• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

The will of God is written in The Bible. It starts in Genesis and ends in Revelations.

Why do churches pick and choose what they teach.

How can anyone truly understand God' Will, if they only stay with the NT?

It just doesn't seem fair to not include the whole picture!

Blessings to all

Snowdoove:)

ps. Would someone tell me how to use the clickable Smiles?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hi Snowdoove,

Just double-click on the one you want to use.

I agree with you that God's Will is found in both the Old and New Testaments of His inspired word. God's Will is also manifest in our lives daily through the person and work of the Holy Ghost.

Guest Brother Ben

Your observations show that you are very spiritual and love the Lord bless you  sister.

your questions

Why do churches pick and choose what they teach.

Because they do not love the Lord.  a second reason is that most church goers are being taught that Jesus did away with the commandments. Also they are taught that we should not even try to keep the commandments of God because that is being legalistic.

What did Jesus say about the commandments.

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Please allow me some personal reflection.

When we pray and ask the Lord Jesus to save us we are asking in reality to be one of his subjects one of those that may live in His kingdom. If He is our Lord and King we will be expected to keep His laws and commandments in the eternal state or His kingdom.

Whatever nation or country a citizen is part of, he is required to keep the laws of  that country.It will be the same in the kingdomo of God.

Eccl 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

How can anyone truly understand God' Will, if they only stay with the NT?

They cannot. Simple as that.  But if one truly loves the Lord the Holy Spirit will lead that person into the Old Testament.  

Brother Ben Shelah

Guest Fabrice

Isn't the character of Jesus much moredescribed in the Old Testament ?  :P

And many say what Jesus said but not who He was.

I think God's will is all about changing bad into good (blessing). From Genesis to Revelation, God is telling us what to do, and correct us, therefore changing our bad manner into a blessing.

It would be impossibleto understand the NT without knowing the Old one. It's absurd for me.

A lot of the key points that Paul and Jesus said was first in the Old Testament. And doesn't the Bible say Jesus came to accomplish the Law ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FishMan

Brother Ben, I trust that you are not suggesting that Christians are required to keep the Mosaic law. If this is what you believe, look into Galatians when you get the chance.

However, I am with those of you who are sick and tired of churches "picking and choosing" the parts of the Bible they want to consider, teach, practice, etc.

The OT does indeed point us to Jesus every step of the way, and studying this central truth has been such a blessing to me and would encourage others to do the same.

:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

Just for clarification's sake, I will add my 2c.

Without having a grasp on the NT, the OT remains in darkness. Jesus came to dispel the darkness that covered men's eyes and mind under the OT. The NT is what brings light to the OT.

I love the OT, because there is so much that gives depth and meaning to the NT, but we must see Christ written on every page of the OT, otherwise we are missing the boat.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I too think that MORE of the WHOLE Word of God should be preached from our pulpit, however, unless a person is willing to remain in one church for a few years and be faithful in attendance to Sunday School, Church and other times of teaching, how does one know whether their particular church does or does not teach the Whole Word of God.

In the churches I have attended it seems that too many young and old will attend church services, but much fewer will attend Sunday School or other services. Then those who are NOT INVOLVED complain that they are NOT receiving the WHOLE Word of God. I wonder why?

I would say that for the most part, we are EACH responsible to see to our own "training and upbringing in the Lord". A baby Christian must have a tutor or a discipler, but once some measure of maturity has come, THEN they must take on more of the responsibility for their own maturation and less dependent upon men. We see by the example of Paul that he spent many years in the desert BY HIMSELF, learning from the Lord. Fortunately this doesn't have to always be the case, but it certainly is noteworthy that Jesus is willing to teach you HIMSELF, if you allow Him.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1John 2:23  :thumb: