IGNORED

The LDS are still in sin

Guest sanctification

Guest sanctification

I have been witnessing to the LDS on an online forum area for over a year. The Latter Day Saints believe in Jesus, they say, but they are not Christians, for reasons I can share if you'd like. I have been praying that God would send someone to help me there. (I am the only believer there talking amongst them.) I have been praying even more for God's Spirit to open their eyes... sound unlikely? Sure, but God can do anything, I believe. My preaching has really come to an end with most of them at that site. Instead I have told them that I am going to instead simply pray for God to teach them and change their minds. I said to them, "Just wait and see what God is going to do."

Bold? Yes. But I am standing on the promise that God hears and answers my prayers, that He desires all of His children to return to Himself, and the truth that it is God who calls out His children from darkness and death, just as Jesus said to Lazarus in the tomb: "Lazarus, come forth!" Just like He did me.

Any thoughts or prayers for me? This is a heavy burden for me at times because I am waiting on God to do it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  284
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1940

Dear sanctification

I just read your post, would you believe that I was raised a Mormon? I was even baptized for twenty-four dead people in the Mormon Temple, (the basement) and I sang once in the Mormon Tabernacle. I am going to stop here, in case you are checking to see if you got an answer. God Bless, Faith :hug:

Guest mscoville

Well I'm sure you did some good. Mormons are a tough bunch. Could you tell me where you were talking to them? I'd be happy to jump into the fray as well as pray. It may be that God meant for you to make connections here that could lift him up to them and straighten them out. You definitely did the right thing in knowing when to step away. If they won't hear the truth there isn't a lot you can do, it's up to Christ, just as you said. Can you tell me any good scripture you used to witness to them? God Bless.

Martin

Guest mscoville
I just read your post, would you believe that I was raised a Mormon? I was even baptized for twenty-four dead people in the Mormon Temple, (the basement) and I sang once in the Mormon Tabernacle. I am going to stop here, in case you are checking to see if you got an answer. God Bless, Faith

Wow, what did the Lord do to bring you out of that?

~ Martin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Praise the Lord Faith!

I too, am all ears to hear your testamony. I have had opportunity with the seventh day in my past as well.

Dear Martin, By 1988 we had not been in a Mormon Church for over twenty years, but I still defended them and thought of my self as a Mormon. Had any one told me that the Mormon Church was a cult, I would have been really offended. In 1988 our son David died, I was forty eight at the time. And I liked your (what did the Lord do to bring us out) You hit it right on the head. It was nothing that we did, and every thing that the Lord did. We should have turned to the Mormon Church, but we new right off, that we didn't want the Mormon Church to have any thing to do with the service. We went to the Mountain Church, it was an Assembly Of God Church. The sunday after the service, at altar call I went for ward. As a child when we would be in the car, and I seen some one that was elderly, I would pray for them. But when I went for ward that Sunday morning, I told the Pastor that I wanted to know if there really was a God. We had always had a Bible, but it was like trying to read another language. He prayed with me, I got born again, and it was beautiful! I used to want to be born again, but I was already a Mormon. Little did I know that I needed to be born again. Now the Mormon's teach that you must be born again. They sure didn't teach that before. Then I found out what the Mormon teach and believe. Most of the stuff, I had never heard, such as lusifer, being the brother of Jesus, and on and on. Our whole family got saved, had our names removed from the Mormon Records, and God opened up His Word. But like I said before, we can not take any of the credit, it was Jesus all the way. God Bless, Faith :t2:

Dear Jesusisgod2, Thank you for your come back. At the age that my husband and I were, and getting saved, we don't take lightly. Had either one of us died, we would have gone to hell. Jesus new that when our son died, that we would turn to Him, and He was there, with open arms! God Bless, Faith :t2:

Guest sanctification

Faith--I love to hear your testimony. It is SO GREAT to hear that God opened your mind, and it gives me hope. I, too, was or nearly was LDS at one time.... Did you see any hints of mental manipulation on their part?

Guest sanctification

Thank you everyone for your replies. They mean so much!

Martin-The key that I use to witness to them is to show them how they are dead to the law.... You know what I mean? What does it mean when it says in Rom 7:6 that we serve in the new way of the spirit and not in the old way of the written code? I am talking to them at the "LDS Cafe--Caffeine Free!" My nickname is "sanctification" or "being made holy." If you hear God's Spirit put a message in your heart, then please, go speak to them. You will be not only a blessing to their lives but a blessing to mine as well. :t2:

I can give you more details on what I preach... that God is at peace with them, that works are meant for reward, not for salvation. That man is incapable of obedience. I can give you direct scriptures for this but it would make this a really long post. If you go there you will see the many scriptures I use to talk with them.

God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

We should have turned to the Mormon Church, but we new right off, that we didn't want the Mormon Church to have any thing to do with the service.

What was it that made you think that way. i ask because i do meet mormons in chat and i do not know where to start when talking to them. :noidea was it just a feeling? or was it a doctrine that bothered you? What do you think was the root cause?

All praise The Ancient Of Days