• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

I thought I would throw this out there. As I sit here and type, it is Missions Convention at my church. We all dressed up this Sunday (choir and flag bearers) and we had the parade of nations. People carried in the sanctuary all different flags from around the world, as the choir sang the song from the News Boys, "Glory Glory, Hallelujah He Reigns".......I am sitting here wearing my Indian Sari and thinking about the Nations of the world.

How much do we as believers sit down and war in the heavenly's for our nation?? How much do we war for other nations?? Do we really believe in our spirits that we can see our nation(s) won for Jesus? What about other countries, so called hard or impenetrable?

I know we have so much to pray about as believers. The lists seem unending. But I urge you to set aside a day a week - and have at some point - the prayer/warfare focus to be for the nations. Tuesday mornings are my time for that. I believe Canada will see a revival. I believe the US can see a revival. I believe India, Russia, China, the UK, Columbia, Ethiopia, Africa......etc....... can and will see revival. It is not impossible!

But folks, time is running out. We need to pray for the spiritual veil of unbelief to be removed from the eyes of the unsaved. The harvest is there.......more ready than we know....

Joel 3: 9-16

9 Proclaim this among the nations:

Prepare for war!

Rouse the warriors!

Let all the fighting men draw near and attack.

10 Beat your plowshares into swords

and your pruning hooks into spears.

Let the weakling say,

"I am strong!"

11 Come quickly, all you nations from every side,

and assemble there.

Bring down your warriors, O LORD !

12 "Let the nations be roused;

let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat,

for there I will sit

to judge all the nations on every side.

13 Swing the sickle,

for the harvest is ripe.

Come, trample the grapes,

for the winepress is full

and the vats overflow-

so great is their wickedness!"

but then it continues......get this!...

14 Multitudes, multitudes

in the valley of decision!

For the day of the LORD is near

in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and moon will be darkened,

and the stars no longer shine.

16 The LORD will roar from Zion

and thunder from Jerusalem;

the earth and the sky will tremble.

But the LORD will be a refuge for his people,

a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Pray for the nations. Pray for the missionaries already there and those who are planning to go. Pray that God's work will be completed for His honour and glory. And may we see the Peace of Jerusalem come soon!

Prayerfully yours,

Willow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Good reminder and that's a neat idea what your church did.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Willow,

He is the Desire of Nations, Jesus!

He is so very Worthy!

He is the Peace of Jerusalem! Jesus! :il:

God Bless,

Dave

The church has been bringing the gospel to the nations for centuries. When do we bring it to Israel?

romans 11:15 tells us that when we do, it will go to the nations and be the biggest revival of all time.

I'm not saying that going to the nations is less important...but what I am saying is that there is a priority which we have rarely met. The great revivals of Scotland were preceded by Scottish evangelists bringing the gospel to the jews who lived in Israel at that time. It's a spiritual principle that works every time it has been tried.

Romans 1:16 is another good one....so go take a look at the missions map in your church and see if there is a "pin" on Israel. If not...ask your pastor about supporting George & Rivka Whitten as your missionaries to Israel.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/12/1972

:Dtalking about singing the song of my heart... i can't seem to get enough of missions. i'm on the missions ministry staff of the church i attend and we are getting ready for a short-term missions trip to the poorest area of Kingston Jamaica. it's a team of 16 and it seems like the day we leave for Jamaica can't come fast enough. we are helping out the missionary couple that we support monthly. missions is so vital. the Lord is not willing that any should perish.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I would suggest to all posters that you go to MSN.com opening page scroll down to the place in the center collumn where the 4 wounded Vets from Iraq tell their story before you make any decisions about who or what you will vote for in this election. The news media haven't got the guts to put these testimonies on their programs, because they don't want The Truth getting out their before the polls open.