• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Why has the modern church abandoned the Bible? Why are we now excusing it as ok for either gender to be leading when God clearly put men in that role? I know that it's not a matter of inequality; it's that God put men in the leadership role, and we have set that Scripture aside as if it was irrelevant to our society. Why is this acceptable? How do you justify being ok with women leading when it is so clear that men are to lead?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

You said it in a nutshell. There are some who pick and choose which teachings they will adhere to and throw the rest out because they do not mesh with their perviews. There are other "churches" that are dismissive of homosexuality and others abortion and so on. All I can say is that the wolves in sheeps clothing often have the loudest voices and those people who are not well versed are easily swayed and misled. Satan has been hard at work for a very long time creating discention among the ranks of Gods children. Even so, he is unwittingly helping God to separate the wheat from the chaf. We must remain vigilant in pointing out mis interpretations and deviations from scripture by those claiming to represent and/or follow Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

Why has the modern church abandoned the Bible? Why are we now excusing it as ok for either gender to be leading when God clearly put men in that role? I know that it's not a matter of inequality; it's that God put men in the leadership role, and we have set that Scripture aside as if it was irrelevant to our society. Why is this acceptable? How do you justify being ok with women leading when it is so clear that men are to lead?

What Scripture have we set aside???? :whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I can think of this one: 1 Tim 2 : 11 Let the women learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a women to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I can think of this one: 1 Tim 2 : 11 Let the women learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a women to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

oh boy...here we go again. :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

So what caused Paul to say that to Timothy? Do you know the history behind it at all? Do you know what was happening in the church that Timothy was preaching in to cause Paul to say this? Just wondering.

J

Guest Biblicist

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

:whistling::noidea:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

The reason Paul wrote to Timothy regarding the church at Ephesus was to warn him of false doctrine. To encourage him to establish the church acceptable in Gods sight. If you have anything to teach me about this letter, please do share. I am always eager to learn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from General Discussion to Doctrinal Questions