• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Sorry Suzanne I did not mean to hijack your thread. Back to the topic at hand. :blink:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

You are talking outright blatant sin. We were talking about not doing good works after salvation to keep salvation. Those are two totally different subjects

In actuality, they are the same thing. As I have been trying to explain, the works that we do are either in the form or righteousness or sin. When we do good works it is what the scriptures call "righteousness" as it is say, "he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous".

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. - Acts 10:35

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, - Galatians 5:19-22

The works that we do in our lives are either the sins that we commit or the repentance and abstaining from sin that we do.

Here is a good example of some of the works that we do after salvation:

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. - Ephesians 4:23-32

To not do these works AFTER salvation will forfeit our salvation.

I need to add that we don't live under the 10 commandment, we live under grace and tha commandment of love thy neighbor as thy self. If tou do that then the law is fulfilled. Isn't that why we do good things, because we love one another

Nobody said anything about the 10 Commandment law. We are under the law of Christ. Even though the commandment is to love thy neighbor, Paul went and defined what that is.

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. - Romans 13:8-10

"Doing good things" is not what the scriptures require. The scriptures require that we follow and live our lives by what they teach us and we are told to abstain from the sins that God told us to.

did i say "works?" imma have to go back and look.

those chapters deal with obedience.

"Works" is obedience.

let me help you...."works is a demonstration of obedience."

let that marinade in you for a while.

Wrong!!!!

Absolutely.......... NOT! Salvation is an unmerited gift from god made available through the blood of Christ and only accepting and ackknowloging him can you be saved or stay saved for that matter. I thank god that he took that pressure and guilt off me, wondering every day if i did enough. If anyone else wants to worry than that's up to them. As I said before, scripture can be found to support any belief.

What was merited through the blood of Christ was our forgiveness of sins and reconciliation back to God, but we are still required to actually live and obey the gospel of Christ as long as we are alive or we forfeit our salvation.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; - Hebrews 5:9

Anybody can accept and acknowledge Jesus. James said that even the devils believe in Jesus, but what makes our faith perfect is our obedience to the word of God.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222

Absolutely.......... NOT! Salvation is an unmerited gift from god made available through the blood of Christ and only accepting and ackknowloging him can you be saved or stay saved for that matter. I thank god that he took that pressure and guilt off me, wondering every day if i did enough. If anyone else wants to worry than that's up to them. As I said before, scripture can be found to support any belief.

What was merited through the blood of Christ was our forgiveness of sins and reconciliation back to God, but we are still required to actually live and obey the gospel of Christ as long as we are alive or we forfeit our salvation.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; - Hebrews 5:9

Anybody can accept and acknowledge Jesus. James said that even the devils believe in Jesus, but what makes our faith perfect is our obedience to the word of God.

From all your quote usage it sounds like you are trying to catch up. To most of what you are saying my reply is BALONY. we do not deserve one thing or favor{ which means unmerited} from God. he owes us nothing. you seem to think that i can't earn God's favor to get saved but i can earn keeping saved once I am. you consider keeping commandments by either doing what you should or not doing what you shouldn't. i can't do works to get saved but i must do works to stay saved, that's another form of law. And that's as nice as i can say it. You call not doing sin works, you call being righteous works, I don't. I call it loving Jesus and I never feel in jepordy of my salvation but if you feel that yours wil be then by all means continue in your works.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222

From all your quote usage it sounds like you are trying to catch up. To most of what you are saying my reply is BALONY. we do not deserve one thing or favor{ which means unmerited} from God. he owes us nothing. you seem to think that i can't earn God's favor to get saved but i can earn keeping saved once I am. you consider keeping commandments by either doing what you should or not doing what you shouldn't. i can't do works to get saved but i must do works to stay saved, that's another form of law. And that's as nice as i can say it. You call not doing sin works, you call being righteous works, I don't. I call it loving Jesus and I never feel in jepordy of my salvation but if you feel that yours wil be then by all means continue in your works.

BY the way, believing in jesus is not the same as ACCEPTING Jesus as LOrd but I think you know that so yes the devis believe but do not ACCEPT.

The Gospel is a condition of the heart.

It's not what you give, or how much you give, or even who you give it too.

It's your reasons for giving....why do you give.

then i know that person is being controlled by something else besides the Holy Spirit.

you see scripture says:

Romans 1:16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

it is not a "condition of the heart." the condition of the heart people are:

Phil 3:17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

God is their belly....that is the gospel of the heart. Not led by the Holy Spirit.

But if you dont agree then we'll agree to disagree. :blink:

Mind explaining this?

I don't get the "God is their belly" part.

I actually don't understand any of the response.....it makes no sense whatsoever.

So if you could do that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

If I could get someone to reply to this, I'd like to ask about the following. You'll have to read it and answer the questions at the end:

Something that I came across last night in our Bible Study:

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert.

6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: "The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in pagan revelry." 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did--and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test the Lord, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did--and were killed by the destroying angel. 11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.

Hebrews 3:7 So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, 9 where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. 10 That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' 11 So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" 12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15 As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." 16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Jude 1:5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

We cannot overlook these things!

In His Love,

Suzanne

(Paragraph 1)

Who are "they", and WHO is leading them?

(Paragraph 2)

What are the examples we are being warned about?

(Paragraph 3 Hebrews 3)

What is the main topic of that paragraph?

(Paragraph 4 Jude)

Do you think that this is referring to the saved or unsaved? Why or Why Not?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Oh, and Thanks! (alta and stacey)

:emot-wave:

In His Love,