txpaleo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If someone asked you why you didn't believe in Evolution could you give an answer besides, because the Bible says so? I just wrote a book dealing with this issue from the view point as an archaeologist who was taught the evolution was fact. After many hours of research, I have brought out the hidden information that Evolutionists don't want Christians to have. This is about defending the faith and giving intellegent answers to why we believe what we believe. Please visit www.bairdclan.com and look, order a book, they are cheap. At the very least tell your church and family about this new website. www.bairdclan.com

God Bless and Defend your beliefs with intellegent answers.

Steve Baird

www.bairdclan.com

"These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." John 20:31

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

i personally think they should try to prove their stupid belief . Evolution is such a stupid idea you have to be willingly ignorant to believe it.... www.drdino.com

Guest LCPGUY

You know, what's always amazed me is how artists can come up with an accurate depiction of any animal simply be looking at its skeleton? Duh...

There is, in my opinion, no way to accurately render the flesh, muscle tone, hair or the lack thereof, by simply viewing a skeleton.

This whole evolution thing is nothing more than yet another Satanic deception. A deception designed to make us doubt our Lord, and His holy scriptures. Satan wants as many as possible to separate from God. The theory of evolution is just another one of his tools to accomplish this.

Just my 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

Evolution from a scientific perspective is known to be factual. The evolution of man is debatable but we know with current data that animals adapt to their surroundings through biological changes over time and that is the basic crux of the theory of evolution.

I pity people who say that evolution is without merit because the bible says it happened differently and here is why.

"It is a dedication to the truth, that enables human progress. This is because humility is the basis of all intellectual advancement, spiritual or scientific. The ability to admit that you are wrong is the absolute prerequisite to gaining understanding. The presumption that the answer is revealed, and must then be supported by seeking evidence, is a sure way to lead civilization down the blind alley of arrogant egotism and the institutionalized error that prevented the Catholic church from admitting for three centuries that Galilleo was right about the sun being the center of the solar system, even though the church was obviously wrong and everyone knew it.

I therefore call upon fundamentalists who read this to adopt that basic, fundamental prerequisite attitude for true learning and genuine scholarship -- the humility to be able to admit that you are wrong, and examine the evidence on the basis of its quality, rather than whether it fits your desired preconceptions. The Bible is not necessarily inerrant. It is not the exclusive, divine word of God, but rather is the product of more than five score writers, editors and translators, many quite unqualified for the work they were undertaking, many with conflicting objectives, each with a serious religious and/or political axe to grind. The church of which you are a part came into being largely by the fiats of a Roman emperor who knew and cared little about the religion his edicts were shaping. And the god Jehovah (or in the original form, Yahweh) you worship is directly descendant from Philistine and Babylonian pagan deities your own scripture now defames. To pretend otherwise is to make the same mistake the Catholic Church made with regards to Galileo. And you risk ending up looking just as foolish."

- Taken from Scott Bidstrup

The bible is a great book, teaches great lessons but by it's very nature is fallible being written by so many authors. to deny the theory of evolution solely on the basis of it differing from the bible is absolute lunacy.

I consider myself a christian but I have never ascribed to the idea that the bible is the unfallible word of god. I believe in god but I also refuse to ignore evidence that is blatently obvious like so many fundamentalist christians tend to do.

I believe in evolution and I think the theory of evolution is a work in progress. It has a lot of merit but is far from unfallible just as the bible is.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Dogs have been bred for thousands of years for different features but even though they can change different characteristics, they still remain dogs.

God put limits within each

Wrong, dogs haven't evolved as domesticated animals because there hasn't been a need to. Using dogs as an example against is wrong because the breeding has been largely human controlled to get characteristics they found desirable.

Better find a better argument than that.

"I admire people who seek the truth and fear people who claim to have found it"

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Dogs are a good example because of all the breeding that has been done to them. If you look at cats and horses, these are other animals that men have experimented with the most.

Well! if I can show that in all of mans history in breeding animals there has been no evidence of animals changing their kinds, in fact it proves the opposite, that there is a limit that can

Your argument is based on absolutely no fact and in fact I can point out the fallacy in your argument using your example. If you start out with a breed of dog and slowly breed characteristics which are good for certain functions you are evolving the animal. As we know evolution is supposed to take place over thousands of years or more. So in that thousand years we have created several different variants of dogs that are good for doing different things. Terriers make good rat hunters because of their small stature and long snout, hounds make great tracking dogs because of their well deveolped sense of smell and greyhounds make great racing dogs because they are lean light and agile. People have evolved dogs from their original form to all the different variants of dogs you see now. That is evolution at work.

Evolution is the changing of animals to adapt to their surroundings.

You are not producing any facts here at all. At least make an attempt to back up your claims with specific examples.

Where is it ever recorded that god puts limits on what animals can do?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes there is evolution, however the type that you are describing is referred to as MICROevolution, which even creatisit agree with. That is the changing over a period of type within a species. But somehow you are trying to use this to agrue for the acceptance of MACROevolution, which is the changing from one species to another. The case in point. Going from and ape like ancestor to modern man is macro and never happened. Micro is the subtle changes we experience, such as the changing of skin color due to the need to produce vitamin D.

Your argument that God came from other pagan deities is flawed and it would take a whole other book to point our your fallacies.

Your very answer is why I wrote the book. I don't simply base my views on evolution because the Bible says so. I base my views because the evidence shows that creation is the only way. The very study of MtDNA shows that we came from one central person who science has dubbed EVE. All the evidence, secular and religious point to creation and there isn't a shread of factual evidence for evolution, other than on the micro scale.

Steve Baird

Creation of Man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Cerran: Why don't you read through the other thread called "Evolution - do you accept it or not."?

We've discussed the many problems with evolution on that thread already. There were two arguing for evolution there. One was an open-minded believer in evolution who has since changed his mind. The staunch athiest evolutionist keeps disappearing. We have to keep reposting the same questions to him whenever he comes back. Long story short, many of the tough questions we ask him simply don't seem to get answered.