IGNORED

Spiritual Equality are we not Male and Female in Heaven?

Mudcat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

hello...I see you there.... :th_praying:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

A right knowledge of the Scripture, as the fountain whence all revealed religion now flows, and the foundation on which it is built, is the best preservative against error. Christ put aside the objection of the Sadducees, who were the scoffing infidels of that day, by setting the doctrine of the future state in a true light. The relation between husband and wife, though appointed in the earthly paradise, will not be known in the heavenly one. It is no wonder if we confuse ourselves

with foolish errors, when we form our ideas of the world of spirits by the affairs of this world of sense. It is absurd to think that the living God should be the portion and happiness of a man if he is for ever dead; and therefore it is certain that Abraham's soul exists and acts, though now for a time separate from the body. Those that deny the resurrection greatly err, and ought to be told so. Let us seek to pass through this dying world, with a joyful hope of eternal happiness, and of a

glorious resurrection. (Mk 12:28-34)

matthew henry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/14/1972

Hi Redwing,

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

A right knowledge of the Scripture, as the fountain whence all revealed religion now flows, and the foundation on which it is built, is the best preservative against error. Christ put aside the objection of the Sadducees, who were the scoffing infidels of that day, by setting the doctrine of the future state in a true light. The relation between husband and wife, though appointed in the earthly paradise, will not be known in the heavenly one. It is no wonder if we confuse ourselves

with foolish errors, when we form our ideas of the world of spirits by the affairs of this world of sense. It is absurd to think that the living God should be the portion and happiness of a man if he is for ever dead; and therefore it is certain that Abraham's soul exists and acts, though now for a time separate from the body. Those that deny the resurrection greatly err, and ought to be told so. Let us seek to pass through this dying world, with a joyful hope of eternal happiness, and of a

glorious resurrection. (Mk 12:28-34)

matthew henry.

Bold mine, I agree that it would appear that, based upon Christ's words there is no marriage of marrying in heaven. I am assuming you are referring to the account in Matthew 12. Is that right?

However, I certainly don't think we forget past relationships or the people we knew. In other words, I don't think we get spiritual amnesia. Do you?

Respectfully,

Mudcat

Well one main purpose for marraige was to multiply. Then for companionship and to know God. In heaven there is no need to multiply or have relations. And we already have our relationship with Our Lord.

We will know who everyone is. Being there did not decrease who I was as a woman... and my concerns were still for those on Earth.

Yet also there will be no more sickness, tears and so forth. I douct ther is any being here who knows what that is going to be like. Even a newborn cries.

Being there did not decrease who I was as a woman... and my concerns were still for those on Earth.

Hey Patricia,

Bold mine, you seem to speak of heaven in a past tense here, as though you had already been. I am not sure I am understanding you, have had a NDE?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

What if our gender has some kind of tie to our soul? Is it possible that parts of our soul that correspond to gender survive with us into eternity?

It will depend on how one views the Christian condition.

1. human spirit
  2. mind
  3. body
  4. soul or

1. mind
  2. body
  3. soul.
Our body the flesh is dead and not needed! But the uniquiness of who we are..., God knew us before us being in our mothers womb, does not die. The soul becomes regenerated, I think the soul and mind are the same...some do not.

What if our gender has some kind of tie to our soul? Is it possible that parts of our soul that correspond to gender survive with us into eternity?

I believe in a perfected resurrected human body. Isn't that what Christ had when he ascended?

God made you one of two sexes, I don't think death, nor the second coming changes the matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Since we will not need to procreate in Heaven , i9 can't see why genders would be neccessary. :emot-highfive:

Israel is a she, as well is the bride although men are included in the brideship. We are given new bodies that are perfect. But what of who we are remains within that body? I have the question out to a number of pastors from different walks of christianity and if they come up with a great scrptural answer I will here from them. They are pondering some just say ther do not know.