• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

AMEN!!! SBG...

Melioth....the "I AM" is an english translation of a very difficult hebrew phrase.

I AM is just as correct as God.

The NT writers referred to God as Theos because that was the word used by the Greeks for God.

All are correct if you theology lines up with the Scripture.

Did you read those verses I posted?

What do you think they mean?

Steve

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smuse

Enoch or Melioth,

Is your lord the same as our Lord, Jesus Christ, who says that we must obey His commands if we say that we love Him and if you study the Scriptures you will see that wherever the Holy Spirit moved the Scriptures were soon revealed. God does not move anyone into ministry without equiping him or her, especially in the Word of God. There are many spirits out there that are ready and willing to call and lead you, especially if you are not grounded in His Word. You have zeal but not much knowledge of the Word: Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Maybe if you had a better knowledge of the Scriptures and used the wisdom spoken of in 2 Timothy 2:23-26 which is at the bottom of this post you might go far in your attempt to communicate.

Steve Muse

Eastern Regional Watch

Guest Enoch
Enoch, you lack sincerity and credibility. I can't speak for brother George but your days with this new identity may be numbered on these boards. I suggest this... QUIT playing games son

Who is playing games.

Well I doubt my new id will be around for long... I know that... but I will be back.

I find it un-christianly to block someone seeking the truth. Thats all I am doing.

I have to say in this post...

I have been deeply wounded by the reactions I have been getting off this board.

Jesus taught us to love, and not to judge... mostly to love your enemy.

If I am seen as an enemy of this board... Then I am deeply sorry that you perceive me this way.

But forgive me

Love me

Pray for me.

You have zeal but not much knowledge of the Word: Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge

This is why I seek guidance.

I admit to my hot headed nature... hence why I doubt our Lord (we all serve the same God (capital, I may have my reasons however week but I think that to show my good faith I will submit to this) would use one as I for ministry.

Melioth....the "I AM" is an english translation of a very difficult hebrew phrase.

I AM is just as correct as God.

The NT writers referred to God as Theos because that was the word used by the Greeks for God.

All are correct if you theology lines up with the Scripture.

Did you read those verses I posted?

Valid point, I just... I just hate the idea of constraining something so great with a human term. Its a weak reason I admit but its MY reason.

And yes I did read those verses...

Can I have some more time to consider them... I want to study...not rush in... Im going to run with wisdom and not zeal this time brother...

Guest Enoch

smuse.

Gently instruct me, you seem wise.

Since I feel God sent me to this page perhaps you where ment to make an impact.

Please email me with a starting point.

I would ask you to PM me but I fear my account wont last that long.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Interesting -

I was just reading a reflection on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (The whole article can be read by clicking here .)

This review was sharing on the palantir, the magical communication orbs (for lack of a better description) seen in the books and in the movies. In the books, which is not explained in the movies, Saruman became corrupted from Sauron's influence through the palantir and Denathor (Steward of Gondor) likewise became poisoned in his mind by his own use of a different palantir in his possession. The reviewer had this to say concerning them:

But finally, the big lesson for Tolkien is that there simply are things bigger than us that we can't grasp, that we can't control; and that, if we meddle with them, we may be placing ourselves in grave danger. In Tolkien's mind, no doubt, such things included the mechanisms of war and the workings of atomic physics. Also, no doubt, he was considering things proscribed by Scripture: necromancy, invoking spirits, astrology. The point is not that these things are necessarily evil in themselves; but that, like the palantir, we can't always be sure of the powers behind such things, whether good or ill -- and we are quite likely less well-equipped than we think to resist such powers.

Tolkein himself had this to say about them - through Gandalf:

"Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves."

Something to think about. :rofl:

Edited by nebula

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

It can't be a calling if it is not Biblical. If it is Biblical please inform me so that I can see properly. If this is something that I need to consider please set me straight according to Scripture.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Guest smuse

Thanks Nebuchadnezzar,

Ephesians 6:10-17

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

The issue I was talking to Mel about was whether we are to take up an offensive battle and duke it out with the enemy or take a defensive posture with the full armour of God and have out Father fight the battle as we stand.

If anyone can show me where we are to take up arms against all the hordes of hell as Christians, please do. I used to believe that with all my heart and not an ounce of Scriptural understanding. The fights that Paul refers to are all in the mind as we look at 2 Corinthians 10:3-6; 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.

In Ephesians 6:10-17 we see our weapons are the truth, righteousness, the Gospel, faith, knowing salvation, and the Scriptures; all battles of the mind and understanding. Paul says we are in a war over the territory of our minds, which are attacked through false teaching, false doctrines, false prophecy, heresies, the philosophies of men and the doctrines of demons. We are called to submit to God (obey) and resist the Devil and he will flee, period. Many sincere Christians are led into a hyper-spiritual, sensory battle which looks good but in reality goes nowhere and actually gives glory to the wrong source.

Steve Muse

Eastern Regional Watch

Guest mcm42
I know everyone has their own views.. but if melioth is doing something for the greater good and belifes he is making a difrence then who has he right but an angel or god himself to tell him to stop? we all have our own ways in dealing with these demons some more direct than others but each and every one of them just as helpful

I would extrace the word angel from that statement. Visions, Dreams, "angels" are not where we look for answers, but only in the Word of God. Know this if you saw it in a dream, and it doesn't line up with Scripture, then it wasn't from God, no matter how majestic, how beautiful or how glorious, it was against the Holy Scripture and that makes it wrong.

I have done very little study, so as not to waste my time, in this area and I have come to a few conclusions.

1. What is the difference between a crazy man and a demon possessed man? I do not know the difference, and do not have the wisdom to discern such things.

2. If I could identify a demon, so what, when did God give us the power to do such things? Things that only the apostles and Christ himself were ever spoke of doing? When were we given such powers, and for what reason?

3. The greates battle you can fight, is not one of throwing sticks and stones at things you think you see, blurry vision, and wierd pictures, shadows and the sort. Rather the greatest battle is that of winning souls to christ. No need for excorcism here, only the word of God which is all the POWER we need.

If I want a "demonic spirit" to come out of a man, I'll Give him the gospel, and let the Holy Spirit work his thing. If I see a Spirit outside of a body, so what? It will do no good for the kigdom to do anything... that spirit is already fallen, let God handle it, is not of your concern.

So the greatest demon you can fight is the one of unbelief. GO and spread the gospel and stop playing Dungeons and Dragons... this is of no benefit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

mcm42,

I think you are exactly correct!!

Steve

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

God has given to his Church, the living blocks of his Heavenly Kingdom, many gifts, each member has a unique anointing from God.

1 Cor 12

(((But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.)))

When God has given you an anointing or special gift there are always going to be those who fight it. Those who don