football seasons when my sons were playing. It's not a matter of legality but a special time of appointment with God.

Is "salvation" the only purpose of being born again? I started observing Shabbat because God commanded it and found that "we" don't keep Shabbat, it keeps us. That is how the jewish people have survived and maintained themselves as a unique people on the earth for about 5,000 years. Entering the Shabbat is an ancient connection to the Creator through His creation. We have the Messiah as our connection to the Father now, yet that doesn't negate the fact that He is still the Creator of the world, does it?

I do find it strange how one's personal "salvation" is all that is considered by christians when choosing whether to obey God's will on this or not.

But there is no condemnation either way...we are fully brother/sister in Yeshua

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

We currently have a pretty lengthy discussion going in this very forum regarding this topic.

Here is a link

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=52051

I am going to close this one in favor of that one