IGNORED

Demonic Manifestation and Demonic traits

Guest Melioth

Guest mcm42

Just a few questions...

Did anyone in the Bible ever encounter a demon other than one in a person or animal? Meaning did anyone human ever deal with the devil in the "spiritual realm" as opposed to the "physical realm?" :laugh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of attention here given to demons. I also used to give far too much credit to demons. If a person is afflicted by an unclean spirit, it is a result of either their iniquity or that of an ancestor (back 3 to 4 generations). Unforgiveness is a major block to freedom. I have seen spirits "yelled" out of someone and the person only got worse later (I think because the spirit came back with 7 buddies as per scripture). If the person receiving "deliverance" has not repented and truly changed their ways, DO NOT attempt deliverance.

It is now my experience that God usually prompts true deliverance. The Holy Spirit will prompt or tell someone to lay hands on an individual. I recently was set free of a spirit of doubt and of fear when the Holy Spirit spoke to me thru tongues and then interpretation of tongues. I then went forward to the altar for prayer and was set free. I don't have the heaviness of doubt over me now (not nearly as much) and I had a fears for years (such as an intense fear of germs). I washed hands, checked doors 20 times, would not use public restrooms, and other things. Doctors call this OCD. I say it was a spirit of fear and God set me free. My wife is currently bound by fear / torment (fear hath torment). I had her committed a year ago. She has at least 40 phobias. I have faith that God will free her when He has molded me. I am learning to love her and my son...something I did not learn from my parents. Perfect love casteth out fear. I have noticed that the better I am to her, the better she does. She will be free despite such diagnoses as schizophrenia, OCD, and was prescribed 4 drugs. God spoke to her in a personal prophecy (which I have on tape) and told her she will be free. So I keep hanging onto that. We will have a tremendous testimony one day. Too long a story to share here.

Don't look for demons. Live a righteous life, resist the devil, and pray to God to help you grow strong where you are weak. Grow strong in your armor. Read the Word and listen to music. Fellowship with light rather than darkness. No need to seek demons.

Guest shadow2b
- I had her committed a year ago. She has at least 40 phobias. I have faith that God will free her when He has molded me.

-So sorry you had to have your wife committed--We shared some posts with you a while back{while she was still at home with you}I-believe you may be right Biscuit

the LORD may well be getting YOU settled into HIS ministry for both of you-then will tell you what is needed for your wife's deliverance---Keep praying{IN the SPIRIT}Bro--keep studying GOD'S WORD---BE FILLED to OVER-flowing with HIS WORD & THE HOLY-SPIRIT----Herein is your deliverance & Guidance--I so admire your courage--your dedication to your wife & her freedom---NOT many husbands would stay the course Bro...These ARE perilous times--ALL the more reason to CLING to the LORD & your wife---When GOD has delivered her SHE will be a great-HELPMEET WITH you--FOR you-& because of YOU---PRAISE THE LORD----

Guest roc12

When it comes to demons all we need to ask ourselves is; What did Jesus Do? Did He fight against them? If you read the scriptures of His life, he fought alot with demons of all sorts. We are to learn and act as Jesus did. He is our mentor and leader and commander in chief. He did not go looking for demons, but decerned them when they were presant and took action. I think when a new christian starts to grow spiritually they are facinated in this new power within them to over come such intities as demons, this is fine however, the growing Christian needs to remain focused on Jesus, and before long the facination with demons will outgrow itself as that Christian continues to grow spiritually, afterall, we all start out as babies in Christ. But understand, God does not want us unlearned in the skeems of Satan. He wants us wise, and spiritually strong so when the time comes we will fight, and not run. Dealing with demons can be, and is scary at times. A mature Christian takes charge and is not afraid for the peace of Christ is within Him. Also, if God has called a person into fighting against them, He has also called that person to heal and to witness for Him. We are equipped to do it all in Christ. Remember, it's about Him and not us. God uses us to set captives free. In order to fight effectively we need to clean, confess, repent and remain true to the calling God has gifted us with. If there are any dirt, or uncofessed sin beware. The demons know and will eat a person alive if that person tries to confront them, the unconfessed sin gives the demons "squatters rights" and as long as those rights are not revolked and cleansed the Christian does more harm than good to himself and others. Also, if a person is to fight against demons then understand its a calling, not a decision. God will equipted, and train that person in the things He or She should do, this takes time, time because God has to clean the person first He has called so don't ever go running after things your not ready to handle. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you then follow His prompting and all will go well.

