IGNORED

Gen 3:6....

Guest LadyC

can someone clarify exactly what gen. 3:6 is referring to? is this saying that from there on out the average lifespan would be 120 years long? and if it does, then how come so many people were still living 7 or 8 hundred years or more?

or is this actually referring to something else and i'm just completely clueless?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

can someone clarify exactly what gen. 3:6 is referring to? is this saying that from there on out the average lifespan would be 120 years long? and if it does, then how come so many people were still living 7 or 8 hundred years or more?

or is this actually referring to something else and i'm just completely clueless?

I am assuming you were referring too 6:3 :emot-partyblower:

I have always understood it that it would be 120 years from that point to the flood.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/31/1966

I am assuming you were referring too 6:3 :emot-partyblower:

I have always understood it that it would be 120 years from that point to the flood.

Yes, you are correct. That is why so-and-so died at 969 years of age and so on.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

oops, yeah, 6:3. my fingers are a bit dyslexic today.

so it's 120 years from that day til the flood... wow, i DID miss that!

The 120 years did not have to do with the liespan of man, (per say), as it was already mentioned it has to do with the time that God allowed the people in the days of Noah to repent before the Ark was built.

In Genesis 6:1-3, we learn that God gave the wicked people of Noah

ever notice (as i veer down a bunny trail) that the day God told noah and his family to leave the ark was the first day of the first month? i just think it's kinda a nice little irony that that is, according to OUR calendar, new year's day....