WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'd be in favor of changing the comstitution if it would stop this.

There is already a bill in the House to stop anchor babies. It's H1940. I don't know how it's doing.

I give him credit for having the guts to at least say this. It makes sense and should be done, and I say good for him for bringing it up. I just emailed my ultraliberal senators Boxer and Feinstein last month and told them that we should stop this nonsense. Was a waste of my time, but felt good to vent.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

H.R.1940 - Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007

To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth purposes if the person is born in the United State more...s of parents, one of whom is: (1) a U.S. citizen or national; (2) a lawful permanent resident alien whose residence is in the United States; or (3) an alien performing active service in the armed forces

Official: To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth. as introduced.

Short: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007 as introduced.

4/19/2007--Introduced.

May 04, 2007: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law.

Apr 19, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Introduced on Apr 19, 2007

It has been dead since last sprng.

Edited by SanDiegoCA

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Ron Paul has been saying this for years...even back when Huckabee was on the side of illegals. Flipflopping during election year...nothing new.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Pa...L20071204b.html

When he was governor, Huckabee held the following positions on illegal immigration: He supported higher education benefits for children of illegal immigrants, opposed a federal roundup of illegals from his state in 2005, opposed a 2001 bill requiring proof of citizenship to vote in the state, and in 2001, a member of his administration pushed for legislation to grant driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

"I would hope he could be trusted to secure the borders, but given his track record in Arkansas, I don't see the conservative he has portrayed himself to be in Iowa," Jake Files, a former Arkansas state representative and current chairman of the Sebastian County, Ark., Republican Party, told Cybercast News Service.

Now this worries me. I need to know that he means what he is saying. I don't like flip flopping. We have too many career politicians in office as it is. These people running for president need to be fully aware that we are tired of empty promises. Most of the country EXPECTS the borders to be secured. Most of the country EXPECTS a fiscally responsible government. If the government actually cared what the people thought they would have us vote on it rather than looking at polls. These days the people that work the voting stations are volunteers to begin with so it's not like it would cost much to get the peoples opinion. I believe we would be better served if the people voted on these issues rather than politicians masquerading as conscientious representatives. I'm sure you guys feel similarly. Our government is too full of itself to concern itself with the will of the people and has positioned itself to make decisions for us rather than on our behalf. If the government doesn't get its act together I can imagine seeing a lot of huge protests in the future. As I have always said, we need leaders not politicians.

danny, i agree. so far, huckabee is my first choice, but i have to admit i've had some nagging doubts about him since i saw him on hannity & colmes one night. nothing i can really put my finger on though.

as for his change of position, it could be that he has sincerely changed it. i'd like to know WHY his campaign promises don't reflect his record. i haven't seen him flip flop on positions during the campaign, so i'm not ready to discount the possibility that he's simply of a different opinion than he once was. after all, there isn't one of us here who can say we've never changed our minds on some major issue or other. i used to be firmly opposed to making abortion illegal (even though i didn't agree with it, i was for all intents and purposes "pro-choice"), and now i'd very much like for it to be illegal. so if i could sit huckabee down, i'd be saying 'exactly what, in the last seven years, has happened to make you turn around?'