WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My personal opinion is, if you are going to vote for him you are someone who votes based on one issue.

Otherwise, the rest of us who recongnize his many faults will quickly reconsider and look at the rest of the candidates.

Unfortunately, with the choice of candidates we have -

Several us are still selecting by the "Eeny-meeny-miney-mo" method . . .

If you catch my drift. :emot-highfive:

I certainly understand your frustration, but, the more I read about Huckabee the more I realize there are much better options out there. :blink:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Its not just how you are personally doing. If you ask me, am I content, my answer would be yes. I am, I am happy with my life. However, if you ask me if I am content with the direction of the country, I would answer no, I am not. I would say so not because I am assuming that most people are not content with their lives, but rather because I don't like the state our country is in today.

The fact is, most Americans want peace, for themselves and their country. We don't like war, we certainly don't like war that goes on indefinitely, and we absolutely don't like wars that were unnecessary. Most Americans care about how the world sees us. Most Americans are concerned about the level of greed and materialism in our society today. Most Americans care about the health and welfare of our children, especially those of limited means. We are an individualistic society, but most of us also see us as being in this together and where we see us as being in this together is where we are very dissatisfied with the country. We are sick of different sides personally demonizing those they disagree with. We are sick politicians letting lobbyists write bills and issue talking points. Most of us have more than enough economic sense to not buy into the "class warfare" load of crap being spewed on talk radio. We are sick of politicians pitting us against each other and using those who might live their life different than we do or have different beliefs as a culture war whipping post to stir up narrow margin come election day. We are sick of these cons out here campaigning on fear. Everyone remembers the events of September 11th, 2001, but people are sick of politicians using the event as a way of scaring up votes. Nearly 3000 Americans did not die that day just to give a politician a rhetorical tool or campaign slogan.

I know how I feel about the state of affairs in this country today and I think that most Americans feel the same way I do. I am flat out sick of it. I have had it. I have had it with a president that is so willfully ignorant that he has made us the laughing stock of the world. I am sick of being constantly divided and pit against each other. I am sick of the hatemongers and bigots out there using those that live their life differently than they do as a whipping post. I am sick of the so called "culture war" altogether to be honest with you. I am sick of all the lies, the misinformation, the smearing of people, and the vindictiveness that characterizes our political system today. Most people in this country feel just like I do, I know they do. Its why a guy like Ron Paul raised 20 million dollars this last quarter. Its why Mike Huckabee is the leading candidate in the GOP, not because he is a substantive candidate, but simply because he is a genuinely decent and good man. Its why people are moved to tears at Obama rallies because for the first time in 40 years we have a serious candidate with a message of hope. People want a message of hope and I honestly believe that this year enough people in this country are so sick and tired of the status que that there will be some big changes come November.

Actually, the poll was a personal. subjective, opinion-based one. So, I stand by my assessment; perception is reality to people. Their perception of the the direction the country is headed is driven by the media mostly, and positive news is verboten on mainstream media. When all you hear about are mortgages in default, you begin to think everybody is danger of losing their home. When all you hear about is global warming, you automatically assume it to be true. When all you hear about are the rising rates of cancer, you think you'll get it next. I mean, it's human nature.

You know, it's always tricky assuming you know what "most Americans" feel. How can you or I possibly know what "most Americans" think on an issue when most of them don't what they think themselves because they're blissfully unaware and uninformed? Fact is, "most Americans" are not independent thinkers, as you and I are. I disagree with you on a host of issues, but at least you think for yourself, and that sets you apart from three quarters of American citizens.