IGNORED

Bible as a science text book

Lcash

Guest aworldofmanyfools
exodus 20 correlates the number of days of a work week to the number of days of creation. it does NOT, in any way shape or form, correlate the number of HOURS in a current day (or week) to the number of hours in a day at the time of creation.

seriously, what ARE you smoking? has the number of hours in a day changed since the Creation? has the rate of the earth's rotation slowed? what "science" leads to to make such ridiculous statements?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you should grow up and do a little research. the earth's rotation continues to slow every year. google it, kiddo. even YOU should have no problem finding the science behind my statements... would you like some instructions on how to use keywords to search the internet?

Guest aworldofmanyfools
maybe you should grow up and do a little research. the earth's rotation continues to slow every year. google it, kiddo. even YOU should have no problem finding the science behind my statements... would you like some instructions on how to use keywords to search the internet?

from livescience

The first leap second was added in 1972, as technology allowed for more accurate timekeeping, and they were all the rage in the beginning. At least one was added every year between 1972 and 1983 before a slight drop-off in the mid-eighties and nineties.

"And then, in 1999 for reasons still unknown, the rotation of the Earth speeded up a bit, so we haven't had to add a second since then," O'Brian told LiveScience in a telephone interview.

Part of the secret behind Earth's changing speeds is tidal force exerted by the moon, which is responsible for the gradual slowing of our planet's rotation over time. But other slight forces are at work, such as changes in the season, movement of rock in the molten core, and other factors that scientists have yet to uncover.

Seasons, particularly those in the Northern Hemisphere, change the planet's rotational speed predictably during the year. Water evaporates from the sea surface and comes down as rain and snow in the mountains and eventually melts back to the sea.

This creates an effect similar to an ice skater sticking her arms out to slow down a spin, or pulling them close to her body to speed up.

The change is typically miniscule, however.

"By changing we're talking about a millionth of a second per day," O'Brian said. "But long term slowing is due to the moon. It's about 1.5/1000th of a second slower per century. The day is longer today than it was in 1905."

inferring that the days of Creation can be reconciled with "millions of years" of evolution based on a "miniscule" rate of change of the earth's rate of rotation is absurd, your argument again fails

again, God Himself states the duration of the Creation Week, if God wanted to infer vast epochs, He certainly could have done so

we don't know the length of a solar day at the time of creation. but we do know that the miniscule amount at which the earth's rotation slows each year, multiplied by however many millions of years scientists believe the earth has existed, IS VERY significant. especially when you consider that as the earth and moon have drawn closer over the millenia, the rate at which it slows down changes also,.

this argument may very well have more weight to it (no pun intended) than your willing to consider. and apparently i'm not the first to consider it. googling it recently i came across an article (though not by anyone considered to be an expert, so i won't bother quoting or linking), in which the author apparently is better at math than i am, and actually ran the calculations, adjusting for all the variables, and drew the conclusion that the length of a solar day in the earliest years was less than half of what it is now. his opinion was based only on mathematical calculations and the guy didn't have a dog in this fight... he didn't have any mention whatsoever of creationism, or of God, or anything like that. he was just doing the math.

i know you're new here, but to come on this board throwing about things like "what are you smoking" and saying that the notion that the earth's rotation has slowed is ridiculous (a statement i'm still waiting for you to retract given that you just followed my suggestion and quoted an article which confirms that the earth's rotation DOES INDEED slow) makes you look very young, very hot-headed, and very foolish.

Guest aworldofmanyfools
we don't know the length of a solar day at the time of creation. but we do know that the miniscule amount at which the earth's rotation slows each year, multiplied by however many millions of years

stop right there

GOD...the Creator...the Source of all knowledge we have about origins, NOT whimsical human understanding, spoke to Moses FACE TO FACE about 4,000 years ago in the giving of the Law and stated that He created the heavens and the earth in six days, then stated that humans should do their work in the same alotted time period, got it? therefore, either God was lying, because GOD certainly knows how to articulate vast epochs, or "millions of years" in a mythical human construct of the last few centuries

you're using an double-minded, idolatrous standard here of attempting to blend the Word of God and human speculations...it's doesn't work, and it's FOOLISH...the wise of this world are "coming to NOTHING" I Corinthians 3, their flapping gums will be silenced for all eternity in hell

so, I think you need to seriously get your priorities in line, sister, you're not much differnet from the secular agnostics on this forum, and heaven knows there are FAR too many of them, they all would have banned months ago if I was running this board

