• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1967

This topic hits me very close to home.....Please pray for my ex and my 3 yr old son....so that they may see the true way to our Heavenly Father....is ONLY through Jesus...and not by their works.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LivingSacrifice

dude, i love that u so passionate bout witnessing to these ppl that hav been lied to and tricked. from experience and from wut it says in the bible i kno that all we need to do is get the Word out. this might help or might not; after we give them the Truth its up to them to be accountalbe for it. the Lord said that we r held accountable for getting His Word out, but once we do tell someone bout it, then its there turn to fall through wit it. i understand that u want to help them go all the way wit Christ and except Him into there hearts, but it also says in the bible that God is the only the one who will draw them to His name. maybe its not time for them. or maybe u might be too pushy and r tryin to stuff it down their throwts. i hav a tendency of doin that, and all that does is push them away further. good luck on ur task that u hav ahead of u.

God Bless Always,

Sarah

Guest sanctification

That was a blessing to read, livingsacrifice.

<< the Lord said that we r held accountable for getting His Word out, but once we do tell someone bout it, then its there turn to fall through wit it. >>

Can you or someone else teach me the scriptural backing for this? I want to stand in faith upon it.

Guest sanctification

Papa T,

Let me pray.

Father I come to you in the name of Jesus, and I ask you to consider papaT's three year old son and his ex-wife. God, it hurts to see our loved ones deceived about who you are! I know you will give Your peace to us, and it comes by making You are hope. We hope in You. You can do it, Lord, we cannot. And you say that you desire all of your children to return to you. So wouldn't you call out his ex-wife and protect his child? Would you pour out your blessings on PapaT, and deepen Your fellowship with Him, so that they might see the One true, eternal God in his life? Glorify yourself in their lives. Send others who can share the gospel, into their lives. Soften their hearts and open their eyes. For by Your love we love them. We know that you have heard us, and we thank you in advance for the marvelous things you are going to do. Thank you Jesus, thank you so much for the relationship we are able to have because of what you have done!"

Guest LivingSacrifice

as soon as i can find out exactly where it is in the bible i will let you kno. i think it is in Romans somewhere, but that is a big book in the bible.

God bless always,

Sarah

Guest LCPGUY

Dear sister Santification,

I am getting nowhere with my Mormon friend. I have presented him with books, which he read. I have given him web-site to visit and have presented the Truth to the best of my ability. Nothing sways him.

He keeps referring to the burning in the heart from the Holy Ghost.

It seems to me these folks are driven by feelings and not logic. Am I right?

I asked him why if Christ visited these ancient south american empires, why no evidence or artifacts have been found. He says they have and have all been collected and are under guard in the Temple in Salt Lake City. Duh... :t2:

I give up with him.

Bro John

Guest sanctification

You are right. They even say "I don't care if Jospeh Smith really isn't a prophet. I have received a testimony and therefore I know what I believe is right for me," or some such thing.

The right to remain stagnant in the face of logic, scripture, experience, is what we call blind faith.

I do believe that you can show them the heart of your religion, because God is a heart-God. Show him the Psalms, and the passions of David in worshiping and describing the Lord. Show him how God interacts in your life--without requiring works. I don't know. I think they have the answer once we do this--they just need to gain enough guts to digest it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

It seems to me these folks are driven by feelings and not logic. Am I right?

Is it possible that you are, too? That is a potential pitfall for all of us...

Guest sanctification

Stevehut,

What are some examples of Christians who believe in convenient things rather than the truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

What are some examples of Christians who believe in convenient things rather than the truth?

Not sure what you mean by "convenient things".

Someone in here said that Mormons are driven by feelings instead of logic. By my response, I simply meant that Mormons are not alone in this. We are all susceptible to being misled by our emotions.