Blien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

The basic notes are as such, with the sharps and flats as half steps between them.

A sharp is the same as B flat,

B sharp is the same as C and C flat is the same as B

C sharp is the same as D flat

D sharp is the same as E flat

E sharp is the same as F and F flat is the same as E

F sharp is the same as G flat

G sharp is the same as A flat

normal terminology for them are A flat, B flat, C sharp, D sharp, E flat, F sharp, G sharp, all though, a person may see a key signature with 4 sharps or 4 flats, this is what most people refer to them as.....

some instruments actually cover a good portion of the Treble and the Bass clef, only a few of them will be written with both, most will only have the Treble or the Bass clef for their written music..... some instruments can be forced to go beyond their normal range (usually towards the upper range) it can be very difficult to do.....

F

--E--

D

--C--

B

--A--

G

------------------------------F------------------------------

E

-------------------------D----------------------------------

C

--------------------B--------------------------------------- TREBLE CLEF

A

--------------G---------------------------------------------

F

----------E-------------------------------------------------

D

--C-- (MIDDLE "C")

B

----------A-------------------------------------------------

G

---------------F--------------------------------------------

E

-------------------D--------------------------------------- BASS CLEF

C

-----------------------B-----------------------------------

A

----------------------------G------------------------------

F

--E--

D

--C--

B

--A--

the time signatures are based on the number of beats per measure, and the base note used..... 4/4 time means there are 4 beats per measure, and the 1/4 note gets the beat. 2/4 means that there are 2 beats per, and the 1/4 note gets the beat...

notes lengths are as follows:

full ( circle, no staff or vertical line)

half ( open circle with a staff or vertical line )

quarter note ( black circle with vertical line )

eighth note ( black circle with vertical line and one flag)

sixteenth note ( black circle with vertical line with two flags )

thirtysecond note ( black circle with vertical line with three flags) very seldom used

sixty-fourth note (black circle with vertical line with four flags ) very very rarely used,

on a piano, the black keys are the flats and sharps the white keys are the regular keys....

the "C" key most nearest the center of a piano is the "MIDDLE C" the " C " key is the first white key left of the two black keys that are together.......

reading left to right: ( the left key is at the top, and as you read "down" the list on the key board you will be traveling right.)

C white

C sharp black

D white

D sharp black

E white

F white

F sharp black

G white

G sharp black

A white

A sharp black

B white

C white

now, for the end of your first very basic lesson, to get further, you would be better off getting some one local to teach you.

depending on where you are, lessons can run anywhere from $7.00 an hour to $20.00+ for a half hour, also depending on the instrument...... alot of grade school and middle school music teachers will be willing to supplement their income with private or semi private lessons.... to get much more, it will take lots of practice.....

when i was in grade school, i practiced the Clarinet at least 30 minutes aday.

In Jr High, I practiced the clarinet 30 minutes aday, and the Alto Clarinet 30 minutes aday.

In High School, I played the clarinet in band, and practiced it over 30 minutes aday, and played the Oboe in Orchestra and practiced it over an hour a day......

since school, have learned the Flute, Alto Sax, and have also played Harmonica, spoons, pan flute, bugle, started learning trumpet and have messed around with many other instruments..... have really enjoyed music ( this household just recently donated a piano to a church that did not have one)..... currently has two flutes, four clarinets (one silver, one rubber(ebonite) and one student and one intermediate), an oboe, fender acoustic, a trap set, trumpet, and a couple keyboards.....

best wishes,

Mike

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Oh thank you!! What a blessing you are! And thanks for the advice, I never considered asking school teachers for private lessons! Great idea! And thanks again for the notes you've made my day!!!!! :mgfrog::P:mgfrog: :mgfrog:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/26/1987

Oh thank you!! What a blessing you are! And thanks for the advice, I never considered asking school teachers for private lessons! Great idea! And thanks again for the notes you've made my day!!!!! :blink::emot-nod::laugh::blink:

Most music is written in "G" (hence the treble clef.

if u look @ the treble cleff the small dot is on the middle line of the staff. that where the note "G" is

Have u tried (caugh) tableture {tab} (cough) it matches # 's 2 fingers.

1= thumb

2= index

3= middle

4= ring

5= pinky

Lots of teacher use that 4 thier students. I fear that finding pple with the ability 2 read proper music notaion is slowing dying :blink:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

by the way, there are web sites that you can go to, that will enhance your music abilities, that are directed at the instruments that you play or wish to play..... for instance, I used to frequent one that was directed at Clarinets, even though it was directed at clarinets, you have people on their, like me, that play more then one, and will be able to assist you in your other instruments.... I play clarinet, Oboe, Flute, Sax, bugle, piddle with piano, guitar, some snare, harmonica, panflute, and even the jaw harp.....

my eldest plays, clarinet, oboe, sax, violin, percussion..... my youngest, trumpet, sax, bass guitar,

my step daughter, tenor sax,

stepson trombone....

music is fun.....

it is also seen in schools, that the children that play music in band or orchestra, or even piano at home or church, have better reading skills and better math skills.... their fingers are also more nibble and able to work small parts such as on models and even in the work place faster...... Music is something a person can take with them through out their entire life, where as football, baseball, not quite so far into life..... music can be done by ones self, where other things, such as most sports needs another person..... David, was alone (as in humans) for a good portion of his life.... even when he had an army following him, and he was sitting in the throne, or dancing in the streets, he was alone, even in the crowd..... he did however, have his music....

Sing Praises unto the Lord, Make a Joyful Noise unto His Name... Enter His gates with Thanksgiving.....

at work, I sing, hum, and whistle..... one lady there noticed, and I said she ought to sing..... oh nooooooo, she said, i could not do that..... I then said.....Who is going to hear you? ( we are wearing hearing protection through out the entire day due to extremely high noise levels, ) ......

God will hear our songs.... on instruments as well as from our voices..... LIFT THEM UP .....

mike