• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I think Godman's pet peeve has been uncovered! If you are gonna lock the thread do it now and be done with it!  :laugh:

I don't have any pet peeves. I had a pet dog once, and I've had some aquarium fish (In an aquarium, of course) - if you consider those pets, that is - and I curretnly have a pet cockatiel named "Lilly." But I have no pet peeves. :laugh:

However, my ire does get up when you talk bad about my country (posting links to bleeding flags, American soldiers being accused of killing babies, etc. etc.) - especially when you are not from my country, and probably have very little clue of what patriotism is all about. Have a great day! :oww:

Hey bro...no pet horses? :t2:

I'm with ya' 100% ... as long as you ain't got no horses. You know, guilt by association. I don't want to get hung!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just wanted to stick this here as one uninformed person said the US only used 5 million in imported oil a day when in reality it

Guest idolsmasher
However, my ire does get up when you talk bad about my country

Sounds like a pet peeve to me! :cool:

posting links to bleeding flags

So you're the culprit that deleted my post eh! :suspect:

If you got your eyes mainly on the bloody flag you missed the point. All those things Bush and his administration said about WMDs were the primary justification for the war, and in their own words they clearly stated that. Now we know the threat didn't exist and yet thousands of people, including Americans, have had their lives snuffed out or limbs and lives maimed because of the global aims of an out of control American administration.

American soldiers being accused of killing babies

That wasn't my line, never said it and never said I agreed with it either. What I did say is what UNICEF has said about the sanctions, 500,000 preventable deaths of children directly linked to sanctions and something like a million and a half total deaths attributed to sanctions. Add in the two wars and the ongoing conflict and it's pretty close to 2 million.

I've heard that Canada uses more oil than any other country.

On an overall basis no, that would probably be the US, but on a per capita basis it could be, but we also have one of the world's largest oil reserves in the world in the "tar sands" of Alberta and one of the coldest climates on earth. If Canada were going to war over oil I could see your point but....??? I think what you're trying to say is that America is taking the lead to secure the oil supply but there's nothing to suggest that buying it wouldn't do the trick instead of invading other countries and taking it by bloodshed and force.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I see we are still beating that old dead horse still.. Let it rest please. The nag is dead. (refering to the WMDS and WAR and stealing oil etc.) Let my country alone already ok Idol? Please? :suspect: :hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

However, my ire does get up when you talk bad about my country

Sounds like a pet peeve to me! :P

posting links to bleeding flags

So you're the culprit that deleted my post eh! :suspect:

If you got your eyes mainly on the bloody flag you missed the point. All those things Bush and his administration said about WMDs were the primary justification for the war, and in their own words they clearly stated that. Now we know the threat didn't exist and yet thousands of people, including Americans, have had their lives snuffed out or limbs and lives maimed because of the global aims of an out of control American administration.

American soldiers being accused of killing babies

That wasn't my line, never said it and never said I agreed with it either. What I did say is what UNICEF has said about the sanctions, 500,000 preventable deaths of children directly linked to sanctions and something like a million and a half total deaths attributed to sanctions. Add in the two wars and the ongoing conflict and it's pretty close to 2 million.

On an overall basis no, that would probably be the US, but on a per capita basis it could be, but we also have one of the world's largest oil reserves in the world in the "tar sands" of Alberta and one of the coldest climates on earth. If Canada were going to war over oil I could see your point but....??? I think what you're trying to say is that America is taking the lead to secure the oil supply but there's nothing to suggest that buying it wouldn't do the trick instead of invading other countries and taking it by bloodshed and force.

First, no pet peeves at all. Call it what you like, however, I happen to love my country, and have a problem when someone continually drags it through the dirt. Done.

Second, your "statements of fact" regarding the video have no merit. Please refer to my prior response concerning the truth and facts. There are not, as of yet, and documented facts that the Bush administration lied about anything. Yes, I removed your post. Not because of the little sound bites that "supposedly" document lies told by the Bush administration, but because of the tasteless display of a defaced American flag. Despite my personal offense at the display, in keeping with the spirit and intent of Worthy, I felt it appropriate to remove the post.

Done.

...and done.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nope, not what I was saying or meaning at all.

:whistle:

Conspiracy theorists - gotta love 'em!

:P

Hmmm. . . Canada has the largest oil reserve in the world you say?

:alien:

Peace!

Guest shiloh357

The largest oil deposit in the earth was found by British Oil underneath the Gulf of Mexico. The problem is getting to it with the drills. Its location is apparently difficult for our current technology to access.

Guest idolsmasher
Nope, not what I was saying or meaning at all

Splain please, I ain't that telepathic yet.

Hmmm. . . Canada has the largest oil reserve in the world you say?

Yeah, but it's in the ground in Alberta, and it's ONE of the largest, comparable to Saudi Arabia or Iraq apparently.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Looks like there is more oil in Canada than all of the Middle East, imagine that.

From the Alberta Energy Department

Canada has the world's largest single deposit of oil containing an estimated 1.6 trillion barrels of bitumen

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I wonder how you would feel if Canada was attacked, 'Smash. :b:

I'd be there for you too, my Brother.

t.