• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

This droopy pants thing is a non-issue. If their butt is showing, then that's indecent exposure and it is ALREADY illegal. If not, then there's nothing wrong.

If seeing underwear offends you, that's your problem. Adapt.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This droopy pants thing is a non-issue. If their butt is showing, then that's indecent exposure and it is ALREADY illegal. If not, then there's nothing wrong.

If seeing underwear offends you, that's your problem. Adapt.

I disagree. If seeing underwear offends the majority then they absolutely have the right to pass a law against it.

Guest LadyC

the intentional display of underwear IS offensive and we should not have to adapt. those who intentionally display their drawers are sending out silent sexual invitations just like when a hooker wears thigh high stiletto-heeled boots and tiny skirts that barely cover their cheeks on a street corner. BOTH are advertising their sexual availability.

I disagree. If seeing underwear offends the majority then they absolutely have the right to pass a law against it.

That's the majoritarian way of going about it. Now, if the majority willed that nudity should be legal, would you complain? Given that this ruling would be on the state not the federal level, anything could happen.

the intentional display of underwear IS offensive and we should not have to adapt. those who intentionally display their drawers are sending out silent sexual invitations just like when a hooker wears thigh high stiletto-heeled boots and tiny skirts that barely cover their cheeks on a street corner. BOTH are advertising their sexual availability.

That's something people are entitled to do. Wearing red lipstick and tight clothes are advertising the same thing. Should they be illegal? Do we need fashion police to prohibit people from sending out "silent sexual invitations"? You know, IRAN has something like that.

Are you really so put off by droopy pants that you think the government should intervene tell people HOW to dress?

Guest LadyC

by seeing jeans hanging off their butt? oh yes, i'm that offended by it. most of them don't even have the decency to buy a NICE pair of boxers!

Lady, if you can't stand seeing bare butts, I sympathize. Nudity is illegal and frankly no one should have to see a stranger's bare behind. But what's wrong with underpants? It's just fabric. Or is it the idea of underpants that offends you? If that's the case, I think you'll have to live with it. Heck, every day in the summer I run 10 miles in nothing but runner's shorts, which are basically tiny underpants with netting, and no one seems to mind!

I also disagree that showing your underpants is sexual. I understand that droopy pants are pretty much a male trend, but I don't think any girl would be attracted to that. Maybe I'm just not in touch with the hearts of today's urban youth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Lady, if you can't stand seeing bare butts, I sympathize. Nudity is illegal and frankly no one should have to see a stranger's bare behind. But what's wrong with underpants? It's just fabric. Or is it the idea of underpants that offends you? If that's the case, I think you'll have to live with it. Heck, every day in the summer I run 10 miles in nothing but runner's shorts, which are basically tiny underpants with netting, and no one seems to mind!

I also disagree that showing your underpants is sexual. I understand that droopy pants are pretty much a male trend, but I don't think any girl would be attracted to that. Maybe I'm just not in touch with the hearts of today's urban youth.

No one should have to be subjected to seeing some one else's underwear - there is always the option of going some where in private and letting them give you a peek if you really feel the need to see their "fabric."

As a parent, I shouldn't have to worry about my kids seeing some kids underwear when we are in a public place.

Above all, the look itself is just plain stupid!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Sagging pants annoying? Surely (and in some cases hilarious). Obscene? Not really.

The argument could be made that this is just an attempt to further marginalize minorities. Not an argument I'm making, but expect to see it made if this law is passed.

Minorities??? I see more white kids wearing those ugly things than black kids. :D

That may be true, at least in your area. But the fact is that it started within a minority sub-culture, and banning sagging pants can be seen as an attempt to suppress that which is perceived as "not white".

It seems that, in the current PC culture in the U.S., that anything can be perceived as suppression of some group or the other. I fully expect vegan Hindu dwarfs to be demanding their civil rights any day now. :24: In regards to this 'fashion statement' with the baggy pants, how about suppressing the cult of the just plain ugly? Think any group will step up to that one? :noidea:

I would, cause I'm a charter member of that group....

a.

Guest LadyC

you are definitely out of touch with the hearts of today's urban youth LOL.... if their peers weren't attracted to it, the guys wouldn't be wearing their pants like that.

this isn't just the guy thing though... the girls wear their jeans so low on their hips that their g-strings ride much higher than their pants do.

oh, and for the record, i know what runner's shorts are. it's what the military wears for PT, it's what people my age wore in high school gym class a couple of decades or more ago, and it's what the waitresses at hooters wear... (sorry, i know that's slightly off topic but i have to throw that in because so many people think hooters uniforms are the same as a stripper's attire.)

it is not the "idea" of underwear that bothers me, it's the blatant advertisement for one... it's also the attitude of disrespect for authority, and even if you disagree with the rest of what i say, i hope you'll acknowledge that those who wear their pants halfway off their butts (or lower!) do, as a general rule of thumb, hate authority. they also have an attitude of disrespect towards other people in general. a scripture out of judges comes to mind as an accurate description... what is the verse that says "they did what was right in their own eyes"? it's talking about those who had rebelled against God.

now, i have a slightly more liberal concept of "modesty" than many christians... i remember one day at a store with a friend, i pointed out a cute little spaghetti strap top, and my friend said "would you wear that in public, or only in the bedroom for your husband?" LOL, i told her i'd wear it out in public with my husband at my side. i was a little too slow to realize that she found that offensive. i won't tell her that i wear a two piece swimsuit :noidea:

but there are certain things that cross the boundaries of decency. wearing your clothes in such a manner that they are literally falling off your body is one of them. wearing skirts that don't cover the butt cheeks is another. and i can't tell you how many women i've seen wearing such skirts in public places. guys wearing speedos is another! oh my gosh, those are atrocious. people wearing thong swimsuits in public (and i've seen them on both men and women) are indecent.

there are just certain things that belong in the privacy of one's bedroom, not out in public where geriatrics and pediatrics have to be subjected to it.

No one should have to be subjected to seeing some one else's underwear - there is always the option of going some where in private and letting them give you a peek if you really feel the need to see their "fabric."

As a parent, I shouldn't have to worry about my kids seeing some kids underwear when we are in a public place.

Above all, the look itself is just plain stupid!

Fabric I can deal with. The fat guts of a hairy old men, topless on the beach, I can't deal with!

OK. From what it sounds like, healingoil, you're offended simply by the idea of underwear. Weird. I really can't relate to that, since I don't see anything offensive about underwear.