• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

What if:

Noah decided he would rather not do the work that God advised, but instead would just rather stand in agreement that God said he should build the ark?

Was it really faith?

:noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

GOD DIDN'T ADVISE, HE TOLD. NOAH WAS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH THROUGH OBEDIENCE. GOD SAID AND HE BELIEVED. END OF STORY. WE ARE SO CONVINCED THAT GOD SENT JESUS TO SAVE US JUST SO WE COULD WE COULD BE HIS WORKERS. HE SAVED US BECAUSE HE LOVED US AND ALL HE REQIRES IS THAT WE ACKNOWLEDGE HIS SACRIFICE AND THAT IS WHAT WORKS OF FAITH MEANS ACCORDING TO PAUL.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all fine and good as long as we remember still that it is not our works that saves us but Christ! It would be oh so easy to leave that out and become like a Pharisee....it is the love for the Lord that leads me to strive to be good and obedient, and yet my obedience still does not save me.

WRONG, YOUR OBEDIENCE HAS SAVED YOU BECAUSE YOU OBEYED GOD'S WORD BY PUBLICLY ACCEPTING CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR. YOU DON'T GET UNSAVED BY NOT OBEYING GOD, SUCH AS "GO AND HEAL THE SICK". SEE HOW IT WORKS?

If you have true faith, it will be demonstrated through your works and your general demeaner. Doing good works after your regeneration will come naturally, if it is only to comfort a friend in sorrow, because your not only doing it out of genuine sympathy for your friend, but because God knows your heart and you are bringing glory to Him, by reaching out and it will ne noted in your heavenly rewards Even pagans comfort their friend in sorrow but that won't be noticed in heavenly places.

Let the light of Jesus shine forth from you by your works. even if it means helping a drunk find his way home. God loves your good works. Well that's one of my beliefs.

INTENT IS THE KEY, IF IT WERE GOOD WORKS WITHOUT CHRIST IT IS DEAD.

you see where he says "add"..well..more and more..little by little..day by day...staying obedient and growing. AS you take in doctrine

you know what God expects. Then you start understanding His ways.

you don't do today what you did yesterday. you dont think about things twice.

Patience...then godliness then charity (love).

the reason i say "enter rest" is critical is because this is something we all "want to enter." this is a point in life where

youve reached spiritual maturity and know God is taking care of you.

we make the effort through study and spiritual growth that we will enter a time of peace where we are worry-free. this

"entering" is the same as the Jews entering the promise land (the land of milk and honey) where they are able to rest and enjoy the fruits of the land.

This belief is having faith that God will provide THROUGH THICK AND THIN and we are asked to reach for it so we can "rest."

Where does it say one has to reach a certain level of knowledge in the Word before God starts providing for us?

I see where you are coming from, Suzanne, so I I pasted the last partof your post to save me typing

Jude 1:5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

You queried the why faith was so often mentioned in the replies. I seem to understand if their is no belief it is because of the lack of faith. We have the Holy Spirit, under the NT, to lead us into all truth. The sojourners in the desert, of which I believe was in the vicinity of 2 million, had only Aaron and Moses, and it was to Moses that they moaned about about their woes. I could be wrong, but it's the faith we aquire from God as a gift by His grace, that we come to believe.

Or am I off the beaten track again?

They ALSO had Christ Jesus......but they just kept unbelieving/disobeying, and that was the WARNING for us. What is spoken of in 1 Cor. 10, is for US, but God is referencing them. IOW, we need to heed their example and the fact that God has warned us against "doing" what they did:

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert.

In His Love,

Suzanne

BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE to God's commands are pretty much one and the same. You cannot have any of them without ALL of them.

In His Love,

Suzanne

YOU ARE WISE SUZANNE

BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE to God's commands are pretty much one and the same. You cannot have any of them without ALL of them.

Belief and faith I believe are basically the same, but obedience, I believe, is one step beyond faith.

One can have faith and believe in the Word of God and still not obey it.

See what I'm saying?

NOT FOR SALVATION

Belief and faith I believe are basically the same, but obedience, I believe, is one step beyond faith.

One can have faith and believe in the Word of God and still not obey it.

See what I'm saying?

NOT FOR SALVATION

So you believe there is salvation without obedience?

I think I'm making it sound complicated. Sorry, don't mean to. I'm just saying that for it to be TRUE, "belief/faith/" it must be obedience, therefore you have to have ALL of the components of BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE. They all go together.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think you can have belief/faith without obedience.

Check this out...

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

These people were shown the truth and they believed....otherwise it wouldn't have been truth to them. They however did not act upon that truth and brought the wrath of God against them.

PAUL WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT DECIPLES, HE WAS TALKING TO DECIPLES ABOUT THE LOST

I think I'm making it sound complicated. Sorry, don't mean to. I'm just saying that for it to be TRUE, "belief/faith/" it must be obedience, therefore you have to have ALL of the components of BELIEF/FAITH/OBEDIENCE. They all go together.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think you can have belief/faith without obedience.

Check this out...

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

These people were shown the truth and they believed....otherwise it wouldn't have been truth to them. They however did not act upon that truth and brought the wrath of God against them.

PAUL WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT DECIPLES, HE WAS TALKING TO DECIPLES ABOUT THE LOST

Who are the lost you are refering to?

Please turn off your caps.