IGNORED

They were frightened when they saw Jesus.

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

I have been studying the event of Jesus walking on water for some time now and what has struck me as very interesting is the fact that the disciples were frightened and screamed out when they saw - Jesus - God in flesh, walking on water. Any normal person WOULD be scared if they saw a Man approaching them on foot in the middle of a body of water but the fact remains, it WAS Jesus, our Savior and they WERE frightened.

Often in life, we don't recognise that in a terrible situation, God/Jesus was with us the whole time. We were so consumed with the negatives of it, that we lost sight of Him OR simply didn't recognise His ways in the middle of it.

Just like Jesus sleeping in the boat when the storm flared up and the disciples panicked. Jesus was fast asleep but the disciples were terrified they were all going to perish. Jesus fast asleep in the MIDST of chaos. The disciples panicking even after having seen firsthand what miracles Jesus had previously performed in front of them. It's quite amazing that in the centre of absolute seemingly lifestopping situations, Christ was AND is there.

I've read some testimonials on this Board and they bear witness to the Truth of these Biblical events, of all things working for good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I have been studying the event of Jesus walking on water for some time now and what has struck me as very interesting is the fact that the disciples were frightened and screamed out when they saw - Jesus - God in flesh, walking on water. Any normal person WOULD be scared if they saw a Man approaching them on foot in the middle of a body of water but the fact remains, it WAS Jesus, our Savior and they WERE frightened.

Often in life, we don't recognise that in a terrible situation, God/Jesus was with us the whole time. We were so consumed with the negatives of it, that we lost sight of Him OR simply didn't recognise His ways in the middle of it.

Just like Jesus sleeping in the boat when the storm flared up and the disciples panicked. Jesus was fast asleep but the disciples were terrified they were all going to perish. Jesus fast asleep in the MIDST of chaos. The disciples panicking even after having seen firsthand what miracles Jesus had previously performed in front of them. It's quite amazing that in the centre of absolute seemingly lifestopping situations, Christ was AND is there.

I've read some testimonials on this Board and they bear witness to the Truth of these Biblical events, of all things working for good.

Good observation HIS girl, I think if the truth be know although we appear to take our salvations with somewhat reserved each of ust that have been saved already realize that we are nothing short of a small miracle....and some larger miracles. And the fact that God gives little insight to the finality of or salvation keeps us all very humble. It also helped me tremendously to know that even the diciples were humble and scared when they say Jesus above the water and the fact that they still had great fear what nature and the natural occurrances that still happen even today. I'm not sure why the average Christian even "fears" much of life today when we know that the end result should only be God's promise to HIS people. But it is all very humbling and it keeps me focused on HIM!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

In defense of the disciples, it was late at night when Jesus came walking towards them, so they didn't know that it was Jesus until He spoke.

However, HIS girl, you do make an excellent point regarding how we tend to take our eyes off of God.