Our Dog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, Sierra, be sure you are praising your dog when you have the baby. This way your dog connects the baby to good times. :rolleyes: Many make the mistake of scolding when holding the baby and then the dog connects the baby to being scolded.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, would you wanna eat raw meat?

No, neither would I want to eat my own feces or eat anything from the kitty litter box, or sniff others rears up close and personal. :emot-hug:

If you cook the meat, you kill alot of the amino acids such as taurine, and you render the bones unsafe to eat. The bones have marrow which is full of good stuff.

Trust me, my dogs LOVE raw meat and bones. Much more than they do kibble. By the way, the underlined words in my above post are links to pictures, just in case you didnt realize. :noidea:

Agapple, I dont want you to be worried my dogs are suffering. I sense you are concerned for them. Please trust that they are in very good hands and I have worked very hard to figure out the best course of treatment for my dogs. Here is a link to how raw feeding helped another dog with epilepsy: http://www.lascruces.com/~dalcrazy/Diet.html We add fish oil and vitamin E to both of our dogs food, and Henry gets kelp as well, to boost his thyroid. His thyroid has been tested several times and is borderline, so I am hoping the kelp helps. He gets more bloodtests done on March 19th, including a thyroid panel that will be done through Michigan State University, and he will have his Potassium Bromide blood levels checked as well, which is a seizure mediciation, and they check to make sure he is getting the right dose of med, or if it needs adjusting. I assure you, me and my husband are bending over backwards to do the best for our dogs. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Nice job Emily, keep up the good work!

Bibs and I had a terrible time with Madera's digestion, and switching her to raw was the best thing...she's gotten very healthy, gained the weight she needed, and is full of bounce like she should be. :emot-hug:

Guest Biblicist

Emily Anne, you crack me up! :emot-hug::noidea:

Applie,

Dogs in the wild eat raw. Living with humans and eating processed dog foods has shortened their lives. Giving them what they were created to eat is so much better for them.

So yes, if I were a dog, I would most definately want to eat raw! Since I am not a dog and my dogs are not human, we do not, nor should we eat the same types of things. Although, they do get the occasional french fry. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

... Although, they do get the occasional french fry. :emot-hug:

Not from me. :noidea:

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay so I think we've figured out our problem.

Jade is just too hyper. The vet is sure that she is just being too active after she eats which is why it comes up, also we were feeding her too much at one time.

So now I feed her twice a day in smaller portions, and wet down with warm water. Following her meal she stays in the front room for half an hour so that her food has a chance to get into her stomach before she bounces around again.

Yesterday she puked once but it was my fault. I let her eat too soon after she came in from playing outside and then forgot about her after she ate and she was prancing around the house which of course resulted in an upchuck. However, the grossest thing of it all is that I was nursing the baby at the time and couldn't get there to clean it up right away and she ate it again lol. Oh well... :thumbsup: