IGNORED

web developers, HELP!

Guest LadyC

update! i got the answer, kinda in a round about way... on one of the techie sites, only one guy was responding to me at all. and he addressed another issue i had asked about, (the tabs being aligned left when i'd aligned the container center)... but then, without ever mentioning my iframe height issue in IE, he just kinda made me feel like he was being a smart-aleck by telling me that my doctype information was outdated (thanks to my html editor being old) and how i should change that line to yada-yada-yada. i figured ok fine, if i'm gonna keep pressing him about the height issue, i better fix the doctype so he doesn't keep nitpicking.

and when i fixed the doctype line, IT WORKED! the iframe height worked in IE! if i could have kissed that smart aleck, i would have, but since i couldn't, i said i love you instead LOL.

on another techie form though, someone said that mac won't support the minimum height command. can some mac user check it out for me and tell me if it is looking right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

So, today it worked for me. Looks great.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

the tabbed content displays some pages within an iframe. i edited the size of the iframe in the .js file... and it displays as defined in firefox. but when i view it in IE, the iframe is stuck at 150px high.

What planet are you from???

the tabbed content displays some pages within an iframe. i edited the size of the iframe in the .js file... and it displays as defined in firefox. but when i view it in IE, the iframe is stuck at 150px high.

What planet are you from???

pluto :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

If you need any help or need someone to do webpage stuff in future then feel free to let me know as I should be able to help. I not sure how I over looked this thread and wish i had seen it a few days ago. oh well at least problem is sorted now.

If you need any help or need someone to do webpage stuff in future then feel free to let me know as I should be able to help. I not sure how I over looked this thread and wish i had seen it a few days ago. oh well at least problem is sorted now.

i thought it was sorted. a friend is running dial-up, with IE 6, and is having problems with the site displaying properly. i've got another thread now "calling all mac users and dial-up users" if you want to have a look. i wish there was a good cross-browser test site that tests functionality. i tried browserpool, but it will only display the top half of any page so i'm not able to test the functionality even though it says you can.