By Jesus Stripes I'm Healed!

ladygirl21

Healing  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Healing?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
  2. 2. What can you do to encourage someone else who doesn't believe in healing?

• Tell them about Christ
    • Make up something
    • Direct them to a bible verse
    • Encourage them to pray
  3. 3. How Can you make a difference?

• Help some one who is sick
    • introduce someone to Christ
    • Pray for some body
    • All the above

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I also refer to this one..

Mark 6:4-6

4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

Jesus could not, do any works there because of their unbeilef! Could not! Not did not (want to)!

Also,

Hebrews 3:12

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I also refer to this one..

Mark 6:4-6

4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

Jesus could not, do any works there because of their unbeilef! Could not! Not did not (want to)!

Also,

Hebrews 3:12

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

INDEED!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I believe in Divine healing as opposed to faith healing. I have experienced it, seen it happen among God's children. Those types of incidents that can have only one explanantion...Divine supernatural healing. I would like to however to challenge the use of the Scripture "by His stripes we are healed". It is found in two places in the Bible that I can think of right away:

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5KJV

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24KJV

The context of either is physical healing but the result of the spiritual new birth. Many people quote this verse as a power verse to add authority for a request for physical healing. It bothers me when people bend the Scripture that way. Jesus didn't die, so I would never be sick. But again I attest to frequent occurences of physical healing of the saints of God. But some TV evangelist reading these verses and tell me it is promised if I just have faith in these verses is guilty of isogesis.

Ok...lets start with verse 4 in Is. 53..."Surely He hath borne our grief, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."KJV If you look up the Hebrew meanings of these words you will see why the following translations translated them as follows:

The Lesser version says "...But only our diseases did He bear Himself, and our pains He carried."

The Basic English version says "...But it was our pain He took, and our deseases were put on Him; while to us He seemed as one diseased, on whome God's punishment had come."

The Masoritic O.T. Version says "...Surely our diseases He did bear, and our pains He carried..."

The Rotherham version says "Yet surely our sicknesses He carried, and as for our pains he bare the burden of them."

The Byington version says "But in fact it was our sicknesses He was carrying, our pains He was loaded with."

The Goodspeed version says "Yet it was our sicknesses that He bore, our pains that He carried."

Seems to me that God planed for Jesus to take on pain and sickness and disease on the cross so that we wouldn't have to deal with that burden...is sickness a burden? I belive it is if God dosn't want us to deal with it.

Now we get into "by His stripes we are healed." By His stripes...meaning His phisical affliction...the sickness and pain he took on for us...by them we are healed. This has everything to do with phisical healing. Let me ask a question...and you really need to know and have a revelation on Spirit, Soul, and Body to answer this correctly. Do our spirits need healing? Or do they need to be born again or made new (2 Corinthians 5:17)???? Ezekiel gives reference to the new birth of mans spirit.

Ezekiel 11:19 "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh."

Ezekiel 18:31 "Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

Ezekiel 36:26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

You don't go out and buy a brand new car and call it your old beat up one and say that you fixed up your old one...no it is a brand new car...totally different from your old one...not even the same thing...the old one is history...it's totaled...never to be fixed again...never to be healed...it's gone and now you have the new one. Make sence?

same thing with our spirit man...apart from Christ, it dosn't need healing...it needs to be replaced with a new one...which is the new birth that the bible talks about. Ok so our spirit dosn't need healing so Is. 53:5 must be talking about either our soul or our phisical body. Well, does our soul, which is our mind, will, and emotions, need healing? well I go to Romans 12:2 for this answer. "Do not be conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." So our soulish realm needs to be renewed then...would you call that healing???? I guess you could say that God's word is healing to our soul or "a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105)...but given the context of Is. 53:4-5...I would say that "by His stripes we are healed" is leaning more toward our phisical healing.

Ok I know that's a boat load but it is something to dwell on always the more. :)

In Christ,

J

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/31/1966

A lot of people have something in life that they doubt. Even though many times I hear, By Jesus Stripes I'm Healed I have recently learned to doubt in God as being a healer. He allowed my mother to die of breast cancer and he gave my brother a choice to commit suicide. So I have great doubt in this area. I some times think of suicide but I do not like to talk about this for this is a personal matter and a personal fight within me.:whistling::noidea: I dont know if other people believe in healing and why? But I most certaintly don't! :whistling:

When we don't know the reason for something happening, it's easy to try to put the blame onto someone else. I had someone I knew commit suicide recently. He had strayed away from the faith but it was still a shock to learn of it.

So is God responsible for the suffering we endure? There are 2 types of healing. Physical and Spiritual. I believe in the latter. But interesingly Spiritual healing can help our physical bodies. There is a verse in Proverbs 14:30, " A calm heart is the life of the fleshly organism, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones." The 2nd part has been proved true medically. If you want to shorten your life, become a bitter and twisted person. Then you will have all the illnesses you can shake a stick at. But if we respond to Scriptual advice we get a calm heart, peaceful sleep and no troubled consciences. That is better than any physical cure. Because there are some things that cannot be stopped. God is not responsible for the pain of losing someone we love and care for. We are all dying. But a relationship with God is worth so much more. It is priceless. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

I believe in Heaven were going to be like Christ, but down here we are going to suffer that encludes death. I believe that Jesus took the keys of heaven and hell, but he has not yet over come death all together. That is why they say he's coming back to raise the dead first. He hasn't quite finished overcoming death.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I believe in Heaven were going to be like Christ, but down here we are going to suffer that encludes death. I believe that Jesus took the keys of heaven and hell, but he has not yet over come death all together. That is why they say he's coming back to raise the dead first. He hasn't quite finished overcoming death.

Christ not yet overcoming death? :whistling: What make you believe that? :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

I think many people like me doubt because it is so painful to experience the life where God could have healed someone and didn't instead he takes there lives. Even if they are 19 or 46 he doesn't care honestly. When you get sick it just may be God saying I'm bout to call you home.

:rolleyes:

I've determined in my heart that God can't lie...that nips that doubt right out of you.

You're right, God does not lie.

But everyone has that inkling of doubt. It's a part of human nature. You can't get away from it.

I know God's real. I know Christ died for my sins. Nothing anyone can say will ever convince my otherwise.

Peter walked and talked with Christ on a daily basis. He saw the miracles and wonders performed by Christ...yet he still sank into the sea.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for anyone to perform a miracle, because it's not, but in the world we live in, those miracles are hard to come by.

If we had faith the size of a mustard seed, we would be able to move mountains....I don't see anyone doing that.

Why is there always that doubt in the back of your mind? it is part of human nature to follow the five phisical sences. that is what faith is for...to overcome those sences...and it comes by hearing and hearing by God's word (Rom. 10:17). If you were believing God for $50 to help pay for a new bible and you finaly got the $50...would you walk out of the book store, with your new bible in your hand, doubting that you would every get that bible? It's in your hands...why would you doubt??? The answer is obviously that you wouldn't have anymore doubt. That is why it is so important to abide in God's word (John 8:31-32)...to know what we allready have in our hands so that there isn't any doubt at all because we are commanded in James 1:6 to ask in faith with no doubting. Faith and doubting are opposits and we have to walk in one or the other. God wants us to walk in faith (Heb. 11:6).

Your right Peter did walk with Christ daily and yet he started to doubt and sink...BUT only when he took his eyes off of Jesus (the Word of God) and onto his circumstances (five phisical sences) did he start to sink. As long as his eyes were upon Jesus, he didn't sink and there was NO DOUBT...not even an inkliing.

Hope this helps :noidea:

In His Love,

J

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I think many people like me doubt because it is so painful to experience the life where God could have healed someone and didn't instead he takes there lives. Even if they are 19 or 46 he doesn't care honestly. When you get sick it just may be God saying I'm bout to call you home.

:th_praying:

Greetings ladygirl,

I pray this helps. First, God dosn't take our lives from us...He is a giver of life. second, According to His word in 1 Peter 2:24 "who [Christ] Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness - by whose stripes you were healed." "were" is past tense meaning Christ took on every sickness and pain known and not yet known to man kind on the cross for us. meaning we don't ever have to deal with it again...God allready healed us...Jesus said it is finished...He dosn't have to heal anyone today because he allready has on the cross. We see a prophecy of this over in Isaiah 53:4.

The Masoritic O.T. Version says "...Surely our diseases He did bear, and our pains He carried..."

The Rotherham version says "Yet surely our sicknesses He carried, and as for our pains he bare the burden of them."

The Byington version says "But in fact it was our sicknesses He was carrying, our pains He was loaded with."

The Goodspeed version says "Yet it was our sicknesses that He bore, our pains that He carried."

Why would God put something that He has taken away from us and put it right back on us? Why would he bare all of that sickness and pain for us if He was going to have us go through it and deal with it anyway? would that make sense to you?...if it dosn't, that is because you're smart and you have some common sense. So the doctrin that "God put's sickness on people and takes them home at their time" is one you can lable "FALSE DOCTRIN." It is a lie from the devil. he is good at lying...that is what he does best.

We also see in Galatians 3:13 that "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us..." "the curse of the law" can be found in Deuteronomy 28 starting in verse 15. obviously sickness and disease is part of that curse. So Christ has redeemed us from sickness and disease. Again...why would God put anything on us that He has redeemed us from?

so the question arises..."if God want's us to walk in health, then why are so many people dying from sickness and disease...christians even?" Believe it or not...God tells us why in His Word. There are four reasons that I have found to be true.

1) Due to a lack of knowledge. Hos 4:6 says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." This is why God want's us to crave His word so much because knowledge comes from Him and the main way He talks to us is through His word.

2) Due to not mixing faith with their situation. Heb 4:2 says "For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." Romans 10:17 tells us that "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." So again being in God's word and knowing His word is crusial in walking in His will for you life.

3) Due to embracing Tradition Rather than Truth. Mark 7:13 "...making the word of God of no effect through your tradition which you have handed down." Can you see how important it is to know God's word and to rightly divide it? A lot of religion and denominations have led a lot of people away from God's truth. It is sad to say but it is true.

4) Due to hearing but not doing. James 1:22 "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." A lot of deception comes from people simply not doing His word...hearing it but not doing it. It opens the door to lies and false doctrin sounding like they might be true. because they don't do His word, they don't know how to throw out those false doctrins and they eventually take them as truth and then it becomes a stronghold and pretty soon nothing, not even God's word, can convince them that it is a lie.

In all of this, I am not putting down anyone that might have died at a young age. I am simply telling you what God has to say about the matter. It is easy to get caught up in the business of everyday living that these things can creep up on you. The cure...a daily doesage of God's word and rightly dividing it.

The truth...God wills that all walk in wholness of life and that all walk in health. 3 John 2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health , just as your soul prospers." There are so many other verses that can prove this...if you want me to show you more im me or e-mail...you can find my e-mail on my profile.

Keep hard in His word and He will be a light unto your path and a lamp unto your feet (Ps. 119:105)

In Christ,

J