• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Was Jerusalem Mystery Babylon?

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Only in your mind

The Church is now the New Jerusalem, the old Jerusalem rejected Christ and persecuted the early Church "New Jerusalem".

In no way do I refer Jerusalem now as Babylon, I hope no one understood me as antisemetic. God love all people and so do I. Even Christian who are deceived and give me a hard time.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
-In no way do I refer Jerusalem now as Babylon, I hope no one understood me as antisemetic. God love all people and so do I. Even Christian who are deceived and give me a hard time.

piehit.gifpiehit.gifROFLdog.gif-this way outsmiley_010.gif

the old Jerusalem rejected Christ and persecuted the early Church "New Jerusalem".

"Babel" is what you are presenting here. Confusion.

the "old" Jerusalem? Jerusalem was the FIRST to recieve Him or there would not have been any persecution.

Jerusalem is the place of His return according to the angels who spoke to men at His ascension. Does this make Jerusalem babylon?

I can think of 3 reasons why you don't understand it except:

1. You don't want it be so because you don't like jews.

2. You have been fed the subtle lies of Replacement Theology without studying to find if their claims are true.

3. You know this is a lie but you're here to start trouble.

4. You're trying to find something that fits your particular end times scenario and have to make a big stretch here for them to work.

5. You're reading way too much symbolism into the literal meanings of words when there is no reason to.

6. You are just genuinely mistaken.

OK..that was 6. I'm sure I missed some, too...

You might not think this is anti-semetic...but it satanic because it is leading you astray.

Babylon is a state of mind. It's a worldy way of life. Doesn't matter what city you are in...babylon is there.

Come out of her O My people and partake not of her plagues! For her sins have reached unto the heavens. All people and nations are drunk with her wine.

In one hour she will be thrown down.

This is the day of the vengeance of our God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

the old Jerusalem rejected Christ and persecuted the early Church "New Jerusalem".

"Babel" is what you are presenting here. Confusion.

the "old" Jerusalem? Jerusalem was the FIRST to recieve Him or there would not have been any persecution.

Jerusalem is the place of His return according to the angels who spoke to men at His ascension. Does this make Jerusalem babylon?

I can think of 3 reasons why you don't understand it except:

1. You don't want it be so because you don't like jews.

2. You have been fed the subtle lies of Replacement Theology without studying to find if their claims are true.

3. You know this is a lie but you're here to start trouble.

4. You're trying to find something that fits your particular end times scenario and have to make a big stretch here for them to work.

5. You're reading way too much symbolism into the literal meanings of words when there is no reason to.

6. You are just genuinely mistaken.

OK..that was 6. I'm sure I missed some, too...

You might not think this is anti-semetic...but it satanic because it is leading you astray.

Babylon is a state of mind. It's a worldy way of life. Doesn't matter what city you are in...babylon is there.

Come out of her O My people and partake not of her plagues! For her sins have reached unto the heavens. All people and nations are drunk with her wine.

In one hour she will be thrown down.

This is the day of the vengeance of our God

All these accusations come from the accuser of the Brethren.

Wow if only Jesus could manifest Himself through you Yod we would see something totally different.

Your'e interpetation of Babylon is totally spiritualized out of literal scripturaul meaning which I do agree with you but not as a fulfillment of scripture. Like I say it may have meaning for us today but scripture was all fullfilled in 70 AD when the Old Covenant world came to an end.

Luke 21

The Destruction of Jerusalem

(1) 20 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near.

21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her.

22For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.

24And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

:o

24And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Like I say it may have meaning for us today but scripture was all fullfilled in 70 AD when the Old Covenant world came to an end.

when I see the wolf lie down with the lamb and a little boy playing with an asp, then all things will be fulfilled.

There are still many, many, many things prophecied in the Tenach which are yet to come.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Like I say it may have meaning for us today but scripture was all fullfilled in 70 AD when the Old Covenant world came to an end.

when I see the wolf lie down with the lamb and a little boy playing with an asp, then all things will be fulfilled.

There are still many, many, many things prophecied in the Tenach which are yet to come.

Do you not believe that these scriptures have symbolic meaning to them that now are fulfilled in the New Covenant? I do

To say that there are soooo many things that still have to be fulfilled is like saying God is holding back on giving us all the good things He has promised that we can have if we ask in faith and believe.

Or soooo many things we have failed to see because of our religious traditional blinders that we have worn because of wanting to fit in with the natural way of seeing things.

How in the world can something over 2,000 plus years be near after looking in Daniel where he was told to seal the books for the time was a far off? If you add the years from Daniel all the way to Revelation, it will seem to add up between 500 to 600 years. So, how can a number that is 600 be far off and another number which is 2,000 plus more years added, as time goes by, while waiting for the return you are looking forward for, be near? It sounds totally impossible to me for something to be near when we have already gone way over 600 years, after the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, that was considered far off for Daniel. I hope that this gives you something to think about.

Do you not believe that these scriptures have symbolic meaning to them that now are fulfilled in the New Covenant? I do

do you believe this is all there will be?

I believe the scriptures say much about what is yet to come. If this is "it" then we've been sold a bill of goods.

To say that there are soooo many things that still have to be fulfilled is like saying God is holding back on giving us all the good things He has promised that we can have if we ask in faith and believe.

Let me give you a quote:

Acts 1:6 So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Note that He did not "correct"them for asking if the kingdom would be restored to Israel someday...yet He does mention that the Father has set a date.

He plans to return and reign from Jerusalem...and the law will go forth from Zion.

It is not for us to know the date...but it's coming.

Or soooo many things we have failed to see because of our religious traditional blinders that we have worn because of wanting to fit in with the natural way of seeing things.

The prophecies of who Yeshua would be and He would live and die were all done in literal ways so I'm not sure why you would denigrate the prophets who "fit in with the natural way of seeing things"

It's also the the way Yeshua and the disciples/apostles interpreted. Are you saying that you are greater than them?

No scripture is of private interpretation. If you find that no one else sees this the way you do it might be a good idea to listen to what they say.

:t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant wit the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Isreal: After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the leastof them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: forI will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

Jer 36:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Jer. 36:37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.