roc

Guest roc12

Also, there is a good book that was written by a New York cop. This man was called into fighting against the evils of the world and has strengthened his faith in Christ to do so. His methods at times seem exaustive yet successful, as a catholic, he doesn't quite understand the full power he has in Christ but this cop does believe, and God is using him. I would suggest reading his book, its up to date and fresh on some of the sceams of Satan. Some of which where discussed here. Books name is: Beware of the night. By Ralph Sarchie.

roc

Guest DaughterOfYah

I have dealt with demonic manifestations many times. But I came from a world of darkness in the occult area. I have to say this is part of warfare, but at the same time we can not afford to glorify it either. From my experience the Word of God is the best defense. On the other hand, I have to believe one of our best defenses is to grow more like Jesus Christ, conform to His image which the devil hates most of all. We do have the victory, it is alread done GLORY! But from time to time I have demonic attacks in a real sense, visual, audible, etc. The Name of Jesus causes demons to tremble. That and the Blood of the Lamb as we are told in Rev. We defeat satan by the Word of our testimony, and the Blood of the Lamb. Getting entangled with constantly thinking we have to battle can get very tricky. Please be very careful that in doing so we don't glorify the fight. Its really not necessary. In heavenly armor we enter the land. Jesus Christ has won the victory for us. We do have to resist the devil, the Word of God says he has to flee. It doesn't say ask the Lord to resist for us, its something we have to do or else He would have told us so. But keep in the foremost part of your mind and spirit, that ONLY the Word of God and walking in the Light, conforming to be Christ like are true ways to wage spiritual warfare. There are those who have to do it on a very regular basis, coming from paganism and knowing about the spirits and the spiritual world. But our defense is the Word of God, the Blood of Jesus Christ and the Word of our testimony. Nothing less, nothing more. May the peace of God keep you as we walk in the Light of Love.

JLynne

• 4 months later...
Guest SavedOn22June03

:t2:

Name is Janet,

I have seen many manifestions, more so when I was into vampirism and witchcraft, I have seen black shadows and their full form, whatever that may be, I have seen them with horns and weapons and they are very ugly! I also have seen them after I got saved On june 22, 2003. But Jesus is Lord and He gave us power over ALL the enemy!

In Jesus

Janet.

Guest SavedOn22June03

Put on the FULL armor of GOD and know your place in Jesus Christ and never be afraid of demons. If you are a child of God. (Born again) Then read the bible all the time and stand firm on His word, I also suggest if you are having alot of demonic problems in your house or around you, clean your house Spiritually, making sure ALL occultic stuff is gone. Trust in the Lord Jesus He will guide you.

I have gone through this and now I have no problems, and if I do sense something or see something I rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ and tell it to leave, and it does. So goes with temptations, tell it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. But first accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, get that protection of His blood and power. Jesus is Lord!!

God bless.

In Jesus.

Janet :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I will start out with the verses below.

Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. Acts 19:14-17

These Several men failed to driver out ONE Demon for several reasons, one of them is becasue they were using the name of Jesus as if they were calling upon a genie, secondly they adjured them by Jesus whom Paul preacheth, This statement alone shows that they do not have Christ within their hearts neither do they know Him personally. Excorcising demons requires Faith in Jesus alone and only by His name alone and none other. Also fear is another reason why many fail to cast out devils along with poor Spiritual discernment, demons can easily discern fear within people much easier than man, perfect love casts out ALL FEAR, if one is perfected in Love, that is the Love which is found in Christ Jesus, then it is much easier to cast out demons. Demons usually recognize by their unclean spirit the spirit of those who are servants of God and are able to also call the servant of God by name. The Movie "Exorcist" displays poor demonstration of True exorcising of demons, regardless if one is possessed by many.

One or Several demons have no power or authority over the Believer or Child of God if that Child of God puts their Trust FULLY on Christ and believes that Christ is in COMPLETE CONTROL!!! The demon will depart within an instant and will not take hours upon hours such as displayed in the Movie "Excorcist"where the Catholic priest took nearly forever to drive the demons out.

Luke 9:42 - And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

Either you are able to drive the demons out that instant or uou are not able to drive them out at all, Jesus at time said unto His followers"According to your faith it will be done! "

Sometimes the demons will even test the Believer to see if He/She cringes to see if fears is present so that they can overpower and overcome the person.

And these signs shall follow them that {believe}; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17,18

God Bless! :il: