IGNORED

Meddling sister? or sister who loves her brother?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Quote from ANDREWA

You have to realize that it is likely that most if not all of your family will never accept God, or if they do then it could be decades away. We all have family and friends who are not saved, it is difficult to know they are destined to damnation but we must be patient and just continue to live our lives as best we can as to how Christ lived and to just be a witness by our actions, words and deeds and pray that they will soften and allow God to speak and work within them and they do accept and come to know God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew, thank you for your advice. I want you and everyone else to know that I will never believe that my family will choose to never accept God. In the Bible, I am unsure of the verse, "Believe in the Lord and you and your household shall be saved." Let me tell you this. If I accept this reality of them never being saved, I do not hold faith in God. God can do anything. ANYTHING!!! And if I accept this doubt, how can God help me, and help them? hello...........

You make me sound like a Bible thumping monger. I am not. Our conversation that nite did not even include God. I know better than to mention God when I am with my brother. I am a firm believer that our actions speak and witness louder and more effective than our words. I wait for an opportunity or for the Holy Spirit's prodding to talk about God. The last time was a few years ago. I witnessed to a friend of mine. She wanted to know more, we were with our husbands, up North, they were snowmobiling, and we went to a Christian book store across the road. She was shocked that the gal working gave us a free pocket Bible. And she just wanted to more and more. She was saved that day, and last year, she was killed in a car accident. So, Andrew, God brings them to me. I do not go over them with judgment and conviction. That is God's job. Not mine. I merely wait and listen for his permission.

And, I did call my church and asked for prayer. Why do you assume that I did not. Is this not a prayer forum, also? Please don't assume something before you know the truth and facts.

I do, although appreciate all your advice except for this one thing. I appreciate the time you took to give me support and encourage me. Thank you!

To everyone else, and Andrew,

Thank you for your prayers, and your knowledge and wisdom, and encouragement.

******My dad went into the hospital last nite. He has COPD/Emphysema and had a fever of 100.8, then it went to 102 in the hospital, then with Tylenol, down to 99. I recognize the battle I am fighting right now. The enemy is doing everything to keep my family from coming. He is coming home tomorrow. And the pastor's wife and I prayed today that we are still believing he will be there on Sunday.

The part I don't get, I never realized how determined the enemy is to keep my loved ones away from church. To destroy all my progress in bringing them to church. I bind him, tell him to go away, I stomp on him and tell him to leave. I am just so angry at him. I will not allow him to wreck mine and God's plans.

If anyone wants to offer anymore, I am opening to listen. Even to Andrew. I respect you, just don't agree with one thing you shared with me.

Thank you,

Rachel72