tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Suzanne, A question about your posts. Doesn't it all come down to the position of our spirit? If my spirit is alive in Christ and I daily put down my flesh and pick up my cross, which I always took to mean daily I crusify my flesh so my spirit may live, as Paul stated, then I am battling the temptations that may come upon me. So if someone gives into these workings of evil then their spirits aren't alive in Christ? Maybe that's too harsh a statment, their flesh is ruling and reigning and not the Holy Spirit. I believe if we ask for forgiveness for these evil workings we will be forgiven, but if we continue to let our flesh rule and donot pull down these strongholds, we lose our relationship with Christ? I was always taught that our salvation doesn't stop on the day I accept Jesus as Lord. But it's an on going relationship. If I don't talk to Him and pray to Him daily, and follow after Him I lose that relationship. If I treated my marriage in such a way (don't talk to my husband, or show I love him) wouldn't

Yes, absolutely stacey. And I believe that is what those passages are attesting to. It talks about "turning away from" the Living God. I agree with what you have stated. That is why the Scriptures also state that anyone who believes in Christ Jesus (who confesses the name of the Lord) must turn away from iniquity.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Hi Suzanne, I have a question about your posts. Doesn't it all come down to a condition of our spirit? If I'm walking everday in newness of life, dying to my flesh daily, so my spirit can live, I wouldn't do the evil works that were mentioned in these scriptures. So those who walk after the flesh do mind the thing of the flesh, but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5. " For to be carnally minded is death : but to be Spiritually minded is life anf peace." So anyone who was walking in the ways of the flesh with no sence of repentance are on their way to death. So our "duty" is to watch and mind the things of the Spirit to keep ourselves alive in Christ. Your sister in Christ Stacey C

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

by ALTACALL:

What you said before is BALONY and still is. If I DON'T lie that is a work? If I DON'T steal that's a work? I call that a transformation of a former way of life. I don't wake up with a list of do's and don'ts to fulfill everydayto cover all the works I should do to keep my salvation because if I did I would spend all day reading the list. How about I spend the day at the nursing home, would that be enough or must i visit the jail also? how much do I have to do and what shouldn't I do to accomplish them. When does it stop. Can't I just spend all day thanking God for his son. How much must I do to prove it. I'm not saying I should just spend all day everyday but if I did do you believe God will send me to hell for it? if yes then a lot of monks are on the way.

Wow. :whistling: You read that excellent post by deut31:12 and you come up with that reply? BALONY? :emot-puke: I

Hi Suzanne, I have a question about your posts. Doesn't it all come down to a condition of our spirit? If I'm walking everday in newness of life, dying to my flesh daily, so my spirit can live, I wouldn't do the evil works that were mentioned in these scriptures. So those who walk after the flesh do mind the thing of the flesh, but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5. " For to be carnally minded is death : but to be Spiritually minded is life anf peace." So anyone who was walking in the ways of the flesh with no sence of repentance are on their way to death. So our "duty" is to watch and mind the things of the Spirit to keep ourselves alive in Christ. Your sister in Christ Stacey C

That about sums it up

The Gospel is a condition of the heart.

It's not what you give, or how much you give, or even who you give it too.

It's your reasons for giving....why do you give.

then i know that person is being controlled by something else besides the Holy Spirit.

you see scripture says:

Romans 1:16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

it is not a "condition of the heart." the condition of the heart people are:

Phil 3:17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

God is their belly....that is the gospel of the heart. Not led by the Holy Spirit.

But if you dont agree then we'll agree to disagree. :whistling:

Mind explaining this?

I don't get the "God is their belly" part.

I actually don't understand any of the response.....it makes no sense whatsoever.

So if you could do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The Gospel is a condition of the heart.

It's not what you give, or how much you give, or even who you give it too.

It's your reasons for giving....why do you give.

then i know that person is being controlled by something else besides the Holy Spirit.

you see scripture says:

Romans 1:16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

it is not a "condition of the heart." the condition of the heart people are:

Phil 3:17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

God is their belly....that is the gospel of the heart. Not led by the Holy Spirit.

But if you dont agree then we'll agree to disagree. :rolleyes:

Mind explaining this?

I don't get the "God is their belly" part.

I actually don't understand any of the response.....it makes no sense whatsoever.

So if you could do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't agree with most of what you say but I get what the versr is saying but it's a vague way of making your point

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am going to close this thread. Here is the Doctrinal Statement from Worthy regarding how one is saved:

We believe that salvation is a gift received by faith alone, in Messiah alone, and is expressed in the individual