IGNORED

to help a friend

Guest Jesus_lover_forever

Guest Jesus_lover_forever

my friend likes the same sex and she goes to church and she knows that it is wrong and i just need advice for anything she said she is already going to hell so help me get her back

thanks

Guest faithless

I wish I knew your friend. That way she would have a friend to lean on to help her instead of being surrounded zealots ready to vilify her for something that isn't even her fault and for no better reason than it is written somewhere in an archaic book that homosexuality should be shunned. I suggest you be supportive of her and try to keep an open mind, because there is nothing else you can do. Homosexuality isn't something that you "fix."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

God will have to bring her to her knees ......either through trials and such........

nothing you can do change her .........the Holy Spirit through your prayers will prick her conscious ......all you can basically do is pray ..........but that is powerful and never forget that ............

God moves in mysterious ways...........i know from experience the power of sexual sins...........its not easy to get over...............

but i believe in the power of prayer and praying with fervancy i guess........

Guest green_ink

Dear Jesus Lover FOrever:

I'm not sure from your post whether it is you who thinks your friend is going to hell, or your friend herself that thinks that. Remember - punctuation is your friend! :wub:

But that question aside, how could either of you be so sure your friend is going to hell? Because she sins? Are we not all sinners? Should not every single person in the history of the world also be going to hell? The wonder is that any of us can even hope to wind up anywhere other than hell!

If your friend has accepted CHrist, and repented of her sins, and truly wants to change, then she is saved. There should be some fruit to show from her salvation, but that spritual fruit may have nothing to do (at least at first) with changing her homosexuality. Neither you nor she nor anyone else can know whether God's plan includes "curing" her, or perfecting her through trials that may come through this particular sin.

Once we are His, we begin the long slow process of growing into the stature of Christ, and while some of us may get farther along that path than others before the end of our time on earth, not one of us except Jesus has reached, or even CAN reach, that standard.

I would suggest first, that you pray for your friend. Then I would suggest you show her the understanding, compassion, and acceptance that we should show to all God's people, whether they acknowledge Jesus as their Lord or not. And then, if you have a close enough relationship with her, you can bring up the subject of her sins. But don't forget, you must have the log out of your own eye before you can help to remove the speck from the eye of your sister.

Hope this helps you!

I don't approve of homosexuallity, and I believe it is a sin. However, there are so many sinful things that I indulge myself in and can't seem to give up, that I will not judge another.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

Jesus lover forever,

I am sorry to hear of your struggles in this situation. Please remember that your concern for your friend is a good thing. If you did not love her then you would not care what she did no matter how distructful or not.

Sometimes, all we can do is pray and let God do His thing. Sometimes, God uses our walk to witness to others around us.

Though, I agree we are not to judge other's salvation (it is something to be worked out between God and the individual), we are to :

1. Make others aware of their follies in a gentle and loving way

2. Pray for them (make sure you are coming from a place of "God's" love)

3. Offer to be there for them if they need you to encourage them when they are ready to change (only God can stir them to change)

However, we are called to preach and witness to the lost but not mingle with them. Remember, light has no place with darkness. Sexual sins are extreamly strong and you would be more likely to be influenced by her then her by you (if you just hang out)

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

You have to be careful. Be there for your friend when she is ready and pray for her, but don't be so involved that it pulls you in too. If that happened... who would pull you both out? (rhetorical question)

Another thing, when we make the decission for Christ - we die to the flesh. God does not accept a double-minded man. You can't straddle the fence. Remeber the church of Laodicea in Rev 3. They were lukewarm - He spews them out of His mouth. Though we may not be perfect here on earth, we must continue to strive for the mark. If we know something is wrong yet continue to do it...

Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Edited by Only4Him777