tsth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (Salvation is the foundation)

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You can read it like that. It will confuse the issue later on when you try to interpret other verses that clearly show we are going to be judged for salvation by our works though. The foundation here is the word of Christ. His words are spirit and life to those who not only receive them but do them.

:whistling:

uhmmm...i'll read it like it is. you do know that there are religions that use our exact same bible but discredit the deity of Christ.

So in youre interpretation they are all going to heaven because after all...according to you...they follow words and that's the key.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

This is incorrect.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. - Hebrews 4:9-11

Our works is just our obedience to the gospel of Christ.

Paul gave us a good example of how it is done.

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:6-8

The course that Paul is saying that he has finished is the works and labor under the gospel of Christ that he did. He fought the good fight and is now ready to enter into the rest that God has prepared for him, which is not to Paul only, but to all them also that love his appearing.

Also, our "works" is our fight in fighting the good fight that Paul spoke of.

Since Paul is speaking of receiving the crown of righteousness "at that day", it is not "believe today and get paid today".

great believe what you want. but youre talking about rewards which is what the crown is all about (2 Timothy 4:6-8).

you maybe dont believe in those so i wont go there with you.

thanks

We have only been promised one reward. Not "rewards" as in more than one.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. - Revelation 22:12

The only reward that has been promised to man is eternal life in heaven or eternal damnation in the lake of fire.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232

i started to read your response and dont understand that after decades of studying you

havent placed some simple pieces together.

you do know that EVERYONE saved will receive "heavenly" rewards for their deeds right?

No it is not salvation because salvation is what qualified you to receive rewards.

Anyone saved will be eligible and all that are not saved will not.

youre quoting Math 16:24-27 and place in bold "rewards." So im thinking that your thinks the "reward" is slavation?

Believe me, I had those pieces nailed together and anything that stuck out, I cut it off. It was as airtight as a coffin. But that

We have only been promised one reward. Not "rewards" as in more than one.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. - Revelation 22:12

The only reward that has been promised to man is eternal life in heaven or eternal damnation in the lake of fire.

I agree somewhat with this. The main reward is eternal life, but there are various crowns that could go with it. Not all will receive the same position in heaven and some will have a

exrockstar

That "rest" is acheived here in our lifetime and not after in death.

This "rest" is not heaven nor anything given to us after death.

You believe today and get paid today NOT when you die.

So what is it that we are resting from?

What do we get from this rest?

What are the rewards and benefits of receiving this rest while we're still here on earth?

You grow, study, take-in doctrine to understand why God does the thnigs He does. To understand what

pleases Him with fruit you present. So you can hit cruise control when youve

reached spiritual maturity.

"Hit cruise control". What does that mean? Explain it to me in your own words.

And would you please answer the 3 questions I asked. In your own words. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

exrockstar

What are the rewards and benefits of receiving this rest while we're still here on earth?

You grow, study, take-in doctrine to understand why God does the thnigs He does. To understand what

And would you please answer the 3 questions I asked. In your own words. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

mental peace for the most part. But there are other benefits.

im not sure if youre sincerely asking....im just putting it out there.

exrockstar

Thank you.

mental peace for the most part.

So once we reach this state of "mental peace", we can stop working?

All those verses having to do with "works" don't apply anymore....is that what you're saying?

And we don't get this "rest" until we fully understand God and His Ways.....right?

So once we reach this state of "mental peace", we can stop working?

All those verses having to do with "works" don't apply anymore....is that what you're saying?

And we don't get this "rest" until we fully understand God and His Ways.....right?

did i say "works?" imma have to go back and look.

those chapters deal with obedience.

Hebrews 3:1b fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. 2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him,

then Paul goes on about Moses and the people.

You study to grow.

Through studying come obedience....actually imma look for a scripture....

Here it is:

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

you see where he says "add"..well..more and more..little by little..day by day...staying obedient and growing. AS you take in doctrine

you know what God expects. Then you start understanding His ways.

you don't do today what you did yesterday. you dont think about things twice.

Patience...then godliness then charity (love).

ya dont hear me though. lol im just playin around

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222

But I have a question for you. Do you believe that works themselves help justify us together with faith?

I do, because they show our faith. Works can't get us to heaven, but faith without works is dead.

I WAS CONFUSED ON THE WORKS TOPIC UNTIL PAUL EXPLAINED WHAT WORKS MEANT. WE CONFUSE GOD'S MEANING OF WORKS WITH MAN'S MEANING. THAT WHICH IS BORN OF THE FLESH IS FLESH AND THAT WHICH IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT IS SPIRIT. SO ARE WE TALKING GOOD WORKS OF MAN OR THE SPITITUAL WORKS OF GOD. ROMANS WAS PRETTY CLEAR WHAT THE WORKS OF GOD WERE.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222

But I have a question for you. Do you believe that works themselves help justify us together with faith?

I do, because they show our faith. Works can't get us to heaven, but faith without works is dead.

I WAS CONFUSED ON THE WORKS TOPIC UNTIL PAUL EXPLAINED WHAT WORKS MEANT. WE CONFUSE GOD'S MEANING OF WORKS WITH MAN'S MEANING. THAT WHICH IS BORN OF THE FLESH IS FLESH AND THAT WHICH IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT IS SPIRIT. SO ARE WE TALKING GOOD WORKS OF MAN OR THE SPITITUAL WORKS OF GOD. ROMANS WAS PRETTY CLEAR WHAT THE WORKS OF GOD WERE.