IGNORED

Climate Set for 'Sudden Shifts'

Many of Earth's climate systems will undergo a series of sudden shifts this century as a result of human-induced climate change, a study suggests.

BBC Article

I don't want to start a debate, but to point out something here. Global Warming didn't get enough press, so now we have: Human-Induced Climate Change. The same stuff, repackaged. I've noticed the whole global warming issue now has a new name in an increasing number of articles.

What's the new name for: carbon tax? :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

Many of Earth's climate systems will undergo a series of sudden shifts this century as a result of human-induced climate change, a study suggests.

BBC Article

I don't want to start a debate, but to point out something here. Global Warming didn't get enough press, so now we have: Human-Induced Climate Change. The same stuff, repackaged. I've noticed the whole global warming issue now has a new name in an increasing number of articles.

What's the new name for: carbon tax? :thumbsup:

Okay, we've had "ice age" and "global warming" - why don't they come up with something positive like....uhm uhm.... "spring age" then they can blame it on "flower power" :emot-highfive: (they'll probably then blame the Beatles or someone? :36::36::emot-highfive: ) :24:

Do You Want To Know A Secret? I've Got A Feeling It Won't Be Long. Isn't It A Pity?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Poor China would love to have a little "global warming" right about now.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

Poor China would love to have a little "global warming" right about now.

Why don't we just send them some of our politicians along with the hot air they generate?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/29/1981

Do you know why they changed it from Global Warming to Climate Change? Statistics show the earth hasn't heated up in since 1998, which is the hottest year on record, so now they can pin ANY weather abnormality on "Climate Change" Pretty hard to convince people that blizzards are caused by Global Warming, but man-made Climate Change on the other hand.... very sneaky. :emot-hug:

Do you know why they changed it from Global Warming to Climate Change? Statistics show the earth hasn't heated up in since 1998, which is the hottest year on record, so now they can pin ANY weather abnormality on "Climate Change" Pretty hard to convince people that blizzards are caused by Global Warming, but man-made Climate Change on the other hand.... very sneaky. :wub:

That's pretty much my thinking too. They can get more press from the new name, and they can blame all the snow China is getting hammered with on it too. Something else to keep an eye on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Rediculous isn't it? That we have the power to change the climate. Climate, something that is defined by unchanging weather patterns for long periods of time, millennia in most cases.

climate

A region's usual weather patterns. The climate at any point on Earth is determined by things such as the general movement of the atmosphere, the proximity of the oceans, and the altitude of the location.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

BBC Article

What's the new name for: carbon tax? :)

Common "Cents" Climate Control "Contributions, . . ." The CCCCC, . . . The Penta-C's, . . .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

To be frank, anytime you breath you change the climate. Anytime move air (just raising your arm), you are changing the climate. Any little fluctuation of air in the right conditions will alter the entire weather pattern down the road. This is why weather predicting is so difficult. Even a 0.0000001 change in variables will have an affect on the future weather (future being several days up to a couple weeks).