Heretical Christianity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

I am thinking that the most dangerous place for a believer to be on a Sunday morning is not the golf course or Wal Mart, but church--the wrong church.

Scary but so true.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i can't understand how any church that preaches the gospel message could be considered heretical. just as Marnie said - "We have the promise that where two or three are gathered, Christ is in their midst. There's no qualifier; it's a statement of fact."

to me, as regards the OP, this promotes a lack of unity. in the nt, God has clearly told us that unity is one of his most important considerations. i could go on and on about planting the seed and God reaping the harvest but i think you get where i'm coming from.

plus i have to take into account that we do not witness to every person we come into contact with the same way so why should every church present the Gospel the same way, as long as it is being presented.

anyway, i'm trying not to be argumentative; if i'm wrong about one of these statements, i welcome you to show me how i am wrong.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Interesting statement. I would say this, though, feelings and discernment are two wildly different things. If we are believers, G-d's presence is with us continually, 24/7, whether we "feel Him" or not. We have the promise that where two or three are gathered, Christ is in their midst. There's no qualifier; it's a statement of fact. If you can't "feel" the presence of G-d, the problem is with you, not with Him. However, what you said about churches to day is :blink: . I am thinking that the most dangerous place for a believer to be on a Sunday morning is not the golf course or Wal Mart, but church--the wrong church.

Oh I realise that it's not all about feelings and stuff, believe me I'm very.. "down the line" you could say (for lack of better words!) about churches just being about emotions and tingly feelings because it plays people and they don't really grow and learn then. I just mean, when I'm in church, I just know God is there - it's not exactly a "feeling" as such in the way emotions are, but just a.. knowing. I dunno, can't really explain it. If you understand what I'm trying to get across hopefully you will understand what I originally meant?

Anyway. :24:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

15. Is the service no more than 71 minutes?

1)God deserves a lot more time than 71 minutes a week.

2)This point really depends on each member and the amount of time they spend with God during the week besides this 71 +/- minutes.

3)If the Holy Spirit was the one speaking during the sermons, the audience would know it.

It would be delicious food to them and they wouldn't be hasty to leave the table.

The music points were understandable. Some people will avoid churches just because they hated the music. It's all a taste preference. If you hate music like say, country, and the Christian music playing there sounded too much like country for your taste, I can see how years and years of this torture would accumulate from annoyed to utter bitterness and possibly even self-inflicted deafness.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

15. Is the service no more than 71 minutes?

1)God deserves a lot more time than 71 minutes a week.

I guess this guy has never been to an African church service! I was at one once that lasted 3 hours! It was amazing though and you don't even notice the time.. felt like I'd only been there an hour! So good :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My pastor makes a joke all the time.

"If someone asks you what church you go to, tell them they don't want to come, and that they won't like it. Let the Lord bring people here that he wants here. Don't tell em what the spirit is doing othewise they will mess it up." :wub:

He says if we were told that Jesus would be at a certain place at a certain time, we wouldn't go and tell everybody, but rather we would want him to ourselves!

So to all of those that agree that the service should only be 71 minutes, you can go ahead and mark my church off your list, and remeber this..........

That list might just be protecting the real flock from those of you that think you can put God and His Church in a box full of bullet points.

*ever thought of this? "God where would you have me go this morning?"

the only reason i committed to continue going to my church now of 5 years, was because my husband said that is where we would go. He wasn't even a believer. Now we had to look for a new church because our old one had broken up. It was my first church since i had become a christian, and I wanted something exactly like it. All of which could pass the above test very well. Now this new church hardly had anyone on stage for the worship service, and they were all old Hymns. I thought boring. I knew the people were christians, but they did not have the zeal of my previous church. I was not moved, and I really didn't get those God is Here feelings. It did feel like a safe place toworship but not something that wooed me. Well I soon discovered a lot of the people that were on the worship team were on a mission trip, and that hymns were not the only thing that was played in worship. And the presence of God in the body of believers there is very powerful. The Lord was teaching me submission , and obediance . I had to resign myself to be content with where my husband wanted to worship, and know no matter what kind of worship format there was, that worship came from the heart of the believer, and no matter what kind of genre, it could be expressed through the true believer.

Edited by F8thNJesus

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

My pastor makes a joke all the time.

"If someone asks you what church you go to, tell them they don't want to come, and that they won't like it. Let the Lord bring people here that he wants here. Don't tell em what the spirit is doing othewise they will mess it up." :thumbsup:

He says if we were told that Jesus would be at a certain place at a certain time, we wouldn't go and tell everybody, but rather we would want him to ourselves!

So to all of those that agree that the service should only be 71 minutes, you can go ahead and mark my church off your list, and remeber this..........

That list might just be protecting the real flock from those of you that think you can put God and His Church in a box full of bullet points.

Boy oh Boy...If one looks at a church as a house falling apart this is true in many places and I am not discussing the building. If i ever disagreed with any pastor on anything ..I GO TO THEM!!! And I most certainly have. Otherwise I would ask about what is said withut mentioning a name unless it is to give edifying words.

If one cannot go and ask for a explanation face to face and complains , mumurs they add to the beams which need mending...

There is enough people complaining and not doing much about anything...

I will not answer this post point by point unless I can talk to the pastor about it...

If one sees something wrong get on your knees please. I am sorry I may sound harsh but I do get angry over accusations I cannot disprove or approve. patricia1 :wub:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I don't like going to churches but the one my family has been going to is pretty good. The music is way too loud for me is the only complaint I have.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God judges the heart. Let God be this Pastor's judge!