Christmas tree question

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

We decided to get a real tree this year, except I forgot to think about the fact that our electric saw is broken and we have nothing to trim the bottom part off with. (You have to cut an inch or so off the bottom so tree will absorb water) Anyways, will drilling a hole in the bottom be ok instead of trimming an inch off the bottom?

We decided to get a real tree this year, except I forgot to think about the fact that our electric saw is broken and we have nothing to trim the bottom part off with. (You have to cut an inch or so off the bottom so tree will absorb water) Anyways, will drilling a hole in the bottom be ok instead of trimming an inch off the bottom?

the christmas tree lot will saw off the bottom for you. if they don't automatically do it, ask them if they will. i've never seen a christmas tree lot that didn't do this to every tree at the point of sale as part of their customer service.

We already have the tree, and it was an hours drive, plus sat on top of our van for two hours after we got home.

We already have the tree, and it was an hours drive, plus sat on top of our van for two hours after we got home.

and the people at the lot didn't saw off the bottom? good grief, don't ever go back there!

i would think drilling a hole would work, but maybe there's a neighbor with a saw?

I actually dont know if they did trim the bottom or not. By the time I was done paying, they had the tree wrapped and on top of the van. I think I will just leave the tree undecorated for the night, in it's stand full of water, and in the morning if it has drank some of the water, I will assume it is ok, otherwise I will enlist the help of a neighbor.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

My daughter and her kids, and my niece and her kids and me and Cameron are having a ornament making party Saturday night! I can't wait! I just we had a REAL tree to put them on!

That ornament making party sounds like alot of fun! :noidea:

Tomorrow morning I will put the lights on the tree while my husband does school with oldest son, and then when school is finished, the kids will put the ornaments on the tree! I predict school will get done in record time. :emot-highfive: We got some really awesome lights this year, the bulbs are the old fashioned bigger size, in multi colors, frosted. I'll post a picture when it is done. :emot-bounce:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

why not leave the real trees where they were planted, or in the lot so that person quits cutting them. with all the fires going on, i'm surprised people would even want real trees. just my thoughts, jim

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

That ornament making party sounds like alot of fun! :o

Tomorrow morning I will put the lights on the tree while my husband does school with oldest son, and then when school is finished, the kids will put the ornaments on the tree! I predict school will get done in record time. :laugh: We got some really awesome lights this year, the bulbs are the old fashioned bigger size, in multi colors, frosted. I'll post a picture when it is done. :laugh:

I love the old fashioned bulbs, a bit of nostalgia I guess! I have no doubt your right about school, lol! Definitely post pictures, I would love to see them! :laugh:

why not leave the real trees where they were planted, or in the lot so that person quits cutting them. with all the fires going on, i'm surprised people would even want real trees. just my thoughts, jim

Scrooge :blink:

Don't worry, I did not go out in the woods and cut down our tree.

Most Christmas trees (such as ours) come from actual Christmas tree farms and are raised specifically for the purpose of becoming Christmas trees.

There are PLENTY of trees around here, both on farms and in the woods!

Good news-the tree drank almost all the water last night! :emot-hug: