txpaleo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Let the evolutionists explain this Scripture.

Exod 31:15-17

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

(KJV)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sanctification

<< Basically, this is a compromise way of reconciling the two. But as for me, I'd rather believe the Bible. >>

What's the difference between theistic and the bible? Are they exclusive of each other?

As far as I see it, someone somewhere has to address the fact that the fossil record exists.

Guest sanctification

Well, I am not an evolutionist anymore, His Son, but I have an explanation for you....

When the big bang happened 12-15 billion years ago, the original explosion (more powerful than an explosion as we know it), traveled very very fast from the original point of beginning.

As spacetime expanded, the speed of the explosion of the universe started dropping.

Got it? :D

Now: If you stand today on earth and measure in our earth-day how long it has been since the big-bang explosion, it has been 12 million years.

However, if you measure how much time has elapsed from the perspective of the original explosion, it has been six days.

I don't know if that does anything for you. Personally I don't think it really matters, because if it is in the bible then it really happened and it doesn't matter very much how it came about. :D You must be able to see that I have come a long way since my former days, but I happen to remember this one.

Guest mscoville

Yo Cerran,

How about answering the real question I put forward you old Christian brother sneaky old sneak.!!!!.

~ M. Scoville

PS Is sin just part of the Evolutionary experience?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

What's the difference between theistic and the bible?  Are they exclusive of each other?

As far as I see it, someone somewhere has to address the fact that the fossil record exists.

The Bible says that God made man from scratch, in one step.

"Regular" evolution says that men developed from apes, and from successively lower lifeforms, down to the first microbes in the first swamp, which were created by spontaneous generation.

"Regular" evolution says that all of this happened by means of a random series of accidental events.

"Theistic" evolution basically assumes all the same events, but factors in the active, guiding hand of a creator, namely God. It's supposed to be a way of reconciling both approaches.

About fossils? They do, in fact, prove that the various creatures existed. What a fossil cannot do, is to prove that one begat the next. It's a snapshot, not a movie. It cannot tell you what came before, or what came after.

Also, someone mentioned the Big Bang. Personally, I really don't have a problem with it. I just believe that God shot the gun. The Big Bang neither proves or disproves anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Where did all the people that Cain ran with, come from??

Possibly from the same place that Cain came from...Eve, and her children?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1990

Here's one argument against evolution and atheism

* Design Argument-

~ Nature does NOT produce specific complex structures like Mount Rushmore or crop circles ect ect... So if nature can't produce complex things... How did we get here?

~ Nature does NOT produce specific complex information.

Random processes do not produce specific complex information like the genetic code.

As an example get a bowl of of the cereal Alpha Bits. Now randomly get some on your spoon... I don't care how many times you try it is not going to spell your first and last name exactly...

Also is Kawasaki a chinese word? Now to answer yes all you have to do is present one fact to show me it is to answer NO you have to know every word in the chinese language every variation every dialect every different groups variation. The same is true of God... We may not know every fact and detail but we do have facts and all we need is one fact. To say there is no God is not possible! So if you can't say that there is no God you also can't say that God didn't create the world. To make that claim you would have to be All knowing therefore you WOULD BE GOD!!

So other than God and creation what other logical explanation do we have as to how we got here? none

Guest isaac

Cerran

You must forgive me if this has been covered i have read everything just skimmed. I also must appologize for my lack of knowledge in science and what not. I know a little bit but my vocabulary on the subject is very limited.

I do have a few questions... i have a tendency to sound like i am being sarcastic and i dont mean to so please forgive me if it sounds that way.

I must agree first that the Bible does not cover every situation in life.. but it does give enough to find the answers and it is the inerrent word of God.

Can i ask how you reconcile 2 timothy 3:16

ALL scripture is inspired (God-Breathed) and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for corrction, for training in righteousness so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work

Also if not everything in scripture is infallible who are we to say what God did and didnt say.

Even if you want to go as far as to say that Paul was talking about their scripture the Torah and the Prophets and Psalms then Genesis would be as Paul said "God-Breathed"

I spent sometime reading your post of seeming contradiction and i noticed that artsylady responded to that and i am sure she did a wonderful job.

I know not every question will be answered. I still have questions.. everyone does. But if we look at God's word as being fallible how are we ever to know what to do. It was written by man as they were lead by the spirit.

Read Deuteronomy 18. God's says that he will raise up prophets and how to know if they truely spoke his word or not. If they were wrong they were to be stoned. Jesus was a prophet, paul was, moses was, the Bible is a prophetic book.

There are things that are questionable that we have to wonder about... but thats why its by faith. We cant figure everything out. We are saved by grace through FAITH. Evolutionist dont like to hear... no one really likes to hear it but thats what it is. Even if one raised from the dead in front of everyone they wouldnt believe. Science say it was one thing other religions would say it was another.

FAITH. You believe in Jesus. He said he is the Way, the TRUTH and the Life. Do you ever see him questioning the scripture? No. He told the people to look at what was written about him in it. Paul came and spoke of everything that Jesus said. Dont just proof text look at the context of what is being said.

There will be things we dont understand or agree with but thats where FAITH in knowing that God is in controll, he knows, He is just and holy. He understands everything and has planned it from the beginning.

No other religion argued God's exisitance they alway tried to show who's God was bigger. Thats why Moses wrote Genesis. To show God's people that their God was Bigger. The only God. Not to prove his existance. When they went to war who ever won had the bigger God.

Thats just one of my tangents. The only truth that i have found is Christ. I know it is the whole truth and nothing but the truth because thats what he has said. If the Bible is wrong anywhere it is not my fault it would be Gods. I have to take the word that he has given me and believe... some by faith and some by proof.

The Bible has lasted a long long long time. I dont care if someone came along 50 yrs after Moses and edited Deuteronomy. God knew that would happen so shouldnt it also be inspired if it still follows the rest of scripture? If i believe that God is and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him, that he loves me, and wants me to follow him than i have to believe that he would give me an accurate way to follow him.

It would make sense if he didnt and it would be contrary to his being Just.

I know that was alot.. im not tring to convince you just tring to help you find the truth you said you were looking for.

Please rethink how you view the Bible.

And quite honestly i dont think how God created the universe should be a big issue to debate. Its amazing how he did it and i think we should look at what he created but he is more interested in his creation obeying what he said than questioning how he created it.

Who are we to say how did you do this? We should only be saying what do you want me to do.

Thanks for reading this if you took the time

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

Mscoville,

I am working on a replay give me a couple more days to think through this, I've been mulling this over a lot and to formulate a good reply and how to explain things is taking a little time. I unfortunately don't have the direct benefit of divine inspiration in this case. :t2: