• Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

**How long does it take for canyons to form?**

Texas set to open new canyon to public

By MICHELLE ROBERTS,

Associated Press Writer

Fri Oct 5, 10:21 PM ET

CANYON LAKE, Texas - Geologic time has a different meaning when it comes to Canyon Lake Gorge. You could say it dates to around the end of the Enron era.

A torrent of water from an overflowing lake sliced open the earth in 2002, exposing rock formations, fossils and even dinosaur footprints in just three days. Since then, the canyon has been accessible only to researchers to protect it from vandals, but on Saturday it opens to its first public tour.

"It exposed these rocks so quickly and it dug so deeply, there wasn't a blade of grass or a layer of algae," said Bill Ward, a retired geology professor from the University of New Orleans who started cataloging the gorge almost immediately after the flood.

The mile-and-a-half-long gorge, up to 80 feet deep, was dug out from what had been a nondescript valley covered in mesquite and oak trees. It sits behind a spillway built as a safety valve for Canyon Lake, a popular recreation spot in the Texas Hill Country between San Antonio and Austin.

Full article here

**How long does it take for canyons to form?**

:huh::whistling::whistling:

Millions And Millions Of "Scientific" Papers Or Just 259,200 Seconds In The Real World!

I Find It Interesting That Cavitation Allows Water To Cut Through Solids Like A Hot Knife Through Butter.

I Also Find It Interesting That A Few Vocal Folk Refuse To See This Force In The Sculpture Left In The Earth By The Global Flood.

[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

[19] And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

[20] Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

[21] And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

[22] All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

[23] And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

[24] And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Genesis 7:17-24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Here's something interesting.

This new canyon is 80 feet deep and formed in 6 years (the flood was in 2002).

The grand canyon on the other hand is 6000 feet deep.

Using some simple math, if the grand canyon was formed at the speed of this one, it would take:

6000/80 = The grand canyon is 75 times the depth.

6 years multiplied by 75 gives us 450 years. So under these conditions, the grand canyon could have formed in 450 years. So even if it was forming 10 times as slowly, there still would have been plenty of time to form the grand canyon, even if the earth isn't billions of years old. That and a worldwide flood certainly would have the potential to speed up the erosion of 6000 feet of rock.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, I don't know if the Grand Canyon was a product of the Great Flood or not, but I am questioning millions of years of erosion and erosion alone.

Here's another canyon formed in a very short time:

Anderson told us the original May 1980 explosion caused the world's largest landslide. Indeed, it covered the huge valley area below Mount St. Helens with landslide material some 600 feet deep.

Then two years later came another massive eruption blasting right through that 600-foot deep material.

Anderson described what it would have been like that day. "In the afternoon hours as the crater becomes an oven, large amounts of super-heated water pour out of the crater with big pieces of volcanic rock, and gouges out first of all channels, then they deepen to ravines, then they deepen to canyons. By the end of the day, there's an entire enormous canyon system on the valley floor.all in one day."

Before that day, scientists claimed it would take tens of millions of years to gouge out such canyons.

And they stated it took a hundred million years to form the many layers in the walls of Arizona's Grand Canyon.

But a massive eruption in June 1980 laid down 25 feet of many complex layers in just three hours. "Well, when it was all over, it had put down at least 200 layers in 190 minutes. That's better than a layer a minute," Anderson said.

Source

Oh, I'm sure erosion played into the formation of the Grand Canyon - but might there not have been one or more traumatic events that started or played into into formation?

After all, why have not more rivers led to canyons?

Here's something interesting.

This new canyon is 80 feet deep and formed in 6 years (the flood was in 2002).

The grand canyon on the other hand is 6,000 feet deep.

Using some simple math, if the grand canyon was formed at the speed of this one, it would take:

6 years multiplied by 75 gives us 450 years. So under these conditions, the grand canyon could have formed in 450 years. So even if it was forming 10 times as slowly, there still would have been plenty of time to form the grand canyon, even if the earth isn't billions of years old. That and a worldwide flood certainly would have the potential to speed up the erosion of 6000 feet of rock.

:emot-hug:

:laugh:

Just A Small Change In The Numbers Brother.

This new canyon is 80 feet deep and formed in 3 days.

3 days multiplied by 75 gives us 225 days.

So under these conditions, the grand canyon could have formed in 225 days.

To Man Impossible - To God Finger Play

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psalms 8:3-4

:emot-wanttohug:

THE POWER OF GOD ALMIGHTY

An Impossible Task Removing Man From Harm

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:26-27

Sing Together Of The Strength Of His Strong Right Arm

Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion. Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem. The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
Isaiah 52:8-10

:emot-wanttohug:

TICK TOCK

The KING OF KINGS Still Stands And Knock - While Time Ticks Off Of Mankind's Clock

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:20

The Priceless Treasure Of All Times - Send Down To Cover All Our Crimes

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

The Blood Of God's Pure Holy Lamb - Saving The Few From Satan's Scam

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

:emot-dance:

See Jesus And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe