• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  284
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1940

Dear sanctification, How in the world did you register on that Mormon site? They have that code you are supposed to enter, and I entered it just like they had it, and every time, I got that it didn't match? What do I need to do? Thank you and God Bless, Faith :exclaimation:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sanctification

<< Its r rated and the prophet said not to watch rrated movies. WE had that discussion in church. Why should we watch a gentile movie about the savior when we know plenty from our apostles and prophets. Gibson is not bad to make it but latterday saints dont need to see it. someone in our bishopric said he would not see it but didnt talk agout it directly naming it for awhile. And 3 other people commented on it in testimony meeting. One person said she wouldnt watch it and had a friend call church headquarters to see if its ok to watch passion. That too is against church doctrine. Another man in testimony talked about how much it made him feel closer to the savior. I wont watch it because the prophet said not to watch r rated mmmovies the lord is no respector of persons and if you listen to the prophet with exzctness i could do better you go to the clestial kingdom that is where I want to go. >>

I cut and pasted this from the LDS Cafe site, just to show you the things that LDS experience. Is it just me, or can you see the cult-like qualities of their group based on what this young man said about Mel Gibson's movie? Particularly interesting and insightful is how a member called church headquarters to see if watching the movie was against church "doctrine." (Because what their living prophet says is the same as scripture.) It is so scary. What do any of you think?

Guest sanctification

Faith,

I don't know why it is not working. Are you at the website called "Caffeine Free" not just the community? You most likely are.... I went there and tried myself to register anew and can't figure out why it isn't working for you. I will email the administrators there and see if they can help. But I will also pray, because I am suspicious there is some spiritual warfare going on here.

God bless you

Guest sanctification

<< The other point I wanted to touch on was the point of fearing God. The scriptures speak constantly that one must fear God and Obey.

It sounds very harsh when taken on a word for word level but when you take into account that God is a real person you can begin to understand that this is just the first step to developing a relationship with him.

Each step being

We obey because of what he will do if we dont

We obey because of what he can do for us

We obey because we respect him and his power.

We obey because we love him

We obey because we are his friend

We obey because we are him.

Each step forms a greater relationship with God, and each can only come through obedience.

I hope I explained it correctly. >>

Some super-knowledgeable doctrine guy came into the LDS Cafe site to explain an issue for them that they were having trouble with. I just quoted it above so you all might see how deep this stuff really goes in the practical sense, for those LDS.

I can't say this at the LDS Cafe but I just need to get it off my chest amongst friends:

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! LIE!! LIE!! LIE!! LIE!! LIE!! LIE!! LIE!!

Yeah, you bet you "hope you explained it correctly!" masquerador of light.

:t2::exclaimation: I feel much better

Dear Santification,

But I will also pray, because I am suspicious there is some spiritual warfare going on here.

I never thought of the above Duh! I well go back and try again. I don't want to e-mail them, because I don't want to bring attention to myself. Wish me luck! God Bless, Faith :)

Dear Santification, I was in another place, the forum I just went to the chat, and I made it, I had to let you know. God Bless, Faith :)

Guest LCPGUY

Dear Sanctification,

thanx for starting this thread.

My question is is it wise to counter their views by showing that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and a loon? I have been told by a Mormon friend that Mormonism stands or falls on the truth of Joseph Smith.

Biblical quotes do no good he said because they believe the Bible was mis-translated.

What do you, and others here think?

Thanx,

John

Guest mscoville
Thank you everyone for your replies. They mean so much!

Martin-The key that I use to witness to them is to show them how they are dead to the law.... You know what I mean? What does it mean when it says in Rom 7:6 that we serve in the new way of the spirit and not in the old way of the written code? I am talking to them at the "LDS Cafe--Caffeine Free!" My nickname is "sanctification" or "being made holy." If you hear God's Spirit put a message in your heart, then please, go speak to them. You will be not only a blessing to their lives but a blessing to mine as well. 

I can give you more details on what I preach... that God is at peace with them, that works are meant for reward, not for salvation. That man is incapable of obedience. I can give you direct scriptures for this but it would make this a really long post. If you go there you will see the many scriptures I use to talk with them.

God bless you.

Sanctification,

What forum do you concentrate on there?

~ Martin

Guest sanctification

http://ldscafe.org/forum/index.php?c=1

Martin,

When you get to the home page, click on "forum." The link above takes you there; it takes you to the Church of LDS discussion section of the forum. Then you will see a section within that for "non-members and anti-discussions." That is mainly where I am at.

Guest sanctification

<<My question is is it wise to counter their views by showing that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and a loon? I have been told by a Mormon friend that Mormonism stands or falls on the truth of Joseph Smith.>>

John,

I think you are right. It totally does. For someone who is rationally minded. Which I am not sure all LDS are. They have what I call "blind faith."

The thing that I have heard in more than one LDS testimony is this: "I don't care even if Jospeh Smith is wrong. I know what I have experienced and it is what I believe in."

I also believe that preaching the word does accomplish His will, because His words are truth. To the LDS that I happen to talk about, they seem to be world saavy enough to see the value in proclaiming themselves bible believers. Do they really underneath put stock in the bible? I am not sure. But they say that it is important. I take the stance that the God of the bible and the BoM are different, and therefore the LDS are not Christians. At least, I have taken that stance in the past and try to explain the same thing in a more gentle way these days....

I am glad that you are here to ask me questions, because I think I could learn a lot from you and others. :laugh:

What do you think?