IGNORED

Did anyone disciple you when you got saved?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

My Youth Pastor (at the time) mentored me greatly...I actually still keep in touch with him to this day :emot-handshake:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Ddavid said:

Would not a genuine conversion make the person aware they need someone to be accountable to? Wouldn't they see the need, since humility is how they came to faith?

I suppose circumstance and life experience is important to consider when asking a babe to find within themselves such accountability to others...we cannot assume that the new babe is going to know what they need except they are hungry. A child when they are hungry will eat the easiest thing to get their hands on for a bite of food, even if it lacks nourishment. It is up to the parents or the mature to show them how and what to eat....

Discipleship is indispensible in the life of a new believer. Did anyone take the time to read, pray, and counsel you besides your pastor? Or were you left to motivate yourself and determine how serious you would take your new found faith in the Lord?

No one ever talked to me about Christ....ever.

Me and the Lord kinda found each other and we went from there.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Discipleship is indispensible in the life of a new believer. Did anyone take the time to read, pray, and counsel you besides your pastor? Or were you left to motivate yourself and determine how serious you would take your new found faith in the Lord?

No one ever talked to me about Christ....ever.

Me and the Lord kinda found each other and we went from there.

Man,

If you're comfortable with it,

I would really like to hear your story!

How it happened.

mike2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Yes.

• Content Count:  286
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

My Mom

I gave my life to Jesus when i was still a wee little girl with the help of my dear parents. They were and still are the ones I still look up to where it comes to being a true child of God. Although dad went home last year, he was the person I always thought, this is how God is only better.

My mom is still my spiritual mentor. if I have questions, feel worried, feel far from God, she's the first person I contact.

Thank God for parents like them.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

My Mom

I gave my life to Jesus when i was still a wee little girl with the help of my dear parents. They were and still are the ones I still look up to where it comes to being a true child of God. Although dad went home last year, he was the person I always thought, this is how God is only better.

My mom is still my spiritual mentor. if I have questions, feel worried, feel far from God, she's the first person I contact.

This is ideal...I wish that is the way it worked for everyone

• Content Count:  286
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

My Mom

This is ideal...I wish that is the way it worked for everyone

I'm trying to give my children the same example which mom and dad gave us. I thank God for the privilege that I have to have an open relationship with my kids, like we have with my mom. They talk to me and hubby a lot about spiritual stuff and also if they want answers. If we can't give them the answers, we refer them to Granny!! :UsA_smilie:

Guest Biblicist

I should be fair to my church.

They knew that my mother was a Christian, with pastor brothers, etc. I'm sure they assumed that she did my discipling.

I will say this, if you have children who are babes in Christ, don't expect the church to disciple them and guide them in righteousness. That's YOUR job. Getting fed once or twice a week is not enough for them, any more than it is for you.

Think of them as real babies. Would you only feed a baby one day a week, maybe two? Babies need to be fed repetedly throughout the day, every day. So do Babes in Christ. Coddling, loving, guidance, swaddling, correction, holding, hugging....Don't expect someone else take care of your baby. And, Ddavid, that's what that means....

"Train up a child in the way he should go..." Take the responsibiltiy to nurture and guide your child in all righteousness, not just worldly training but spiritual training. The two should be done in tandom.

:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I agree that discipleship is indispensible. Yes, there was a man who did so. I further sought out discipleship with others and was self motivated.