Edited by aworldofmanyfools

you're not just a fool, you're a selfrighteous hypocritical lying fool.

i believe 100% in what scripture says, i believe without a doubt that the earth was created in six days and that God rested on the seventh. never once have you read anything that i have said that contradicts any of that and yet you sit here on your little self imposed throne saying my priorities are out of line, that i'm double minded and idolatrous.

nothing i have said contradicts scripture. it does, however, introduce a theory of how the scriptural account AND the scientific account of how many years earth has been around actually could be one and the same. it's simply a matter of fact that we tend to see time as a constant, and it is NOT. you, like some other newbie who probably brought you here, want to put God in a tiny little box. the concept that the earth's rotation has been slowing from the day God created earth is something you totally reject because science is involved.

let me tell you what i told him. there is NO scripture ANYWHERE that says the days were 24 hours in length. none. and yet i have given scriptural support for the probability that they were NOT 24 hours as they are now.

news flash... while the scientific community tends to view the bible as fantasy, science itself is not always at odds with God's word.

so i'm not going to waste anymore time with you. you come in here making all sorts of accusations that are totally unfounded, thinking you are wise beyond your years. i don't know how many years you have behind you, but you're coming across like a temperamental child. that's what happens when someone leans on their own understanding.

ps, it's nice to know that someone with a whole eight posts on this forum thinks they know how this board should be run. why don't you pm george, or any of the mods, and tell them what a lousy job they're doing letting some "secular agnostic" like me post here.

secular agnostic. :noidea: i've been accused of many things in my life, but THAT is certainly a first!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

LadyC, I'm fairly certain that aworldofmanyfools is immovabletruth, just with a new account.

Guest youropinion
you're not just a fool, you're a selfrighteous hypocritical lying fool.

fortunately, your opinion of me is irrelevant, "sister"...and you're also a hypocrite to resort to childish name calling

i believe 100% in what scripture says

liar

it's simply a matter of fact that we tend to see time as a constant, and it is NOT. you, like some other newbie who probably brought you here, want to

put God in a tiny little box.

I'm not putting God in a box, I'm taking His Word at face value, and you're playing games with it...why? you're an idolater, the words of men are more important than the Word of God

the concept that the earth's rotation has been slowing from the day God created earth is something you totally reject because science is involved.

let's dispense with this garbage, there is no science that indicates the length of time of a day has significantly changed since the time Genesis and Exodus were written down by Moses (and the time God spoke to Moses)...your confused mind is so filled with the dogma of vast imaginary epochs you can no longer think straight, you are force fitting the answer here, arbitrarily assuming the days of creation can represent m/billions of years, but you have no scriptural basis for saying that...do you really think Paul thought the Days of Creation represented vast epochs? using your twisted logic, how we know Christ wasn't in the grave "millions of years"? how do we know the 1,000 year Kingdom still promised to Israel is not really "millions of years"? heck, why not just insert your own jacked up ideas into any scripture that specifies a time period? go wild! your position is exceedingly dangerous and a mockery of the clear testimony of God

a day in the scripture is a day, one earth rotation day, it's always been that, at least in this age...the idea that God waited millions of year to create Adam

and "get things wound up" is just stupid...I suppose when the present age is concluded and the heavens and earth are destroyed, God will need a few more

"millions of years" to get things going again as all the saints and angels look on, do I have that right? get a grip...

but you're coming across like a temperamental child. that's what happens when someone leans on their own understanding.

ah, the peerless irony of that statement

Edited by youropinion

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

Dude, you again? You do realize you will continue to be banned until you learn to not insult others.

Being over-zealous (as you put it earlier) is no excuse for outright rudeness, and calling a sister in Christ a liar.