• Birthday:  04/23/1967

Good post Mike. :o:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mscoville

There is no such thing as a "good" person. There can be no morality without God (religion).

~ Martin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

There is no such thing as a "good" person. There can be no morality without God (religion).

~ Martin

If this is the case then what makes an act moral? If you do something merely because you fear retribution or reprisal does that make the you truly moral?

Guest mscoville

I think an act is moral that is in accord with the law of God. None of us are moral people. Even if we are saved and follow God's law, we're righteous in his sight, but not moral, we're still sinners. Only God is moral. Our Moral laws flow from the nature of his being. He is necessarily moral just as he necessarily exists. Why does it matter if you follow the law because of fear or because you love God? Neither would make you moral, our nature is evil. After we're clothed with righteousness we're still possessing that sin nature. What is your stance Cerran?

~ Martin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

~ Martin

If this is the case then what makes an act moral? If you do something merely because you fear retribution or reprisal does that make the you truly moral?

What if we do good in God's eyes and not do evil out of a LOVE for God?

Why do you fear Cerran? Love NOT fear should be our focus, which is to please the Spirit. [Galatians chapters 5 and 6]

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I don't fear, I'm merely pointing out that if you do something because you want reward or fear reprisal it is not a moral act. A truly moral act can only be known when you don't really want to do it, but you do it anyway because you know it is right.

Guest mscoville

Howdy Cerran,

A truly moral act can only be known when you don't really want to do it, but you do it anyway because you know it is right.

I disagree. Any act that follows Gods law is moral, whether you fear or love. I confess that I do both. I do fear God and Love God. That's a good thing, if good exists.

~ Martin