IGNORED

Do your friends and family see a "change" in you since you&#

MeCajunboy

I've become a VERY different person since meeting Jesus!

I can honestly say I was so useless while on drugs, I got tossed out of a drug house. Best thing that could happen, since I met Christ after that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes! And it was very hard at first, because I live in the south where everybody "believes" in Jesus. So when I made decisions for myself and my family based on the Lord's convictions, I had many family members, and friends say well "I'm a christian, but I don't feel I have to do so in so." I was made fun of a lot, but it has ebbed,and now I have family members call the once rebellious teen to pray or offer advice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Yes! And it was very hard at first, because I live in the south where everybody "believes" in Jesus. So when I made decisions for myself and my family based on the Lord's convictions, I had many family members, and friends say well "I'm a christian, but I don't feel I have to do so in so." I was made fun of a lot, but it has ebbed,and now I have family members call the once rebellious teen to pray or offer advice.

Thanks for the input F8th, I too live down south in "Cajunland" But since I've pretty much been the same way, attitudude and peraonality since youth no one had any adjustments to make with me; nor me with them. Just wondering what it's like when you're a bit older to have to make the transition, even though it's always worth the while, it must have seem futile for a bit?

Just wondering what it's like when you're a bit older to have to make the transition, even though it's always worth the while, it must have seem futile for a bit?

When you are older, and become a christian, you realize, or at least I did, that there were so many life choices that I had been making that were wrong. I could no longer make decisions based on how I felt, but rather on what God's word and spirit said. I mean hey I was raised in the prejudiced south,and I was congratulated when I won a fight in school. Then I had to defend why I didnt slam on breaks because the guy behind me was following to closely, or why I was compleyely comfortable going to an interacial church and I would not condemn my children if they married a black person. The toughest thing was my relationship with my husband. It caused a lot of rifts when I decided that I wanted nothing to do with drugs anymore.My mom would cuss me out when I didn't entertain gossiping conversations anymore.

Yeah the enemy tried to come in and say why are you doing this, you might lose your mother, brother, and husband? But thankfully the seed that was sown, was sown in good receptive soil! And I just said Jesus is my husband, satan get behind me in the name of Jesus!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Do you or your loved ones notice a change for the good in you since you've been saved, or do you find you go back and forth into slumps? Do you stand your ground as a Christian when your gathering of friends at work or elsewhere, begin to gossip about a co-worker, or knock someone that you might particularly like? Do you speak up for them or do you just sit back and let others degrade your friends.

I have had my family comment on the change in my life...I am far from where I used to be, but I still have a long way to go...but my life is in God's hands...I strive each day to bring glory to God...

Do you or your loved ones notice a change for the good in you since you've been saved, or do you find you go back and forth into slumps? Do you stand your ground as a Christian when your gathering of friends at work or elsewhere, begin to gossip about a co-worker, or knock someone that you might particularly like? Do you speak up for them or do you just sit back and let others degrade your friends.

I have had my family comment on the change in my life...I am far from where I used to be, but I still have a long way to go...but my life is in God's hands...I strive each day to bring glory to God...

Thats's a wonderful testamony Redeemed, And know that you have the remainder of you days on earth to shine bright for God!

Just wondering what it's like when you're a bit older to have to make the transition, even though it's always worth the while, it must have seem futile for a bit?

When you are older, and become a christian, you realize, or at least I did, that there were so many life choices that I had been making that were wrong. I could no longer make decisions based on how I felt, but rather on what God's word and spirit said. I mean hey I was raised in the prejudiced south,and I was congratulated when I won a fight in school. Then I had to defend why I didnt slam on breaks because the guy behind me was following to closely, or why I was compleyely comfortable going to an interacial church and I would not condemn my children if they married a black person. The toughest thing was my relationship with my husband. It caused a lot of rifts when I decided that I wanted nothing to do with drugs anymore.My mom would cuss me out when I didn't entertain gossiping conversations anymore.

Yeah the enemy tried to come in and say why are you doing this, you might lose your mother, brother, and husband? But thankfully the seed that was sown, was sown in good receptive soil! And I just said Jesus is my husband, satan get behind me in the name of Jesus!

I'd say you've done God awefully proud from a little southern girl where sin is there to greet you in every corner of your life! You need to be proud and hold your head up HIGH for Jesus. Even that you had to stand your ground with you mom and hubby. I do hope you've reconciled with the hubby, but if he still didn't respect you for your beliefs in God, chances are he wouldn't respect you for yourself and your own mind!

Prayers

Cajun

Yes Cajun.

My husband now says, "I don't hate you, I just hate your ways You always want to do good for somebody, You're always defending somebody that doesn't deserve defending. we can't just go out and have fun anymore. "

SO I told him I coudl go find a pole dancer that loved to party, and didn't care what kind of morals his kids had, and she could take my place.

Now when he knows of somebody in need, he will tell me to pray. He wants to hate "MY ways" but they are the very thing that kept this family together. I would have voted Lorraina Bobbitt President before I was saved, so to see us still together, is a testimoney of God's HOly Spirit whooing hearts.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Yes Cajun.

My husband now says, "I don't hate you, I just hate your ways You always want to do good for somebody, You're always defending somebody that doesn't deserve defending. we can't just go out and have fun anymore. "

SO I told him I coudl go find a pole dancer that loved to party, and didn't care what kind of morals his kids had, and she could take my place.

Now when he knows of somebody in need, he will tell me to pray. He wants to hate "MY ways" but they are the very thing that kept this family together. I would have voted Lorraina Bobbitt President before I was saved, so to see us still together, is a testimoney of God's HOly Spirit whooing hearts.

yes.. if they did not see a change I would most definitly question my walk and salvation, not only my family but friends as well...Lost some friends..others got saved.. Some cannot believe I am still alive.... :th_praying:

yes.. if they did not see a change I would most definitly question my walk and salvation, not only my family but friends as well...Lost some friends..others got saved.. Some cannot believe I am still alive.... :th_praying:

It's amazing when I think of all the things I've been involved in before I got saved. When I think of the times either myself or others could have been either hurt or killed............ God is good!