WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.42
  • Content Count:  44,691
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Iowa Republicans will caucus this evening in the wake of a startling turnaround in the electoral fortunes of John McCain. A new poll from Pew Research places the Arizona senator, whose chances have been written off repeatedly in the last 12 months, as the national Republican front-runner for the first time in a year.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/nysun-com-p...1-v-8128439911/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Is Iowa a swing state or something? I can't imagine anyone with any sense liking him. As if his voting record isn't bad enough I think he has a shifty underhanded look about him. I simply don't trust the man.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

Is Iowa a swing state or something? I can't imagine anyone with any sense liking him. As if his voting record isn't bad enough I think he has a shifty underhanded look about him. I simply don't trust the man.

Are you talking about McCain?

I can't imagine anyone describing McCain with words like "shifty", "underhanded", or untrustworthy.

On a side note, yes Iowa is a swing state.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I bought my very first swing in Iowa.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

How much was paid to the owner of the media markets to have them say print this?

Why do you guys not like McCain?

The fact that he does not always vote the party line, is something of a maverick, and takes unpopular positions when he thinks its the right thing to do is indicative of someone that is trustworthy, is not shifty, and is not underhanded.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The fact that he does not always vote the party line, is something of a maverick, and takes unpopular positions when he thinks its the right thing to do is indicative of someone that is trustworthy, is not shifty, and is not underhanded.

I do not not like McCain. I think that a lot can be said about his military record and his experience as a POW. Much love and many props in that area. However, as a avid reader and watcher of the political arena and media, I heard that the Republican Party was scrambling trying to find a candidate that would be some kind of force to at least give and or beat Hiliary Clinton. Former Mayor Rudy G. was their best hope until he fell off. McCain has sought the parties' election for at least 2 other Presidential nominations and has fallen short. For some reason, I would guess the party didn't like him based on his voting record. I suspect that some of his principals more closely align themselves with Democrats. Anyway, after nearly one and a half years of campaigning, the Republicans, who are extremely wealthy and own many major companies and corporations (big business), realized that if they didn't back him or somehow swing the pendulum sp.?...they just might not win the election.

I do not not like McCain. I think that a lot can be said about his military record and his experience as a POW. Much love and many props in that area. However, as a avid reader and watcher of the political arena and media, I heard that the Republican Party was scrambling trying to find a candidate that would be some kind of force to at least give and or beat Hiliary Clinton. Former Mayor Rudy G. was their best hope until he fell off. McCain has sought the parties' election for at least 2 other Presidential nominations and has fallen short. For some reason, I would guess the party didn't like him based on his voting record. I suspect that some of his principals more closely align themselves with Democrats. Anyway, after nearly one and a half years of campaigning, the Republicans, who are extremely wealthy and own many major companies and corporations (big business), realized that if they didn't back him or somehow swing the pendulum sp.?...they just might not win the election.

But why do you not like McCain? Is it simply because he does not always vote the party line? (I am not trying to be combative, just curious.)

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I don't like him because of where he stands on some important issues. I could care less about "party line" where selecting a president is concerned. And YES, to me he has that shifty, underhanded LOOK about him. I am not saying he IS shifty and underhanded, only that he doesn't LOOK trustworthy.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

You'll find most Conservatives not liking him. :noidea:

He is more of a Moderate than a Conservative.