IGNORED

State Passing "Droopy Pants Obsenity Law"

MeCajunboy

I started playing Devil's Advocate here, but more and more I'm starting to wonder if, at least in part, at the root of this is a culture war.

:emot-handshake::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like Mold On Bread!

:24:

The Proud Verses God

"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble" (James 4:6)

God Wins!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard it said that the one good think about droopy drawers is that they fall down when they are running from the law. :emot-handshake::thumbsup::24::24:

Several police officers I know say that's the one thing they like about the fad. Some punk tries to run away and forgets to hold up his pants, and bang! On to his face they go. Makes it easier for the officers to catch them. :thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist
I think its the most absurd style ever but I guess as long as they arent showing flesh Im 'ok' with it.

Of course, if Im driving down the street and they are crossing the street and they trip up in their own pants then Im not to blame for anything that happens :thumbsup:

This actually happened to us not to long ago. We were sitting at a red light and a teen was crossing the street, a busy 4 lane, and almost tripped on his saggin pants. My [then] 15 year old son said..."Pull up your pants!" :emot-handshake:

There are kids out there that do have good sense, common sense.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should this be moved to Controversial Topics or News?

How do baggy pants fit in Doctrinal Questions? Isn't doctrine related to the Bible & Christian Church?

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should this be moved to Controversial Topics or News?

How do baggy pants fit in Doctrinal Questions? Isn't doctrine related to the Bible & Christian Church?

Thanks.

Good point. Moved to News.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

I hope this law wasn't made "on the fly" :laugh:

Not to worry, the legislation was totally zipped up before it became a law. Now, where are they issuing the mandated belts for all of our misguided youth? :emot-hug: Probably in some huge warehouse next to all the FEMA trailers never issued.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

By the way, do you know where this so-called "fad" started? It started in our penal system. (edited by moderator, too graphic for mixed audience)

It came out of the prison environment through the rap route that glorifies rebellion against the current culture. First, rappers wore low baggy pants, imitating the inmates but this time the request went out to both men and women. From the examples of the rappers spewing their brand of "gangsta rap", the teenagers picked up the style of the low-riding saggy pants and adopted this style as their "rebellion" to all authority. I doubt if any of them realize the origin of the saggy pants within the penal system.

And the defenders of rap music, all venues, say that their music has no lasting impact on the youth of America. Yeah, right :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1971

I hope this law wasn't made "on the fly" :emot-hug:

:laugh::blink::24:

("Let" Them Run Laps In The Sun With Hands High In The Air And Without Any Talcum Power Or Stopping)

good stuff, right there. I am sure they would rethink baggy britches then :laugh:

zaidenmom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

:emot-hug::laugh::laugh: This is hilarious. My son is allowed to wear moderately baggy pants but he's been warned that the first time I see his underware will be the last time he wears them. It's really never been an issue with us and I prefer the loose fit or relaxed fit pants to the skin tight ones that cut off circulation.