• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Well Neb, respectfully, that has got to be the most irrelevant follow-up post I have read.

What Meliott expressed is not a gift of the Spirit as recorded in the NT.

There is not Scriptural support for seeking out encounters with demons.

If you had read my post from the Apostle Peter and Jude it is pretty clear we are not to blaspheme them or attack them. We are to flee the devil. Again, we are admonished to flee!!!! Deception is all you will reap if you seek encounters with angels and demons. This does not mean that believers will not encounter them. We have weapons when we do. But we must carefully judge what we see and encounter by the light of Scripture. Not by our experiences.

God chose not to tell us much about demons and angels because of the obvious facination we have with them. Our focus is to verical to God and horizontal towards our fellow human beings.

Meliott may grow up to be a great warrior. But he will find that power and greatness on his knees with a towel and wash basin.

- Steve

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Many people have gifts of discerning Spirits and many can cast out these Spirits with the Power of God. There is a long history in the Church of ministries along these lines.

You have to watch that in a self-righteous and know it all Spirit you condemn others whom God might be leading in a direction that you have shut yourself off from. You don't want to put God in a very tiny box with extremely limited powers and think Christians should be quaking in their boots with fear of the devil. Many Churches afraid of evil spirits have eliminated any Spirits, even the Holy Spirit and are dead. But

Guest happygirl

well demons are real and it doesnt matter if you want to be confronted with one or not. God has, at least five times, opened my eyes into the spiritual realm and i have encountered fallen angels demons. Each time I was given authority to send them away. Just a word will do the word resurection will send them running lol. No i dont look for devils or angles. All of the times I have had encounters I was just minding my own buisness and then boom I see spiritual things. It has happened at Pizza hut while dining with friends after church at a mexican restaurnat dining again with friends from church at a get toghether with friends from church. Just little stupid demons I call them they do not frighten me they know of whom I am representing here on earth. The demons know more about our authority as beleivers tham most chridtians do. So if you are called to be a pesron that casts out demons go girl embrace your gift I do. I do not look for demons but when thay appear I take em out. I was given a word one time by someone that knew nothing of my calling. The word was you are a warrior and I am all mighty God do not be intimadated put on your armour. So the best thing I can say to anyone is look up the armor in the bible and put it on. Jesus is our best defense againt the schemes of the enemy.

Just little stupid demons I call them

Neb,

You assume I do not believe in demons. I have been at several exorcisms. I have the gift of discerning spirits. My warning was for seeking out experiences. We are not to "stand in the gap" for unbelievers against demons. We are not to call out to the air in endless rants against satan.

happygirl,

"Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand." 2 Peter 2:11,12

According to Jude not even Michael the Archangel would call satan "stupid".

"But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand..." Jude 1:9,10

Steve

Guest shadow2b
-We are to flee the devil. Again, we are admonished to flee!!!!

-uhhhhhh???STEVE--IT IS THE DEVIL THAT "FLEES"FROM THE CHRISTIAN---

-James.4.vs.7-----

-Submit yourselves therefore to GOD.Resist the devil and he will flee from you...

Ahhh shadow you are right. My brain was not working. Please Please Please I wish to amend the post with resist and the devil will flee.

Resisting is still a far cry from being a "demon buster"....

Thank you for looking out for me when my heart gets ahead of my brain.

Steve

Guest shadow2b
--Ahhh shadow you are right. My brain was not working. Please Please Please I wish to amend the post with resist and the devil will flee.

Resisting is still a far cry from being a "demon buster"....

Thank you for looking out for me when my heart gets ahead of my brain.

Steve

-Heyyy--Bro..ahhhhhhhhh--haaaaaaaaa--SO??YOU DO SUFFER from {losing ones mind-O-cassionally jest like the rest of usses duzz huhh??}OR you'll probably COrrect me & state-{NO ya DUMB shadder--I said mah brain was jest NOT werking--NOT lost huhh??}ahhhh-WeLL--I dint care I jes got ta agg-ree-vate-yOU fer once--haaaa- :wub::t2:

--O.K. YOU iZSA---A-menn-ded--Bro.-& YUP I do AGREE :laugh: :oww: with ya Bro..

-I DINT AD-VO-CATE Arunnin round the werld & abein NO demon-buster neither Bro.. I done had E-nuff EXperiences with de-mons ta last me a liyfe-tyme--That is whuTt caused ME & mah Faithful--lovely Wife{ova-39years-tha.10th}to CRY{literally}out to the LORD-JESUS-YESHUA- to SAVE US-{me on mah very-unstable weak- bended knees}& ya know whuTt??---JESUS-YESHUA-SAVED US--yiiiiiipppppeeeee--yiiiiiiiii--YOooooooooooo---Kiiiiiiii--YAAAAAAAAAA---PRAISE HIS HOLY-NAME--JESUS-YESHUA--HALLELUJAH---

-heyyyyyyy--Steve--Beloved brother ova mine--THAT is WhuTt we brothers & sisters area supposed ta do aint it??LOOK-OUT-FOR--CARE-FOR--PROTECT--PRAY-FOR--PRAY WITH-A-Bro---AIN'T IT???-And besides that YO--HEART--MAH-HEART--OUR HEARTS Usually DO get Ahead of our brains MOST ova the time & theys AIN'T ONE single solitary thang wrong with that--OUR brothers & Sisters will bea lookin OUT FER US---ALL THE TIME- :wub: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

-Sorry bout tha LOoooooooooNG post Bro..I jes done went & losted mah lill-ole brain Again this mawnin--& IZSA in one ova my crAAzZy silly mOOds A-gin--

-GOD-BLESS-&-KEEP-YOU----BRO. ---yo-silly-bro--ME- :t2: -Gary-- :wub:

Guest bjorn to Christ

:t2: I agree that we need to follow the scriptures and to be careful on how we respond to demons. But I also feel we must wake up to the fact that we are in a constant spiritual war. All my life I had these same experiances that some of you talked about. Every since I was 3 or 4 I could feel an evil presence in my room or I would see spirit beings. One spirit I saw, as a 5 year old, had a black robe on and a hood over its head so I could not see its face. Another time, shortly after this I had a dream that I was laying in the middle of our livingroom and several of these guys were chanting and walking in a circle around me. Know remember I was only about five and today I am 47. I knew nothing about witchcraft or Satanism. Today I only had a few sightings and, yes, you do become frozen and can not move when they are over you at night in bed. It is a scary feeling but I say my warfare prayer in my mind and then when I can move again, I call on Jesus Christ out loud and rebuke Satan and the demons do leave. I am so glad that I em not the only one who has had these experiances. Most of my life, no one has ever believed me. Thank You!

Love in Christ and Peace

Guest Judgment and Hope, Isaiah 66

Demons to me are real, but through the faith in Jesus Christ my saviour they have no power over me and that i have power over them. I personally have dreamt of, as far as i can remember, 3 separete demons.To me these dreams at first scared me, as i saw a heard of one particular demons attach many of my friends in a blood bath, and then try to attach me, while i was running to wake myself up. Another instance, i saw the same demon eat a child .As i chased it, i then dreamt of my sister to find that it was a dream of the future between us both in which some horrible experiences happened.Another dream was of 3 separat demons in which one stabed me, as a child, in an eye in the middle of the forid with a pencil.In which i melted down a very rocky stream.This all obviously scared me in which i received pray and giudance over.After all of these years i have come to realise that these dreams may not of been all that bad, as i now see them as warnings to future battles in my life. Dont get me wrong as it did freak me out, and to dwell in these areas only invites the inevitable. It is something not to be messed with.But didnt prophets see beasts in visions or dreams.In saying all of this i personally would leave these experiences in Gods hands and continually search for the truth.I beleive these dreams that i was given was a gift from God and that is were i should leave it.I leave these experiences in Gods hands and pray.For the truth will reveal itself.

Guest bjorn to Christ

:laugh: Amen to that! Satan gets enough recognition as it is. I am thankful though like I said before, in knowing that I am not alone in these experiances. We should all be very aware of Satan's affects he has on the world and nonbelievers, also luke warm Christians. It is time to get ready for battle and down on our knees daily in prayer. Everyday is "one" day closer to Christ return! AMEN ... AMEN!

God Bless - Nancy