IGNORED

Demons

Guest LCPGUY

NIV....Eph6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his MIGHTY POWER. 11) Put on the full armor of GOD so that YOU can TAKE YOUR STAND AGAINST the DEVILS SCHEMES. 12) For our STRUGGLE is not against flesh and blood but AGAINST the RULERS, AGAINST the AUTHORITIES, AGAINST the POWERs of this dark world and AGAINST the SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL in the HEAVENLY REALMS"

The RULERS..the AUTHORITIES....the POWERS...SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL are all spiritual. Our fight or struggle is with these.

KJV Matthew 16:23 "But he turned and said unto PETER, Get thee behind me Satan, thou art an offence unto me , for thou savourest not the things that be of God but those that be of man"

Jesus knew there was an evil spirit behind the words of Peter so he got rid of it before he continued.

NIV-Luke !10:17 "The seventy-two returned with joy and said Lord, even the demons SUBMIT to us IN YOUR NAME. 18) I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I HAVE GIVEN YOU AUTHORITY to TRAMPLE ON SNAKES and SCORPIANS and to OVERCOME ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY, nothing will harm you. HOWEVER, do not rejoice that THE SPIRITS SUBMIT TO YOU but rejoice that YOUR NAMES are WRITTEN IN HEAVEN"

The authority we have over evil spirits is a friut of the fact that our names are written in heaven. They rejoiced because they had power over demons with the name of Jesus but Jesus was trying to tell them that the only reason they had that power was because God has written their names in heaven.

It's like this, if there was a big party at the best place in the world and the only way you could get in was if the President wrote your name on a list. You walk to the door, the man sees your name and lets you in. Then you boast "out of all the people in the world, I GOT IN" then the main man comes to you and says "Hey pal, the only reason you had authority to come in, is because I WROTE YOUR NAME DOWN. Not because your better than any one else"

God gives us discernment and we use the power of his name to take authority over a situation in the spiritual realm. If someone is bound by lust, we don't beat it out of him. That's fight against the flesh. However, We don't just say "well I'll be praying" We have the authority to tell that thing to hit the road.

What many of us try to do is cast out devils in every thing. "There's the devil!....here's the devil!......Get the devil!But if we have fully sumbitted ourselves to God, he will reveal to us when we should take this authority and resist.

In his love,

Brian

You've summed it up well. :)

:(:wub::):wub:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic