IGNORED

Do Babies Automatically Go to Heaven?

Snowdoove

Guest mcm42

Here's A question I must ask even myself at this point...

If Babies Go to heaven, is the number one evangelistic tool abortion? Yikes!

I've been back and forth on the issue of all babies or some babies going to heaven. Originally I said all, however, after considering this thought I may be going back to only Some. Ugghhhh how our beliefs must line up...

If we told aborting mothers their baby would go to heaven, they may say, Good Let's do it! I don't want to bring a baby into this world anyway!

Let me know if anyone had considered this thought... how do you handle it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

If Babies Go to heaven, is the number one evangelistic tool abortion? Yikes!

I've been back and forth on the issue of all babies or some babies going to heaven. Originally I said all, however, after considering this thought I may be going back to only Some. Ugghhhh how our beliefs must line up...

If we told aborting mothers their baby would go to heaven, they may say, Good Let's do it! I don't want to bring a baby into this world anyway!

Not so perplexing as you may think. The Lord makes it clear "Thou shalt not murder." We are commanded to "fill the earth" through the Noahic Covenant. All life is precious in God's sight for it is created "in His image". I would say that ANY woman who commits to having an abortion DOES NOT KNOW CHRIST, and unless she repent she is headed for the worst place imagineable.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest mcm42
I would say that ANY woman who commits to having an abortion DOES NOT KNOW CHRIST, and unless she repent she is headed for the worst place imagineable.

Generally people wanting to have an abortion arent' Christians, hence the difficulty in getting them not too!

Point is I don't suspect a non-Christian women wanting to have an abortion would care all that much that it's murder, especially if they knew their baby would go to heaven!

In fact if we killed all the babies, wouldn't they be better off since they are going to heaven anyway? (note: I don't believe this, it's just an extreme that I can see coming from this doctrine!)

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I would say that ANY woman who commits to having an abortion DOES NOT KNOW CHRIST, and unless she repent she is headed for the worst place imagineable.

Generally people wanting to have an abortion arent' Christians, hence the difficulty in getting them not too!

Point is I don't suspect a non-Christian women wanting to have an abortion would care all that much that it's murder, especially if they knew their baby would go to heaven!

In fact if we killed all the babies, wouldn't they be better off since they are going to heaven anyway? (note: I don't believe this, it's just an extreme that I can see coming from this doctrine!)

Greetings MCM,

As Christians, our job is to convey the "power of God unto salvation" which is the Gospel. As members of a democratic nation we can vote as a "conservative Christian" block. Yet I know that many Christians don't even vote. I think that is disgusting. Other than that, the world will continue to give their babies as sacrifices to their God of lust and denial of God's sovereignty.

Every "conception" is intended by God to be a "blessing" to their parents. How many great men and women have been killed/aborted that may have turned out to be another Joseph or Moses or Paul? In this me/now generation it is abhorent to God to see such life wasted before it even has a chance.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A woman who feels that the baby is better off dead, believes that because she feels like she is worthless. If you show these women love, they will see that they have worth and be less prone to abort.

Alot of abortion is sought out because of selfishness. It is not done so that the baby will be better off, but so that the pregnant woman will be. Saying that the baby will go to heaven doesn't make a difference, because it's not about the baby, it's all about the pregnant woman.

Guest Berkana

If Babies Go to heaven, is the number one evangelistic tool abortion?  Yikes!

. . .

If we told aborting mothers their baby would go to heaven, they may say, Good Let's do it!  I don't want to bring a baby into this world anyway!

First of all, this is not evangelism. Evangelism comes from the Greek term euangelion, which means "good news". (I know, I'm starting to sound like the father from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". . .) You share the Good News of Jesus' atonement for the sins of the world with people who have sinned. Babies not only won't understand if you tell them, but if they are too young to understand, they are also too young to have committed conscious sin. Jesus said the following:

Matthew 18:7-9

"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

The mother who comits sin that results in the death of an innocent child will be punished for her sin, even though her child will not be "worse off"; she will not be rewarded simply be cause God, in His justice, doesn't send her infant's soul to Hell for sins it did not commit.

Consider another example: Judas' sin when he betrayed Jesus, and the sins of the high priests when they plotted Jesus' murder, were part of what brought about the atonement for the sins of the world. Jesus' atonement for the sins of the world is a great thing!--the greatest thing that ever happened in fact--but Judas and the Pharisees and high priests don't get credit for it, because it is not that good resulted from their sin that God credits to them, but their willful disobedience and sin to God. The same thing applies to the case of a woman aborting her child.

I hope that makes it all clear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The mother who comits sin that results in the death of an innocent child will be punished for her sin, even though her child will not be "worse off"; she will not be rewarded simply be cause God, in His justice, doesn't send her infant's soul to Hell for sins it did not commit.

It is quite possible for this woman to be totally and completely forgiven, and that's the good news.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

The reason I capitalized what I did was because the beginning taught Total Depravity. I Capialized to emphasized that Total Depravity does not assume Hell bound babies.

Actually, Total Depravity is an exaggerated version of Original Sin. So yes, it does mean that babies are hellbound.

(For the record, I have never believed this.)

By the way, if you want to emphasize something, you can type in bold. Then no one will misunderstand your intentions.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Actually, Total Depravity is an exaggerated version of Original Sin.

An exaggerated version of Original Sin??? What????

So yes, it does mean that babies are hellbound.

Everybody is born 'hellbound' the Scripture says. :rofl:

Guest mcm42
be punished for her sin, even though her child will not be "worse off"; she will not be rewarded simply be cause God, in His justice, doesn't send her infant's soul to Hell for sins it did not commit.

O.K maybe I wasn't clear... I'm simply saying that for a NON-BELIEVING WOMAN would it not be a comfort to know that her aborted baby is now in heaven? Hence easing her conscience over doing such an act?

I'm thinking it would... I"m not saying it's a good idea, I was just saying it may lighten the load for someone who is NOT A BELIEVER. (What I mean about that is they don't care about their sin, only getting it over with, moving on.