IGNORED

King James Version

G.A.P.

Guest HIS girl

I've never read the KJ. Is it very different to the NKJ? I'm not sure how I'd go with thou, thee, art....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I personally like the KJV. I have and will always use it as a comparative reference. This is only a guess, but would those people attacking the KJV also be using the NIV? The KJV may be hard for some to read but it is not considered to be inacurate. At worst, it leaves alot of room for mis-interpretation but so do all the other translations.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/06/1969

I personally like the KJV. I have and will always use it as a comparative reference. This is only a guess, but would those people attacking the KJV also be using the NIV? The KJV may be hard for some to read but it is not considered to be inacurate. At worst, it leaves alot of room for mis-interpretation but so do all the other translations.

[/quote

I don't know. But look at how many people don't like the KJ as it is " Too Hard" to understand. I agree that anyone who can't understand " Thee, Thou and Ye" are just lazy!!!!!! How many people do you find attacking the other translations? My pastor says that Satan is the one attacking the KJ as it is the nearest to the truth I will try and upload the leaflet that I have on the subject, if not I will try and find it on the Internet and post a link.

Myrtle

Guest 70times7

i also agree, most other versions have became watered down with commentary, always keep a kjv for reference, but also remember that God still reveals things to all of us about his word hence all of the other versions.

Guest 70times7

also remember that it is left to your relationship with the holy spirit to meditate on these things and allow the spirit inside you to decifer whats true, added by the thoughts of men, or totally false

Guest 70times7

also remember that it is left to your relationship with the holy spirit to meditate on these things and allow the spirit inside you to decifer whats true, added by the thoughts of men, or totally false

Guest TheChief

"Of course we all know that St Paul used the KJV. If it was good enough for him, its good enough for me."

Is there anyone on this thread who understands the biblical canon wasn't even set until 200 plus years after Paul's time, and, seeing as it wasn't published until 1611, the only way Paul COULD have used it was via time travel? Olde English didn't even exist in Paul's time, nor did at least one book (Revelation).

The argument that "the KJV is the Bible that Paul used" is an absolute nonstarter...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

KJB only girl here! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

There is NOTHING more beautiful than language of the KJ, when I am just reading for the sheer enjoyment of it, it has to be the KJ...........read the 23rd Psalms in a couple of different versions, none of them compare to it being read from the KJ. Makes me wanna go read it right now!

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

From a different Version:

Psalm 22

1 A psalm for David. The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.

2 He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment:

3 He hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake.

4 For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.

5 Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!

6 And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.

1 "Ruleth me"... In Hebrew, Is my shepherd, viz., to feed, guide, and govern me.

Interesting yes?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

"Of course we all know that St Paul used the KJV. If it was good enough for him, its good enough for me."

Is there anyone on this thread who understands the biblical canon wasn't even set until 200 plus years after Paul's time, and, seeing as it wasn't published until 1611, the only way Paul COULD have used it was via time travel? Olde English didn't even exist in Paul's time, nor did at least one book (Revelation).

The argument that "the KJV is the Bible that Paul used" is an absolute nonstarter...

I think this person meant it is the most accurate translation. :thumbsup:

But good point chief, lol.